[Mk2] [Generic] Winddeflector SW20.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

surferdude

[Mk2] [Generic] Winddeflector SW20.

Post by surferdude »

A winddeflector wich fits in the T-bar. Never saw it before.

The Toyota MR2 is a two-seater sports car with a targa roof. When the two glass roof panels are removed, a small spoiler opens out. The spoiler is to deflect the air flow in order to keep the passengers out of the wind. It works fine up to speeds of 120 km/hr but for higher speeds, there is no protection anymore from the wind which results in a sound pressure inside the car of more than 110 dB
Infinious developed a lightweight carbon wind deflector that better deflects the air flow and in consequence reduces the sound level and unpleasant wind in the face. For the passengers it is now much more enjoyable to drive with an open roof.
The wind deflector is an example of a product that was developed from first concept design to a fully operational prototype. The deflector will be manufactured by means of RTM (Resin Transfer Moulding).

Image Image

More info here --> http://www.hosper.eu/joomla/index.php?v ... itstart=30
Last edited by surferdude on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Si_Crewe

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Winddeflector SW20.

Post by Si_Crewe »

Be interesting to see how well they work but I'd be surprised if they actually solve the problem completely.
I would have thought the air flow would be too turbulent (cross-winds and vortexes which alter at different speeds) for a single, static, device to cure it completely.

I dunno.

I kinda think the wind noise is part of the whole open-top experience. When you get sick of it you can always stick the roof panels back on.

Course, my missus has long hair and she'd probably see things differently. :D
surferdude

Post by surferdude »

I often get a headache while driving with the roof panels off, maybe this is the perfect solution for me.

My missus and me aint got hair anymore... :oldtongue:
surferdude

Post by surferdude »

I am in contact with the company (Infinious) who made this. There is only one prototype. A student of the Technical University made this his graduation project. He developed it.

Anybody more interested? Maybe Infinious will start up a production.
Yas

Post by Yas »

I'm wondering if this would double up and help with downforce :-k Might be an idea to get a rough figure from them.
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob
http://www.eshishaonline.com

Return to “Modifications”