question on imoc track days???

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

neoeire

question on imoc track days???

Post by neoeire »

hi, i hope to be joining this club soon when my mr2 rev1 turbo is on the road, my insurance company says i can only do track days if there club organised ones only, and then im covered with my insurance company with no extra cost...

are these track days club organised or just members ones?

i know this is prob a stupid question, but i want to make sure im joining a club where i can do track days, and santa pod days without it costing a furtune, plus if so, does the club organise any track day road trips to that track in germany? cant remember the name.. nurburg or something like that... top gear when there with a diesel jag...

thanks
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: question on imoc track days???

Post by Charged »

neoeire wrote:hi, i hope to be joining this club soon when my mr2 rev1 turbo is on the road, my insurance company says i can only do track days if there club organised ones only, and then im covered with my insurance company with no extra cost...

are these track days club organised or just members ones?

i know this is prob a stupid question, but i want to make sure im joining a club where i can do track days, and santa pod days without it costing a furtune, plus if so, does the club organise any track day road trips to that track in germany? cant remember the name.. nurburg or something like that... top gear when there with a diesel jag...

thanks

Hi

when your insurance company say you are covered for track days, you need to find out what you are and are not covered for, which tracks, is your car covered or is it just if you crash into someone else,how much is the excess? I say all this becuase quite often insurers offer 'trackday' cover to lure you in, and when it comes to it, it is hardly worth the paper it is written on.

If it turns out you do not really have much in the way of trackday cover you can buy it seperately, it it usually costs £60 for cover at a UK circuit.

I dont think many people get insurance for Santa Pod and you'll need to take our seperate cover for the Nurburgring.

You need to ask your insurer a little more and find out what they mean by club organised traxckdays and how you proove this.

Ollie
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

club days are usually defined as days where the club has hired or has the sole exclusive use of the circuit for the day.
not like the days where a lot of club members get together on an open to all-comers day, despite it nearly being all club cars.

anyone know how lotus-on-track days would be counted, as you have to be a club member to go on them, and they are cheap (not for profit) ?
mr2's are eligible, as they state 2-seater sports cars (but they don't shout about that fact)
System-G

Post by System-G »

There are road policies available that cover trackdays where you don't need club membership. It's not cheap though.

Try Richard Egger Insurance - They provide trackday and motorsport insurance as well as road policies with trackday cover (for say X-Amount of trackdays per year. Then if you do more, it's a minimal extra - something like £25 per day)
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

To be honest, given the excess you generally get with insurance on track, I'm not convinced it's worth insuring a car with a low value for track work.

For example it's worth insuring a car that is say worth 10K. But is it really worth it for a car worth say 2K?

I certainly never bothered insuring my cars for the track.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

To be honest, given the excess you generally get with insurance on track, I'm not convinced it's worth insuring a car with a low value for track work.

For example it's worth insuring a car that is say worth 10K. But is it really worth it for a car worth say 2K?

I certainly never bothered insuring my cars for the track.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”