IMOC/ROC/Mk1 Club joint trackday event, Anglesey 30th and 31st October 2010

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ekona

IMOC/ROC/Mk1 Club joint trackday event, Anglesey 30th and 31st October 2010

Post by Ekona »

Okay chaps, let's see if we can't make this as successful as the last one waaaay back in 2006!

Every year we over on ROC (my main hangout) have an annual excursion to Anglesey for our trackday event, but this year I thought it might be nice to try and make it as MR2-only day. To that end, I've been speaking with Bookatrack and currently we've got first dibs on the weekend of the 30th and 31st of October. I'll rip a bit off the ROC thread to explain a bit more...

First of all, for those that haven't attended a ROC trackday before much less our annual excursion to Anglesey, I'll explain what it is. Basically, we travel up to Anglesey on a Friday via a stop off at Demon Tweeks in Wrexham where we spend hideous amounts of money, and then spend Saturday at the Anglesey track itself which is my personal favourite track I've ever driven on as well as being one of the safest (12m wide track and sooooo much run off just in case). After a good sleep we head back homewards on the Sunday, with some of us choosing to take a more scenic route via the Evo Triangle if weather permits. In short, it's just a fantastic weekend and once I'm proud to be a part of for yet another year.

I'm currently in talks with Bookatrack over the exact details of this, but basically they will have either the Coastal or GP layout on either the 30th or 31st of October (one layout one day, and the other the next). Having driven both layouts last year I'm happy with either as they both have their good bits, so that's not a problem really. Costs have risen slightly this year sadly but it's still very reasonable: £175 for the Coastal and £195 for the GP. May seem pricey, but you really are driving one of the best tracks in Europe AND with a high noise limit (105dB) so it's worth it! If you want to do both days which is a very realistic option BaT will even give a £25 discount, so just £345 for the pair.

Accommodation will probably be http://www.hotel-anglesey.co.uk/, however I'll speak to them and see what I can get out of them regarding rooms. Expect the cost to be around £70 per room per night.

The more people that get their name down for this, the more likelihood we have of keeping it for MR2s only! The last one in March 2006 was just an incredible weekend and I know it was enjoyed by all so I'm hoping this year will be just as good. Post up and I'll keep the thread updated with names and details :thumleft:

1. Tubbyone
Last edited by Ekona on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Re: IMOC/ROC/Mk1 Club joint trackday event, Anglesey 30th and 31st October 2010

Post by Tiamat »

What is the arrangement for those coming along to watch, won't be able to track it with the noise limits, but could do with a weekend away.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

No probs with that at all, if you get to the track for the briefings in the morning you can get wristbanded up for pax rides too :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Just to add I've already got 10 confirmed cars over on ROC for this, so don't be afraid of being the first to get your name down over here ;)
System-G

Post by System-G »

Thanks for sorting this Dan :thumleft:

For those interested in only spectating/passengering, you don't need to be there for the briefing as you can sign on as a passenger (FOC) at any time during the day/s - allows you to have a bit of a lie-in if required 8)
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
starmist

Post by starmist »

Had a brilliant day last year, this seems to be quite a bit more expensive though.
tubbyone

Post by tubbyone »

I'm up for it - work trips permitting.

Cheers

Rog
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Good man :thumleft:

1. Tubbyone
ashley

Post by ashley »

1. Tubbyone
2. Ashman

Hoping it's the GP circuit :pray:

Anglesey rocks Image
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

really enjoyed the last outing at anglesey so will be trying to make this but i wont put my name down just yet, i dont even know if i will still be employed by then
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Wanted to do anglesea for a while now - whats the chance of a non MR2 taking part?
tubbyone

Anglesy

Post by tubbyone »

Hi folks

Does anybody know if this is definately on as over on the MR2OC they are booking hotels etc?

Do we need to book directly with the book a track for the day.

Any news would be appreciated.

Rog :-k
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Kinda forgot about this really given the lack of interest here, but it most definitely is still on! All the organising is being done over on ROC now, hence my lack up updates here.

Bender Unit wrote:Wanted to do anglesea for a while now - whats the chance of a non MR2 taking part?

100%, given that I'll be doing it in a 350Z ;) Due to the lack of numbers this is just a normal trackday now, so the best way to do this is to go to the Bookatrack website (click here) and book yourself on directly, and then call the hotel as in the link on the first post and book yourself in on that. :)

@tubbyone: Guess that kinda answers all your questions above really! I haven't organised this with the OC so I guess you meant ROC, I couldn't see anything over on the OC website when I looked?
tubbyone

Anglesy

Post by tubbyone »

Ta for the update andc yep, it was the ROC.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”