Windows 7 speech recognition software

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2daz

Windows 7 speech recognition software

Post by mr2daz »

This is the first time, quite possibly the last time, I have ever used speech recognition software to type something on an Internet forum.

It has taken me approximately 1 hour to type this almost dictating word for word because Windows sevens'built in speech recognition software is not the best... Actually, thinking about it, it's probably more to do with this pile of donkey dung microphone that I found hiding in a box in a room I don't use very often.

Has anyone else tried this speech recognition software using a decent microphone?
How was it for you? :D
“There’s class warfare all right, but it’s my class, the rich class that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Warren Buffett
Azz

Re: Windows 7 speech recognition software

Post by Azz »

Know, Now, Naw, Knaw, Knoew

[switches to keyboard]

No
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

I've been practicing again this morning, and it seems to be going quite well. So far, I have opened Internet explorer navigated this web page and typed all of this text without so much as touching it balti amounts, I don't know what balti amounts are it should say keyboard and mouse.
Considering this microphone is really really nasty, coupled with the fact that I keep swinging it about when it annoys me banging it on my desk and swearing at it all of the time, I think it's actually pretty good. :clap:
[/url][/i]
“There’s class warfare all right, but it’s my class, the rich class that’s making war, and we’re winning.” Warren Buffett
Joey

Post by Joey »

I had a play with this myself using a proper headset some time ago, i was actually very impressed with the results. Few mistakes at first but the more you used it the better it got.
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

hmmmmmm, should't thus be in off topic?

tyoed thus with my nosde

nose>voice rdcognition
My personal website : http://www.jonathanchye.co.uk
excalibur1814

Word

Post by excalibur1814 »

Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Like Windows 7's inbuilt speech, it also has to be trained and the full version can cost a bit.

http://www.nuance.co.uk/naturallyspeaking/

I purchased a nice Logitech headset for it.
Mr2_NA

Post by Mr2_NA »

Didn't even know it had this built it!

I'll try it later.

Return to “Games Consoles”