rev 6 rear lights

intierer
half leather and cloth tv ,dvd player apexi boost gauge blue light strip
mr2 silver door siles

suspension eiback pro springs black billes trd arb plus poly bushes
brakes carbotec pads rev 3 calipers braided hoses

engine gear box
rev 2 gearbox with rps clutch with lots of life quife lsd
rev 4 engine from gts chris low milage always allowed to heat up and cool down st205 charge cooler lagged with full size 205 pre rad
rouge down pipe rsr exhaust

my friends say my car is fast but i dont think so have kept up with 340 bhp mr2 and a 320 they both said i must be runing over 300 but i only have a rev4 running 1 bar of boost my friends 400 bhp supra beats me but not by much

bad bits shocks gone on lambo doors ,have a rip inside door panel closeing door ,5 gear syncro on its way out but easey to repair gearbox does not have to be removed just opened from the side and replace syncro£100 odd pounds and 1 leaky shock on the rear
i was going to keep this car as i have had it for nearly 4 years but i have just come of a ban and the insurance is expensive pics to follow not sure how to post them

finger

more pics

Post by finger »

i want you to know that the engine is rely healthy as i use 0-40 fully synthtic oil and the oil level has not droped and there is no smoke and all the doors need is new shocks might repair all of it i want to build a track day car
finger

few other bits

Post by finger »

it has cat 1 alarm imobilser cobra
1 year mot 6 mth tax
and team dynamics wheels with good year eagle tyres all round with plenty tread
crip

Re: gauging intrest whats it worth

Post by crip »

i almost bought a similar styled and modded black tbar turbo for 2k a couple of months back. that one didnt have a worn gearbox or faulty lambo doors, so i would price yours at about 1.5k..... a worn synchro may as well mean a replacement gearbox as i dont know of anyone who will replace the synchro for the price you've quoted

you may sell it for more if the buyer isnt aware of what it costs to sort the issues

good luck with the sale either way
Neptune

Post by Neptune »

:shock:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Have a word - £1,500 for a turbo - not a chance.

Fix the problems mate, will only cost you a couple of hundred quid but will make the car 100% more sellable. Fix it up, give it a good clean up and IMO, take the snorkle and spoiler off as they'll put a lot of people off. Then that'll be a pretty nice car.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

agree with the comments about the snorkle and the rear spoiler, and (ill possibly get flamed here) but id swap the rear lights for a set of rev3+ ones, not to my taste and maybe not your buyers, from what i have heard its a buyers market out there (good news for me as im on the lookout for a tubby soon) and the more modified the car the smaller the market maybe.

good luck with the sale
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Is that a genuine Border Kit? They must cost north of £500 alone?
crip

Post by crip »

matt_mr2t wrote:Have a word - £1,500 for a turbo - not a chance.

you are obviously one who has never picked up a bargain

my mate bought this one for £1800 last year with no issues whatsoever

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

he sold it on to someone who pranged it and then sold it on again

and here is an example of a rev3 tbar turbo with great mods which sold for less than 2k with a crunchy gearbox too

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=446825

so maybe it is you who needs to "have a word" :lol:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Yeah there are some bargains out there but maybe it reflects how desperate the seller is. Personally I would expect a reasonably modded rev1 turbo in decent nick to set me back 1600-2000 pounds, rev 2 2000-2400 and a decent rev 3 2400-2800ish. Or thats what I would be willing to pay or find reasonable.

I know we are talking about 15-20 year old cars, but then there are some very special ones that come up that you just know are worth 4 or 5 grand issue free and highly modded and to a good standard.

Looking at this and knowing the buyer is selling with honesty about the issues, (if I had the cash and didnt already have my rev1), I`d probably say it was worth over 2 grand. Maybe 2200? But thats just me, everybody has a different valuation on what they want and expect when buying a vehicle.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Look in the for sale section. If you wash it and fit big brakes...About £5000 I reckon. Just add all the mods together. Be a bargain at that. :thumleft: :clown:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

crip wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:Have a word - £1,500 for a turbo - not a chance.

you are obviously one who has never picked up a bargain

my mate bought this one for £1800 last year with no issues whatsoever

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

he sold it on to someone who pranged it and then sold it on again

and here is an example of a rev3 tbar turbo with great mods which sold for less than 2k with a crunchy gearbox too

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=446825

so maybe it is you who needs to "have a word" :lol:

If you, not your mate, could go out and get a selection of turbo's for under £2k I would take you seriously. The fact your mate once got a car on the cheap means nothing to anyone.

This seller could fix his issues easily enough and IMO sell that for comfortably over £2k
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

I agree Barried one's do fetch a premium :wink:
finger

Hi

Post by finger »

Hi thanx for all your coments and your opions
I have only just come of my ban and I have
been working 7 days a week I have not had
the time to sort it out but as soon as I do
I will fix it up the gear box is not a big job
don't even have to take it of just open the side
of it and replace 5 gear syncro the is also
a quaif limited slip diff in there and a good
eps clutch it's abloody good car and I nearly
keep up with my friends 400 bhp supra
and I have not even put the power fc on
it is runnig rich but I am going to keep
it
matt_mr2t

Re: Hi

Post by matt_mr2t »

finger wrote:Hi thanx for all your coments and your opions
I have only just come of my ban and I have
been working 7 days a week I have not had
the time to sort it out but as soon as I do
I will fix it up the gear box is not a big job
don't even have to take it of just open the side
of it and replace 5 gear syncro the is also
a quaif limited slip diff in there and a good
eps clutch it's abloody good car and I nearly
keep up with my friends 400 bhp supra
and I have not even put the power fc on
it is runnig rich but I am going to keep
it

If it's an easy job, do it. Any potential buyer will be suspicious if you say "it's an easy fix but I havent done it"
crip

Post by crip »

matt_mr2t wrote:If you, not your mate, could go out and get a selection of turbo's for under £2k I would take you seriously. The fact your mate once got a car on the cheap means nothing to anyone.

This seller could fix his issues easily enough and IMO sell that for comfortably over £2k

pmsl, look on pistonheads and tell me if you cant find a shedload of mr2 turbos for less than 2k with no major issues..... dont make me do the legwork for you and prove you a tool

and i have had more mr2's than you have had cars in your life, i can guarantee you that hence me giving a realistic market price :lol:
b8ucks

Post by b8ucks »

Have a word

Haha haven't heard that used since I left Essex.

As for the car I doubt you'd get more than £2-2.5k once you'd sorted the issues. Also, why haven't you fitted a tubby engine lid?
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Dangerous asking for a valuation on here.

I would suggest doing some homework by looking around autotrader, pistonheads and the like and submit a fair and firm price but it looks like you've decided to keep it now..
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

b8ucks wrote:
Have a word

Haha haven't heard that used since I left Essex.

As for the car I doubt you'd get more than £2-2.5k once you'd sorted the issues. Also, why haven't you fitted a tubby engine lid?

Well spotted, it does'nt have the turbo side strips either, my guess is this is a converted N/A the plot thickens, the thread title does'nt state its a GT / GTS turbo.
A bona fide GT/GTS yeah £1500 with the problems
converted N/A:

£900 spares or repair
finger

SOME COMMENTS

Post by finger »

I AM NOT DESPRATE FOR YOUR MONEY JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WAS WORTH BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD A TRACK DAY CAR
I ONLY DRIVE IT A COUPLE OF HOURS A WEEK
AS FOR THE ENGINE LID I DONT KNOW I BROUGHT IT LIKE THAT BUT IT DOES HAVE JAPENESE STICKERS ON IT IT MIGHT OF BEEN CONVERTED
BUT IT HAS HAD A LOT OF MONEY SPENT A RELY GOOD SPRAY JOB 90 % BLACK AND 10% SOME SORT OF PURPLE
RAYS LIGHTS
TEAM DYNAMICS RIMMS WITH GOOD YEAR EAGLE F1 ALL ROUND
REV 3 BRAKES UPRATED VENTED AND GROVED DISCS
CARBOTEC BRAKE PADS GOODRICH BRAKE LINES TRD ANTI ROLL BARS TRD STRUT BRACES POLY BUSHES YOU MIGHT NOT NOTICE BUT THE REAR ARCHES HAVE BEEN WIDENED I HAD 265 /35 / 18 IN THERE
GINUINE BORDER KIT GINUINE BORDER SCOOP
THE ENGINE IS IN RELY GOOD NIK CAM BELT HAS BEEN CHANGED THE TURBO IS IN RELY GOOD CONDITION I HAVE A FULL 3 INC STRAIGHT THROUGHT EXHAUST 3 INC DOWN PIPE CHARGE COOLER THATS LAGED
AND A FULL SIZED GT4 PRE RAD UP FRONT I HAVE TRIED ALL SORTS OF SUSPENSION SET UPON IT KIONI WITH EIBACK PRO SPRINGS BILISTIEN AND CUSCO COILOVERS WHITLE LINE ARBS TYRE SIZES , AND PROFILES AND GEO SETTINGS THIS CAR IS EXCITING TO DRIVE MY FRIENDS HAVE M3S SUPRA AND SKYLINES YOU COULD BE DOING 150 AND IT FEELS LIKE YOR DOING 60 THIS CAR FEELS FAST AND IS PRETTY NIPPEY I BEAT MY FRIEND REV 2 TURBO AND HES RUNNING 313 BHP AND I HAVE NOT EVEN FITED MY POWER FC YET I
SO DONT DIS THIS CAR AS A PEICE OF CRAP AS IT HAS HAD A LOT OF MONEY AND TIME SPENT ON IT AND IT HAS BEEN WELL LOOKED AFTERImage [imgImage[/imgImage[imgImage[/img]

Return to “MR2s for Sale”