modern warfare 2

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JohnnyC

Re: modern warfare 2

Post by JohnnyC »

I used a sniper rifle for the VERY first time today...

and I liked it 8)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

JohnnyC wrote:I used a sniper rifle for the VERY first time today...

and I liked it 8)

did it taste like cherry chapstick?
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

H3RB wrote:

and I liked it 8)

did it taste like cherry chapstick?

It did, and I hope it's boyfriend don't mind it 8-[
craig

Post by craig »

LOL H3RB :lol:

and I liked it 8)

been sniping a bit today, non too shabby I must say :twisted:
Got immensely bored of campers today so turned it off before I broke something.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

Love it when i catch dem badman's in the guillie suits in the open, they feel the force of the akimbo rangers :twisted:
craig

Post by craig »

Razor04 wrote:Love it when i catch dem badman's in the guillie suits in the open, they feel the force of the akimbo rangers :twisted:

'tis funny when you catch the snipers in the open, they don't know what to do :lol: :lol:
Azz

Post by Azz »

HR3B wrote:nooooo your mistaken, its called camping [thumleft]
running around is far harder then sniping. you have to cover yourself from everywhere so you dont get shot in the back or side etc. first time i ever used a sniper on cod 4 i got 36kills and 29 of those were headshots lol
try sniping on frontlines fuels of war thats 10x harder you really have to lead your shots and adjust for hieght drops etc of distance none of which you have to do on cod... its just point and shoot.

I will beat you up young man, :mrgreen:

Runners only have to look forward, its a fluke if someone manages to get you as you crossed paths and they have shot you or run after you that's just tough luck.

Campers are the cretins that hide in doorways or under stairs and blast you with a shot gun, general in the point where you cant react to them.

I am on show for the world to see and its up to me to stop you getting to me, you have to second guess what the other team are doing and you only get one shot, as your aim will never steady before they return fire. Sniping is an art, but I would love a pop at the one you mentioned where you have to equate for distance etc. Would love a game where you had to do wind and movement at the same time.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Azz wrote:
HR3B wrote:nooooo your mistaken, its called camping [thumleft]
running around is far harder then sniping. you have to cover yourself from everywhere so you dont get shot in the back or side etc. first time i ever used a sniper on cod 4 i got 36kills and 29 of those were headshots lol
try sniping on frontlines fuels of war thats 10x harder you really have to lead your shots and adjust for hieght drops etc of distance none of which you have to do on cod... its just point and shoot.

I will beat you up young man, :mrgreen:

Runners only have to look forward, its a fluke if someone manages to get you as you crossed paths and they have shot you or run after you that's just tough luck.

Campers are the cretins that hide in doorways or under stairs and blast you with a shot gun, general in the point where you cant react to them.

I am on show for the world to see and its up to me to stop you getting to me, you have to second guess what the other team are doing and you only get one shot, as your aim will never steady before they return fire. Sniping is an art, but I would love a pop at the one you mentioned where you have to equate for distance etc. Would love a game where you had to do wind and movement at the same time.

flashpoint, arma 2, battle field 2, frontlines fuels of war, black hawk down and mag those games are all pretty tought to snipe on and take real skill. snipers are always going to be campers as camping is just sitting int one spot or area for the majority of the map. even if you move to various spots i garentee most of the time you will stay in the same spot/area for several mins, that to me is camping.
and you really dont only have to look in front of you when your a run n gunner if you did you would be dead every 5 seconds :shock:
also you say "I am on show for the world to see and its up to me to stop you getting to me" why do we have to get to you? i could out snipe you with a famas/m16 from across the map lol im not bragging by anymeans, just saying cod is a damn easy game to get kills on its actually pretty hard to be bad at that game lol
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

On most maps snipering can be done with the M16 and ACOG sight
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

I got called a Camper last night. I never stick to the same place, it gets boring but if you kill someone and they try coming right back to where you are and i change position and get them again then thats there fault. I kill and move and often find people running to my last position and pick them of again.

ps. i dont think they like it when you use Ninja, Cold blooded and a silencer. Its funny watching them spin around looking for you.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

M16 and ACOG? hmmmm that sounds like a good set up :thumleft:
3 round burst yeah i'm gonna give that a go cheers :)
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

un1eash wrote:I got called a Camper last night. I never stick to the same place, it gets boring but if you kill someone and they try coming right back to where you are and i change position and get them again then thats there fault. I kill and move and often find people running to my last position and pick them of again.

ps. i dont think they like it when you use Ninja, Cold blooded and a silencer. Its funny watching them spin around looking for you.

Some people are so dense, you can actually watch them try to sneak up on where you were 5 minutes ago cos they expect you to stay there and wait for them :shock: - idiots
gunz1

Post by gunz1 »

RedMR² wrote:
un1eash wrote:Your not a runner are you? They annoy the hell out of me.

I can't stand it when people with the tactical knife attachment think they can run through bullets and kill you. They get away with it sometimes, but more times that not I just make a collander out of them :twisted:

tactical knives are good weapon during combat?
Azz

Post by Azz »

Ok 1000 headshots with Barrett .50, done on Friday night :thumleft:

On the Intervention with 121 headshots and 450 kills :twisted:
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Still leagues behind you lot, but I was quite chuffed with my antics last night.
3 kills in 1 shot with a Grenade Luncher.
4 or 5 knifings in a row.
Managed a positive score!! 15 kills to 10 deaths :lol:

I still class myself as a n00b on this.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
fizz

Post by fizz »

Good stuff mate. :)

Was playing last night with a chap from work who has only just recently completed the game on rookie.

He tried a team death match online and i think the match making system is shyte as he was up againt prestiege players when i joined him.

Poor chap in his first game didnt even get one kill! #-o :lol:

Went on to do a bit better but he has finally got his custom classes opened up so am trying to walk him through good starting tips etc.
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Care to publish those starting tips on here? :-k

I do agree though about the match making system. I'm on 17 or 18 now, and I was up against mainly 48+ there was one 15 and one 10 I think, the rest were a long way above my level.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
fizz

Post by fizz »

Probably teaching you how to suck eggs but i was telling him about how to setup his classes for different maps/types of combat.

Close combat i suggest using something like the UPM sub machine gun along with comando and stopping power and marathon. Basically its a run and gun setup.

My mate also didnt know which guns had the granade launcher etc so advised him how all assault rifles have them but you have to unlock them first.

Also when shooting a gun which has lots of kick back when your aim starts raising you can avoid this by shooting in short bursts. That helps keep your aim where you want it and at the same time your still shooting.

Get in a team deathmatch to start off with and see where the regular players run off to straight away as normally you will pickup tips on where the enemy will come from etc.

stuff like that..
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

Get in the habit of dropping off your claymore in sneaky places like doorways / stairwells etc always good for clocking up random kills :thumleft:

If all else fails: camp :lol:

also set up your killstreaks for 5 / 7 / 9
predator missile
harriers
pavelow
craig

Post by craig »

Razor04 wrote:Get in the habit of dropping off your claymore in sneaky places like doorways / stairwells etc always good for clocking up random kills :thumleft:

If all else fails: camp :lol:

also set up your killstreaks for 5 / 7 / 9
predator missile
harriers
pavelow

Yeah I do that, then 5 mins later, you get 100 points :lol: :lol:

Return to “Games Consoles”