Game Console

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SamUK

Re: Game Console

Post by SamUK »

RichardK wrote:What a flaming disaster Xbox Live is.

Not really the best week to be saying Live is a flaming disaster lol. Atleast its worked all week.

Live is undeniably the best all round package for gaming.

Sky Player isnt too shabby either for entertainment.
Rev 3 GTS
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

SamUK wrote:

Not really the best week to be saying Live is a flaming disaster lol. Atleast its worked all week.

yeah theres nothing wrong with live, well not if you enjoy laggy gaming, over priced dlc completley pointless community games and mics that sound like you rubbing your face on a cheese grater as you speak :thumleft:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

H3RB wrote:
SamUK wrote:

yeah theres nothing wrong with live, well not if you enjoy laggy gaming, over priced dlc completley pointless community games and mics that sound like you rubbing your face on a cheese grater as you speak :thumleft:

is there really any point starting this argument AGAIN!!!!!!

some people like the xbox others like the ps3.... is there really any more to it than that..
they are both very capable

i just prefer the xbox... others prefer the ps... fair doos
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

H3RB wrote:
SamUK wrote:

Its funny how your the only one who complains about this?

PSN is playing cathup to live with every update they bring out. Its that simple.
Rev 3 GTS
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

we need an imoticon for :Yawn:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Or a new mouse?

The one you have seems to bring you to threads you dont want to read.

Bit weird that. #-o
Rev 3 GTS
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

I do want to read this thread
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Well without any debate or opinion it would be over by now?
Rev 3 GTS
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

We all know the one and only reason H3RB has an xbox is because you can mod them but you can't the ps3. I think since xbox changed the lay out for the dashboard they ruined it. Before it was so easy to use but now it's just a mess. I think ms actually made the ps3 dash better without the ps3 changing anything. Ben, rsi is just me exaggerating mate, but i don't find anything nice about the ps3 controller. It's dated and shows next to the more modern and erganomic 360 controller. Seriously, if the ps3 had a controller more like the 360 i'd think about getting more games for it. But as it is, when i have the choice of either console, i always pick 360.
craig

Post by craig »

I agree matt, the original 360 dashboard was far far better than the current effort!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Matt, wait untill Natal comes out.

Then the dashboard will be awesome. Minority Report style functionality will be kewl.

Just need a projector for the full MR experience lol.
Rev 3 GTS
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

to be fair this thread is about game consoles... and thats what we are talking about lol so why cant we bring it up in here?
honestly tho go in chat on the 360 then go in chat on the ps3 the difference is insane!!
as for lag i had cod 6 n the 360 first and it was damn laggy, i used to play forza online and half the races involved the cars infront randomly stopping then shooting off 100mph sideways so they car on screen could catch up with what the actual player was doing.

ive never had that happen in a race on gt5p i never had major lag on cod 6 on ps3. mag has 256 players and has virtually no lag but its 256 players so u can expect a tad...
psn store is price in £ and not daft points, trails hd cost me £18 from xbox live!! i used my card to buy so many points then went to use it again to buy the remaining points seconds later but ms decided to block my card! even there was enough in my bank to buy the game 50x.... in the end i had to go to gamestation and buy the only ms points card they sold which was 2100 points for £18.... to this day i still cant use my card on live for no reason. xbox say its my banks fault my bank says its ms's fault.
i WAS a hugeeeeee xbox fan boy. i had the ps2 on release day and laughed when the xbox came out didnt get one till it had been out a year but when i did i dont think i ever turned my ps2 back on. couldnt wait for the 360 so pre ordered it and spent £600 on release day to get it with one of the daft bundles they make you buy.
i laughed when the ps3 came out sayin how bad it was and id never get one because im not stupid. my uncle bought one 6months after they came out and told me to go play it round his, it blew me away so next day i bought one. ive had 6 360's die on me and i get atleast 10 a week to fix in that time ive only had ONE ps3 to fix. i can get any game i like on the 360 weeks sometimes months before they come out or i can pay top whack for them on ps3 but i always get them on ps3... thats gotta say something.
my 360 is now ONLY used for rock band 2 and the guitar hero series. its not because im a fan boy its just because the ps3 does 99% of what the 360 does and usually better plus the extras the ps3 has over the 360.

so the ps3 has installs on some games but whats wrong with that? ms laughed when they knew the ps3 did it and peter moore said "why would you put a big hard drive in there and then install games to it?" next e3 presentation he was there saying "this is the xbox 360 elite with 120 gig hard drive" (wait he laughed at sonys "BIG" 60gig hard drive didnt he?)
he then went on to say "the large hard drive will allow players to store more content and even allow installs of games to help improve load times"
uncharted 2 has no install at all and if you choose to play the game through in 1 sitting then you would never see a load screen until the next time its turned on... forza 3 on the other hand can take over 2 mins to load on some races.

the old ps3's went offline for a day this week but the psn didnt crash it was just a small bug that they fixed. back when xbox 360 came out alot of people couldnt get online for weeks at a time for no apparent reason...
both consoles have their faults but the ps3 just seems to work better overall....
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

H3RB wrote:the old ps3's went offline for a day this week but the psn didnt crash it was just a small bug that they fixed.

What did they fix then?

There was no probem with PSN as newer PS3s could connect.

The PS3s 'seemed' fixed, but that was only after the non-existent 29th Feb had passed.
Sony didn't do a damn thing.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:We all know the one and only reason H3RB has an xbox is because you can mod them but you can't the ps3. I think since xbox changed the lay out for the dashboard they ruined it. Before it was so easy to use but now it's just a mess. I think ms actually made the ps3 dash better without the ps3 changing anything. Ben, rsi is just me exaggerating mate, but i don't find anything nice about the ps3 controller. It's dated and shows next to the more modern and erganomic 360 controller. Seriously, if the ps3 had a controller more like the 360 i'd think about getting more games for it. But as it is, when i have the choice of either console, i always pick 360.

That's just daft. Ive had a 360 since launch day and they took the best. Part of two years to. Crack it lol so. How did I only get one to mod....
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Tiny wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:Are you prone to rsi in your hands? If you are, 360 is the one for you. Ps3 controllers are horrid for longer than about half hour.

Must be your hands mate I have never had a problem and i have often found myself 3-4 hours lost track of time continuos game play wit hno ill effects other than square eyes and the tendancy to randomly shout "NEWB TUBE" if i directly hit someone with a M203 shell :twisted:

I used to get it with the Ps1 controllers but not with the PS3 controllers.

Agree with Matt, I absolutely HATE the PS2/PS3 controllers! =; So uncomfortable and rubbish for shooting games, the xbox controller is far more comfortable and 'feels' a lot better to play games with. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
phipck

Post by phipck »

conversly i find the 360 controler less acurate for racing games, so id say its all down to personal opinion and theres little point arguing about it :D
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

matt_mr2t wrote:We all know the one and only reason H3RB has an xbox is because you can mod them but you can't the ps3. I think since xbox changed the lay out for the dashboard they ruined it. Before it was so easy to use but now it's just a mess. I think ms actually made the ps3 dash better without the ps3 changing anything. Ben, rsi is just me exaggerating mate, but i don't find anything nice about the ps3 controller. It's dated and shows next to the more modern and erganomic 360 controller. Seriously, if the ps3 had a controller more like the 360 i'd think about getting more games for it. But as it is, when i have the choice of either console, i always pick 360.

Each to there own I suppose. I used to get bad cramp on the Original PS1 pads and Got on fine with the Massive original Xbox controllers When they brought out the smaller controllers I used to get massive hand cramps tried the 360 and found it was alot better still painful after a fair few hours but not a had a single problem with the PS3. If the wife would let me have 3 systems I would but we already have a Wii and a PS3
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

I dont mind either controller really and have never had cramp problems on marathon session other tahn tired thumbs but you get that on both.

The PS3 is a bit angular and dated and probably not as ergonomey as the 360.
I would prefer it 360 controller if its thumbsticks were aligned like the PS3 ratehr than staggered as they are.

Here's a question to all you MW2's on the PS3 have you noticed that your left thumbstick is pointing slighty north and not properly centred like the right one due to you having it pushed forward all the time ?
I've got two pads and alternate them whilst they are charging and both of them seem to be creeping north of centre !

So much so I've had a quick look into getting a replacement but cant seem to find anything better then the OEM

Return to “Games Consoles”