What Supension is best?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Hugo

What Supension is best?

Post by Hugo »

What is the best suspension for a MK2 Rev. 1 turbo. Its about time I change the suspension as it is getting a little soft etc. Do I want shocks and springs or “coilovers” and what is the difference. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don’t want to spend a lot of money on the wrong thing. I don not use my car on the track if this helps.

Hugo
Steve Flynn

Re: What Supension is best?

Post by Steve Flynn »

I have only just bought my rev 1 tubby, which had Tein coilovers on already. I have to say, I thought the ride was going to be bad, but it isn't. I would say it is no worse than my old rev 1 NA which was fitted with standard shocks and PI 40mm spirings. The handling with the coilovers is superb. :twisted:
Lewis Jay

SUSPENSION

Post by Lewis Jay »

I would say it depends how much you got to spend :-k , if you`ve got £400-£500 buy shocks n springs, if you got £1000-£1500 go for some coilovers. I got TEIN superstreet on my MK2 n/a with 18`s on 35 tyres, they are awesome \:D/ .
Do it man!!! :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: SUSPENSION

Post by Lauren »

Lewis Jay wrote:I would say it depends how much you got to spend :-k , if you`ve got £400-£500 buy shocks n springs, if you got £1000-£1500 go for some coilovers. I got TEIN superstreet on my MK2 n/a with 18`s on 35 tyres, they are awesome \:D/ .
Do it man!!! :lol:

Surely though 18s will not help the handling at all.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

What then can I get for about £600 then?

hugo
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

You could get the Koni adjustable sports suspension kit from DCDezign for about £370. Allow around £150 in labour to have it fitted. If you've got some money left over, get new droplinks as well from TwosRus.

That's what I've just done anyway \:D/
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

I agree. The Koni kit is quality and good value for money. About a 30mm drop, springs are progressive and about 25% uprated. The inserts are top adjustable allowing you to set them to what suits you.

I've fitted about 8 of these kits and every customer happy.
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

I would have to agree to, for around £400 the koni`s are probably the best kit available =D> .
As for the reference to 18`s n handling, my car is an N/A it dont go fast enough to upset the handling. :lol:

Return to “Mechanical”