[Mk2] [NA] Which alternator???

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ArmyMR2

[Mk2] [NA] Which alternator???

Post by ArmyMR2 »

would any one know the details of an alternator for a
k reg MR2 Mk2 N/a - G-limited with air con???? theres no info on my alternator to match up with???? Can anyone help??

Cheers

Claire
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Which alternator???

Post by toxo »

It's almost impossible to work out... it should have a label on it with the part number on though (although it might be a nippon-denso part rather than a toyota one), underneath all the gunk :-k It'll be a round plug at least.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
ArmyMR2

Post by ArmyMR2 »

done plenty of standing on my head from the top and bottom of the car to find a label but no joy - the engine has just been replaced and the alternator was off and 'cleaned up' - so no label - Toyota say they can get me the right one for my car but a hhhuge amount of money, and htey can't give me any details due to the labels being in japenese!!! ha !! i think no option but all out and get it reconditioned.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I just so happen to have the original alternator for my car here which needs refurbing. Do you know somewhere that does a good job?

FWIW the label on mine is on the back face, that would be nearest the boot, directly between the 2 places it attaches to the brackets.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
ArmyMR2

Post by ArmyMR2 »

there's a place just across the road from here i will get the number and post it on here

Return to “Electrical”