Is it worth it?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

newmr2owner

Is it worth it?

Post by newmr2owner »

Hi all,

Unfortunatly the MR2 needs to go, My missus has a new a job and I have to collect 2 kids after work every night and can't do it with 2 seats and im gutted.

The car has served me well and has never let me down in the year or so I have had her, I have fixed various bits but as a g plate rev1 nasp it still has its issues, mainly cosmtic ones and also isnt worth much.

I need to maximise the money I will get back and am not sure wether it is worth spending to make money or not.

Bodywork has seen better days, but this isnt my issue as I will of course be polishing and T-cutting like mad for the next week or so.

The gearbox crunches into second and always has and unless I sell to a enthusiast it will put people off....dont see I can do much about this?

My leather seats are destroyed, the drivers seat is more foam than leather......there is a set of cloth seats on here......£40.

The aerial is suck up and needs a new cats tail...£20

OSR brake disc is warped, always has been, so fel a judder under braking and it has also put movement in the caliper, although confient the movement will go with replacement discs, second hand discs and new pads.......£50-60ish new £100 ish

Dash trim is good but heaer panel has small 1cm scratch on a button and gone from black to silver and very noticable....used panel ...........£20 or black nail varnish....£3

Not sure wether it is worth spending the oney or not, the car will always crunch into second and its done 153000 miles, I need to achieve as much money as I can but dont want to spend 2 weeks and loads of time and money to not make any extra.

your thoughts guys and gals??
mr2turbo99

Re: Is it worth it?

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Go buy a car for < £500 with 6 months MOT and tax to pick the kids up in, take the MR2 off the road and restore it back to its former glory.. :thumleft:
newmr2owner

Post by newmr2owner »

wish I could mate, so skint have to sell it before I can get another car...thats all I will be getting anyway I think, on ebay these cars are only getting £500!!!
redmr89

Post by redmr89 »

sell your kids... keep the mr2 :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”