Another brilliant Sony Press Release

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SamUK

Another brilliant Sony Press Release

Post by SamUK »

http://play.tm/news/28879/ps3-to-top-xb ... play.tm%29

So you will outsell the 360 in 10 years when they no longer make it and people have a new console.

:lol: how clever!
Rev 3 GTS
matt_mr2t

Re: Another brilliant Sony Press Release

Post by matt_mr2t »

Have to say, Sony are in such a strong position with the Playstation franchise that it would take an epic fail for them not to be the top selling console.

People will just buy them, thats how it is. Playstation is as synonimous with games consoles as Hoovers are with vacuum cleaners.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Yea i agree.

Its just funny how they come out and say, when the xbox isnt being sold anymore im sure well outsell it.

Well erm, duhh!

Hope they didnt spend too much of their R&D budget to figure that out.
Rev 3 GTS
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

SamUK wrote:Hope they didnt spend too much of their R&D budget to figure that out.

They're gonna start charging for PSN access to cover the costs of that monumental announcement :D
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

What makes a 360 fanboy keep posting negative stories about Sony where there is nothing negative going on? Do you physically go out looking for press releases and interviews just so you can dis them? That interview was very long and had some interesting answers about the future of the PS3 and Sony's achievments with the brand which are pretty undisputable. As for paying for PSN access, haven't MS been charging xbox owners since day one? How can anyone possibly knock sony for wanting to charge if they've been paying for xbox live? That makes no sense, it makes you look a bit simple and a little sad. I will be disappointed if they start charging, but when the biggest of the games consoles do it, it's kind of expected and if anyone's to blame for that, it's MS for setting the trend and simpletons for putting up with it. :lol:

It wasn't an announcement either btw, it was an answer to one of many questions in an interview. An answer which was quite a bit longer and a bit more descriptive than the link or the headine would suggest. It also seemed to be taken out of context a little and I suspect that if you could hear the interview instead of read it, the answer to that particular question would come accross quite differently.

Not that I care one way or another. I just find it tremendously funny that an xbox fanboy would post yet another Sony story as if trying to justify to himself that his xbox is and will remain the better of the two consoles. Would it not be better to just enjoy what you have rather than constantly berate a very popular alternative? :thumleft:
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

I choose a ps2 over the xbox, but then i choose the 360 over the ps3 so don`t really class myself as a fan boy because i`m fickle to what ever i fancy at the time (current consoles i own are wii, 360, ds, and psp)

BUT>>>>>>
My problem with the current Sony console is that they have made it so complicated for games developers to make games for the ps3 due to the hardware this system uses that they have failed with this current incarnation of their consoles. Time to stop with all this media slanging match and start to look the future :thumleft:
JayUK91

Post by JayUK91 »

platmatt8 wrote:
My problem with the current Sony console is that they have made it so complicated for games developers to make games for the ps3 due to the hardware this system uses

I like to think of it as a filter...keeping the $h!t away, and letting the good games in! :D

Just look at games such as Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and MGS4 to name a few. Simply stunning looking games that prove what can be accomplished when committed and truly talented developers are enrolled! :thumleft:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

mr2daz wrote:What makes a 360 fanboy keep posting negative stories about Sony where there is nothing negative going on? Do you physically go out looking for press releases and interviews just so you can dis them? That interview was very long and had some interesting answers about the future of the PS3 and Sony's achievments with the brand which are pretty undisputable. As for paying for PSN access, haven't MS been charging xbox owners since day one? How can anyone possibly knock sony for wanting to charge if they've been paying for xbox live? That makes no sense, it makes you look a bit simple and a little sad. I will be disappointed if they start charging, but when the biggest of the games consoles do it, it's kind of expected and if anyone's to blame for that, it's MS for setting the trend and simpletons for putting up with it. :lol:

It wasn't an announcement either btw, it was an answer to one of many questions in an interview. An answer which was quite a bit longer and a bit more descriptive than the link or the headine would suggest. It also seemed to be taken out of context a little and I suspect that if you could hear the interview instead of read it, the answer to that particular question would come accross quite differently.

Not that I care one way or another. I just find it tremendously funny that an xbox fanboy would post yet another Sony story as if trying to justify to himself that his xbox is and will remain the better of the two consoles. Would it not be better to just enjoy what you have rather than constantly berate a very popular alternative? :thumleft:

I only actually really post it when theres storys that make the people @ sony look stupid.

And i dont have to go out looking for them but thanks for the thoughts. :D
Rev 3 GTS
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

That's ok, but don't you think it's a little pathetic? I guess not or you wouldn't bother doing it. #-o

Personally I would prefer to say something stupid than pathetic though I guess we are all guilty of both occasionally. :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

So it's ok for all the PS fanboi's to consistently knock the 360 on here, but when some one has a dig back at the PS, it's not ok?
:-k
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

matt_mr2t wrote:So it's ok for all the PS fanboi's to consistently knock the 360 on here, but when some one has a dig back at the PS, it's not ok?

To be fair matt i don't think anyone really does, Maybe the occasional rrod joke but nothing else really.

Btw i am still quite enjoying the 360 but i still play the ps3 a lot more but i have ordered bioshock 2 on xbox so that might change
Last edited by mikee66 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

matt_mr2t wrote:So it's ok for all the PS fanboi's to consistently knock the 360 on here, but when some one has a dig back at the PS, it's not ok?

I am guilty of it myself, but have only ever done it as a bit of a joke in response to someone else. The difference is people starting threads which are both pointless and insignificant and do nothing for the community. Fair enough if someone is having a joke but I think some people are taking it all far too seriously. Don't get me wrong, I don't care, honestly I don't but catch me in the right mood and I will respond because I find it so ridiculous. I mean sales figures predictions?? C'mon! lol

I just don't get the whole debate really, I love :lover: my PS3 because what it does is good for me, the 360 doesn't do the same so in my mind there's no contest and I've no need for one and no desire for one just to play a few exclusive games. TBH I would be tempted to get a 360 if I wanted a second console for another room but only if the online service was free. There's no way I'm paying for it though as will be the case if Sony introduce a payment system. I think it's a rip off and if everyone stopped paying for a few months both MS and Sony would soon see the light and make it free. They would have no choice but silly as we are as humans, we just stump up the cash. Anyhoo, that's another debate, I'll save that rant for when Sony make a decision about the PSN... for now, lets all just hug eachother, a big old group hug.. come on, I know you want to...

:hug:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

JayUK91 wrote:I like to think of it as a filter...keeping the $h!t away, and letting the good games in! :D

Just look at games such as Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and MGS4 to name a few. Simply stunning looking games that prove what can be accomplished when committed and truly talented developers are enrolled! :thumleft:

Well said :thumleft:

After Uncharted 2 was released Insomniac said it looked amazing but doubted the claims it was pushing the system, Claiming their Resistance 3 won't be either as they're "still" learning.

Heavy Rain is the next one to keep an eye on.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Andy Jones wrote:
JayUK91 wrote:I like to think of it as a filter...keeping the $h!t away, and letting the good games in! :D

Well said :thumleft:

After Uncharted 2 was released Insomniac said it looked amazing but doubted the claims it was pushing the system, Claiming their Resistance 3 won't be either as they're "still" learning.

Heavy Rain is the next one to keep an eye on.

there is a heavy rain demo if you know where to look, ive not tried it yet but it does look damn impressive
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

H3RB wrote:there is a heavy rain demo if you know where to look, ive not tried it yet but it does look damn impressive

I don't know where to look ..... ?

One's been announced
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

:thumleft:

Downloading.

I did wonder what the participants of the four day challenge would get but couldn't be bothered going through it.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Spotted this on that site

Clicky
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

DannyN wrote:Spotted this on that site

Clicky

yeah saw that the other day, pretty cool lol and pretty different from most mods
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

H3RB wrote:http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Online/heavy ... ion-store/

follow the stuff in that link :thumleft:

I dont understand what the link is telling :oops:

Return to “Games Consoles”