[Mk2] [NA] Snow = bump

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

willmr285

[Mk2] [NA] Snow = bump

Post by willmr285 »

Hi all, Driving to work yesterday in our lovely weather conditions, going about 10 mph around a corner, rear end slides and hits a curb, the wheel now looks like it is on a slant and anything over 25mph makes the whole car shake.

Would it be the rear axle? or wishbones i do not know much about cars from a mechinacal side. urgent help needed

Thanks
Steve-O 2007

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Snow = bump

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

could be your wheel. Take your wheel off and ask at a garage / tyre garage if they could put it on the balancing machine to check
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Check the wheel is still held on properly by all studs securely.... it could just be loose with some nuts pulled over the threads. Next I'd suspect something like one of the suspension arms (perhaps it's been bent) and this is more likely so get it to a good garage for a look over.

R
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

or take some picture of the rear wheel
Raf

Post by Raf »

best take a pic of underneath if you can so we can see suspension components.... i doubt the wheel is that bent to give that +camber effect?

can adjust crash bolts but best checking no suspension comps are bent (track rods, wishbone, droplinks etc)....
C50

Post by C50 »

wheel must be unbalanced to make the car shake, try jacking the rear up and spinning the wheels to see if it's buckled.

must have deffo bent suspension for the camber

Return to “Mechanical”