has anyone used the ko racing turbo kits before?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GTS GAV

has anyone used the ko racing turbo kits before?

Post by GTS GAV »

as the title surgests rearly has anyone used the street brawler or any of the other turbo kits from ko racing as im thinking of buying one next year

also im goin to need a mannifold aswell as im not keen on using the stock, can anyone help me with a company that sapplys any that arnt stainless as im also not keen on them as they tend to crack under high boost,im eitha looking for cast,mild steel...

i dont no weather ceramic coating a stainless mannifold is goin help with reducing cracking,has anyone tried this method before

i hav been queted 1800 plus vat for a custom cast mannifold wich i cant justify cossidering the turbo is only 1000brand new

thanks gav
Quigonjay

Re: has anyone used the ko racing turbo kits before?

Post by Quigonjay »

the ko kits have a good reputation
quite a few members running them on here
what is wrong with the standard exhaist manifold? you would be crazy spending that amount of money on a custom one when the standard one is not a restriction
nikaiyo

Re: has anyone used the ko racing turbo kits before?

Post by nikaiyo »

Full Race have a good rep http://www.full-race.com/

As Jay said stock is a really good design, IIRC its good to 500BHP ish... and it wont crack :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”