My tubby has TRC can i just take it off?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SamBurton

My tubby has TRC can i just take it off?

Post by SamBurton »

My re2 2 tubby had traction control. can i just take the extra throttle body off?
i am after fitting my gt4 charge cooler soon and i think it will get in the way.
MR2_RICH

Re: My tubby has TRC can i just take it off?

Post by MR2_RICH »

I would imagine if you removed the throttle body part, the ecu which sits on the rear fire wall and the relays etc in the frunk then all would be ok.

It's a stand alone system that uses the speed sensors for the abs on the rear wheels and therefore by isolating/removing the TRC system then you should run fine.

Let me know if you do remove the system as mine has packed up and I'm looking for a few parts to trouble shoot.

Cheers
SamBurton

Post by SamBurton »

lol thanks will do,
y dont you just take it off?
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Yes you can take it off, if you unplug the TRC ECU and the TB the car will run as normal. All you then need is the adaptor to replace the TRC TB.

You wont be able to separate the loom tho, I looked into this and found it would be a mare.
SamBurton

Post by SamBurton »

hey thanks :D , thats fine i have another engine so i will have a normal tb kicking about
MR2_RICH

Post by MR2_RICH »

SamBurton wrote:lol thanks will do,
y dont you just take it off?

I like to have everything working on my car and the trc does help sometimes even though its a little slow. Let me know if your selling any of the parts.

Thanks

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”