need for speed shift

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tarmac terrorist

need for speed shift

Post by tarmac terrorist »

just got it & am thinking its a lot better than grid who else has got it & what do you think ??
mr2daz

Re: need for speed shift

Post by mr2daz »

Been talking about this in another thread, it's great with the G25 wheel, using the clutch. You using a wheel or the gamepad? Everyone I've spoken to that uses a gamepad with it says it's junk but I think it's awesome with the wheel. Defo enjoying it more than Grid, mostly because of the clutch. Even my gf enjoyed having a go on it and that's saying something, she doesn't like games at all really.
tarmac terrorist

still waiting for gran turismo wont be till next year now :(
have you got need for speed on playstation ??
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Anyone recommend a decent wheel.

G25 looks superb but is a bit too costly for me, and I can't imagine using a clutch & stick shift in a racing game (perhaps if someone comes out with a road simulator or something 8) ).
Would like flappy paddle gears :D

Have just bought Need for Speed Shift, not played it yet...
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

I have given up waiting for it, ignoring all release dates and will just get it when it comes out; assuming it ever does!
I have got shift on ps3. :thumleft:
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

I've always found the lack of a clutch to be a bit of a turn off, and the option of having the gears on the left is a plus too. The G25 is well worth the money imo provided you have the cash to spare, if not it's worth saving up for. It's pretty solid as wheels go, same for the pedals, the gear stick not as solid but seems to take abuse rather welll. It has a slightly bigger wheel and 900 degree rotation too though I admit I don't use the 900 degree setting as it's a nightmare going from one game that uses it and one that doesn't.
I've only tried one other wheel (on my pc) but I can't remember what it was now.

It has paddles too btw, I don't get on with them at all, especially when I spin off or crash and have to go from 6th back to first. Most annoying.
tarmac terrorist

mr2daz wrote:I have given up waiting for it, ignoring all release dates and will just get it when it comes out; assuming it ever does!
I have got shift on ps3. :thumleft:

may have to hook up for a race online :thumleft:
mr2daz

Post by mr2daz »

Sounds like a plan, I'll look forward to that and hopefully I'll have some more time now as I'm just about settling in to my new home, things have been a bit hectic with my two cats and I had to buy everything as I had absolutely nothing, I'm still sleeping on the floor! I've just let the cats out this weekend too after three weeks of locking them indoors. Funny how they were desperate to get outside but are now too scared to stay out for more than a few minutes. lol
PS3 user name is headworm so feel free to add me for a future thrashing. lol :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”