Need some advice concerning the PS3

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

Re: Need some advice concerning the PS3

Post by H3RB »

game saves are tiny and you could fit all of your saves on a 1gig usb drive. some saves your un able to copy tho because of protection but alot arent protected
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:game saves are tiny and you could fit all of your saves on a 1gig usb drive. some saves your un able to copy tho because of protection but alot arent protected

So what do I stand to lose?

I fancy bumping my 40gb up a bit but not going to do it unless I can have everything I cant replace moved without fart arsing around.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

well any USB external hard drive just plug in select the back up option from the menu.

simple as that take out your old hard drive put in the new hard drive it self formats when you put in the new hard drive then select restore from backup.

really easy :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Tiny wrote:well any USB external hard drive just plug in select the back up option from the menu.

simple as that take out your old hard drive put in the new hard drive it self formats when you put in the new hard drive then select restore from backup.

The external drive must be formatted FAT32 too.

It's a little more complicated to swap drives for the PS3 slim, as the firmware is stored on the drive itself, so you need to have it downloaded onto as usb drive.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Tiny wrote:well any USB external hard drive just plug in select the back up option from the menu.

really easy :thumleft:

This of course assuming you have things such as another hard drive to copy the stuff too.

All I have is an 8gb mini SD card with USB adapter.

Return to “Games Consoles”