[Mk2] [Turbo] are braided brake lines needed for my project?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chrisf

[Mk2] [Turbo] are braided brake lines needed for my project?

Post by chrisf »

hi all,
just ordered some drilled/grooved discs with pads...will hopefully bleed brakes also, was wondering if its worth my time getting braided goodyear etc brake lines?

will only be using the car for road use really,and will the braided lines improve anything other than limiting rubber brake lines expansion under hot use (ie track use/which i not be doing)
chris
Clearsky

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] are braided brake lines needed for my project?

Post by Clearsky »

Definitely worth getting, I fitted them to my car and the brake feel is mucher more positive, they have lost that sponginess. The original rubber lines will be well past their best by now.
Ian Geary

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] are braided brake lines needed for my project?

Post by Ian Geary »

Hi there

if the struts or callipers are coming off, and you've got an excuse to change them, then I'd say do it.

The goodridge hoses really sharpened up my brakes (along with the new fluid)

However, a few years on they got quite spongey again: solution was new fluid and a good bleed.

So conclusion: new fluid was probably the main cause of sharpening my brakes up rather than the braided hoses.

I don't track the car, so can't say I've ever got the brakes working hard enough to expand the oe rubber pipes.

hth

Ian
chrisf

hi

Post by chrisf »

hi ,thanks guys..
do the bleed nipples often snap off the mr2 etc or other issues?

Return to “Modifications”