Battlefield 1943 …

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bender Unit

Battlefield 1943 …

Post by Bender Unit »

Downloaded this the other day an had a play and … I like it. Basically just Battlefield bad company but set in WW2. I was racking up the kills with my awesome sniper skillzorz.

Actually considering getting it, but wanted to know what others options were on it? I used to like Battlefield BC until it turned into an unplayable lag fest (is it still like that?), now the game played fine for the first 30mins and all was good but worried it will go the same way?

Cheers

James
JohnnyC

Re: Battlefield 1943 …

Post by JohnnyC »

I like it a lot.
In fact I play it a LOT more than COD4 now :)

It's nowhere near as slick as COD4, and doesn't excel in any particular area, but it just seems to work really well, I guess the variety helps (flying, driving, shooting etc).

Never had any major or frequent lag problems with it, just on the odd occasion.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=120864

:thumleft:
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

Get it, it's quality :D
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Do you have the full version Dave?
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

yup
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

JohnnyC wrote:I like it a lot.

:lol: I noticed that the other night when i noticed your score :clap: Good going.

As already said there isn't a lot too it but it just damn good fun and for £10 it's a bargain i think (hope they introduce some new maps soon as there seems to be a huge community behind it)

PS3 version has a few slight graphics issues on rare occasions but i've never experienced any lag.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Andy Jones wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:I like it a lot.

:lol: I noticed that the other night when i noticed your score :clap: Good going.

I find it a bit hit & miss to play (always fun though), sometimes I do very well, others (mostly) I do shockingly bad #-o
TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

got it, love it. best £10 spent this month.

Its filling the gap between Cod4 and MW2 :thumleft:

planes are great fun, screaming suicide dive bomb for the win \:D/
2003 Leon Cupra R, stage 2 Jabbasport remap to 280bhp

MR2 now sold :(
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Yesterday I was playing alongside Andy McNab and Michael J Fox :mrgreen:

Honest.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Its a really good addictive game mate, you should get it if you haven't already! :thumleft:

Just a shame it isnt cross platform otherwise the ps3 fan boys would be in serious trouble :D
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Going to have to add a few of you guys to my friends list and jump into your games.

I downloaded it the other night and had a quick blast, got raped repeatedly - but then found my grove and got 8 kills in a row. Rifleman is the best class, powerful weapon with good range too. The grenade launcher is always good for clearing a bunker too.

The sniper class is quite lame, limited power and any shots at a distance are difficult and if you get into close combat your in real trouble.

Need some more practice at the planes, only flown 1 and crashed into another plane - tried to get into another and some loose on my team blew it up, then when it respawned he took it!

Most notable moment was capturing a flag. I charged a camp in a jeep, got airborne off a crater, flew through the air and pinned some enemy guys face between the jeeps grill and the wall of a hut. Comedy! :mrgreen:
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

Bender Unit wrote:Going to have to add a few of you guys to my friends list and jump into your games.

I downloaded it the other night and had a quick blast, got raped repeatedly - but then found my grove and got 8 kills in a row. Rifleman is the best class, powerful weapon with good range too. The grenade launcher is always good for clearing a bunker too.

The sniper class is quite lame, limited power and any shots at a distance are difficult and if you get into close combat your in real trouble.

Need some more practice at the planes, only flown 1 and crashed into another plane - tried to get into another and some loose on my team blew it up, then when it respawned he took it!

Most notable moment was capturing a flag. I charged a camp in a jeep, got airborne off a crater, flew through the air and pinned some enemy guys face between the jeeps grill and the wall of a hut. Comedy! :mrgreen:

Sniping = winning

Get in a bush, get accurate, get winning.

Love it. Went 17-1 on it as my best sniper score so far.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

Dave is on the money

I usually always play sniper, it takes a bit of practice but once you get into the hang of it you just sit in a bush somewhere and pop pop pop, you can get loads of kills before (usually) you get bombed from the air!

Another good one is sitting in flames/fire/dark spots in houses that have been bombed, people cant see you.

:lol: @ getting that guy stuck on the front of your jeep

Return to “Games Consoles”