Le Mans 2010

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lemon Secretary

Re: Le Mans 2010

Post by Lemon Secretary »

Lemon Secretary wrote:
now, regarding actually organising the party, unfortunately i'm not in a position to be able to commit the time required i'm afraid, so i'm looking for someone to volunteer and provide me with their email address so i can forward the information i've been sent.

ouch, ouch, my ears!! don't all shout at once!! c'mon guys, i'm deadly serious. i just don't have the time to commit to this, this year. i have organised it before and it was fairly time consuming at points and so i think it would be irresponsible of me to commit and then not be able to honour it.
Last edited by Lemon Secretary on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Anyone have the time to take up the challenge, will give this say a month for someone to come forward.
MR2 World Community www.michael-sheavills.co.uk
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Chris aka roadster boy,

Send me your email address as I am organising a nurburgring trip next year... i'll add you to the mail shot.

Pete :thumleft:
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

t-bar89 wrote:Chris aka roadster boy,

Send me your email address as I am organising a nurburgring trip next year... i'll add you to the mail shot.

Pete :thumleft:

Pete,

You've got PM :thumleft:
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

How close is this to the Le Mans Classic?

I am off to the Classic Next year and was wondering about staying / exploring France etc.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Le Man classic 9-11th july 2010?

if thats the case youd have to spend almost a month in france before the classic can think of worse things to do for a month though :P
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

I think AW11 Forever has roped me in for organising the Christmas party after volunteering to organise the Mk1 club Christmas party which if no one has any complaints about wed like to hold them inconjuntion with each other.

Reema do you want to send me over all the info you have email [email protected] or PM me.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Nice one Ben :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Lemon Secretary

hoorah for tiny, good volunteering skills!! or should i say, good being volunteered skills?! :wink: tee hee. anyhow, i've emailed you all this info from the four hotels/venues i'd contacted. obviously we don't have to choose any of them, we could go with another venue, that was just a start. i'm happy to go wherever and will leave it in your capable hands :D
Kieran Williams

Post by Kieran Williams »

Thought i best add our names to the list :thumleft:

1 Michael & Joanne
2 Jinxy & Deb
3 Pete & Amanda
4 Shane & Susan
5 Wayne & Guest
6 Stuart & Guest
7 Gordon & Alison
8 Chris & Reema
9 John & Guest < -- To drive him home when he gets banned from driving in france again
10 Dan & Guest
11 Jason & Cheryl
12 Saj & Gemma
13 Tiny (BEN) & Guest (Wife can be in labour and im still going next year after missing it this year!)
14 Pete and Alex
15 Ki and Lynn (wont be in an MR2 this time though!)
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Thanks guys im going to open a new thread in events discussion about the Party and one on the Mk1 club ill try to keep everything updated and coherent but if i start to fail just slap me :thumleft:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

right

thread started though mickleover court appears to be £70 a night + £40 each for the party

from speaking to Mickleover court and with a fair old amount of pushing

The accommodation prices you paid last year were £88B&B double occupancy and £64B&B single occupancy and this year we can offer £70B&B double and £60B&B single and we currently have x20 bedrooms available on Saturday 5th December

Thats £35 a head based on 2 sharing inc breakfast plus another £40 a head for the party

so for a couple its £220 for the weekend before drinks and other meals...... what do people think
Lemon Secretary

see: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121035 for le mans/mk1 christmas party thread. cheers tiny :thumleft:
Lemon Secretary

does this mean the dates for le mans 2010 are confirmed?? http://www.lemansrace.com/department.ht ... 24%20Hours
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I wouldn't say so until it's on the official website - that one is run by a tour operator.

However while hunting around just now I did find a news article saying that Toyota are returning to Le Sarthe for 2010!

Nice shiny new avatar btw :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Lemon Secretary

oh well, i'm just trying to get in there early and block the time out at work before i get told i can't have it because of some stupid sales meeting or other such rubbish!! i'll book it tentatively for now.

well, you know, i don't own a lovely, shiny mr2 so i will have to make do with disco dancing; i don't suppose anyone is the slightest bit interested in a photo of my lupo!! :wink:
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

TOYOTA @ Le Mans next year OMG very interesting....

This is going to be amazing and our 10th year celebration
MR2 World Community www.michael-sheavills.co.uk
Lemon Secretary

I know it's like sooooooooooooo totally ages away but I am also quite excited already Michael!! After watching most of LM09 on Eurosport with Chris, I now have a much improved understanding of what the hell is going on with the race now too :wink: I might, notice the word might try and do a whole 24 hour stint and watch the entire thing for LM10... not sure how Chris will feel about that?! :shock: tee hee

Hey, how comes yours and Joanne's names aren't down on the Christmas party list?? Or, have you done it on the MK1 forum??
blue2

Post by blue2 »

The Lemans 2009 dvd is out now. Apparently the commentary is crap but worth a look.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Hi All

Well, the dates for next year's 24 hour race at Le Mans have been published, so we have started planning our trip.

For the last 3 years we have travelled via Spain: 100s miles of good, speed camera free European roads, 4 major climbs in the Pyrenees:
Col Du Portulet - 1794m
Col D'Aubisque - 1709m
Col Du Soulor - 1474m
Col Du Toumelet - 2115m

In each of our previous trips we have managed to fit in 6 or 7 mountain passes - fantastic! Arriving at Le Mans in good time for 1st practice/qualifying session.

I'll be drivingl be my 500+ BHP Noble. Previous companion cars have included a Porsche Carerra, a Honda S2000, a 400BHP MR2.... Who knows who will be with us next year :-)

To keep administration to a minimum, I a limiting the number of guest vehicles to around 4 or 5. Reservations will be on a first come - first serve basis.

The basic structure of the journey will include:

Thursday 3rd June - 21:15 - Depart Portsmouth to Bilbao
Saturday 5th June - 08:00 - Arrive Bilbao
Saturday 5th June - Drive to Pyrenees for some fun.... 18:00 - Arrive Hotel Le Picors - http://www.hotel-picors.com/val_azun.html
Sunday 6th June - 18:00 - Accommodation in Pyrenees or Bordeaux region (see below - TBA)
Tuesday 8th June - 18:00 - Accommodation in Bordeaux region
Wednesday June 9th - 10-00 to 15:00 - travel to Le Mans in good time for 1st Qualifying Session
Sunday 13th / Monday 14th June - Return to UK via Le Havre. (To be discussed/arranged)

One of the evenings in Bordeaux will include a family barbecue with my (English) mother and extended family. Copious amounts of meat, wine, coffee.. Great fun. And no problems with language barriers - everyone makes it work :-)

On Sunday 6th / Monday 7th June, there is some flexibility in terms of either extended mountain climbs in The Pyrenees or a day relaxing in the Bordeaux region of France. This might include a trip to St Emilion, or maybe a drive to Arcachon on the south west coast.

Since the trip will be a major event in all participants' calendars, I feel the decision should a majority one from those attending. Once we have a list of attendees, details of the options will distributed for further discussion.

Expected cost of both ferry crossings for a car and two passengers is currently £450, 3 nights accommodation approx. £50 per night.

To be included please PM me with an email address confirming your interest.

In any case, we will book the accommodation, as discounts sometimes apply for group bookings.

Peter

Return to “Past Events”