The most unlikely teacher owns a mk1

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ioa1980

The most unlikely teacher owns a mk1

Post by ioa1980 »

Remember when you were at school.

There was always 'that' teacher.

The one who wore cardigans and flowery skirts and wore canvas sandals.

The one who you used to hate being taught by.

..well that teacher still works in the school I do. She's actually a nice person, with a wicked sense of humour. Something that you only see if you become a teacher too.

Got into work this morning. A Bright red mk1, 'C' reg, I hear (from another teacher who spotted it)...and the rumours go, that it belongs to this teacher.

I now have a mission...find out the owner and shake their hand.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mr2mk1chick

Re: The most unlikely teacher owns a mk1

Post by mr2mk1chick »

cool :thumleft:

a better car than the citroen 2CV's they all used to drive at my school
ioa1980

Post by ioa1980 »

After many months of ownership she as now selling the mk1...and she's given me first refusal!! :clap:

Just ben taxed, just been throuh an MOT and passed.

No problems with sills/arches. VERY minor rust on underside of rear bumper. Engine is spot on, no gearbox pop-outs, all electrics working.

Brilliant!...its mine!

....but then, while on a set of ramps me and my mate noticedthat the part of the chassis where the steering and suspension is mounted has had a repair (welded plate - a decent job) on the drivers side. We went over to the other side and inspected the same area. The inspection hammer went right through the area, leaving a hole that could easily get 2 fingers through. There was a lot of corrosion ! ](*,)

Sooooooooo.....I took it back to the owner and explained this (now remember that only last month it 'flew' through the MOT!!) and she was furious!

To cut a long story short....she went to the MOT garage and played bl00dy hell. VOSA were called, inspected the car and they then went to the MOT station and issued points on the MOT'ers that 'passed' the car.
The owner of the garage was very apologetic and claimed to fix the problem, no expense spared.

I'm now waiting to see what happens on this. If its re-welded again (I now it wont be perfectly rigid as before) will it still be worth buying. Apart from that, my mate (a mechanic) and the VOSA officr commented on its great condition - body-wise and the engine.

Hmmmm....what to do... :-k
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

If they are going to fix it no exspense spared i would give VOSA a shout after its been done and get them to inspect it after.

other than that have it
:thumleft:

Return to “Spotted”