Prototype?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bender Unit

Prototype?

Post by Bender Unit »

Saw a trailer for this and got quite excited - looked a bit like Dead Rising combined with Crackdown?

Anyone played it, is it any good? Its recieved mixed reviews so was unsure if it would be a bit of a dissapointment?

Cheers

James
matt_mr2t

Re: Prototype?

Post by matt_mr2t »

Got 5/5 in the Sun today. Said it's just like inFamous but with gore.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

those reviews are crap :thumleft: played it the other day its just like The Hulk ultimate destruction run around smashing people up the only resemblance to infamous is the free roaming and the ability to climb
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:those reviews are crap :thumleft: played it the other day its just like The Hulk ultimate destruction run around smashing people up the only resemblance to infamous is the free roaming and the ability to climb

You have an odd dislike for almost everything that every one else does like though lol :thumleft:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:
H3RB wrote:those reviews are crap :thumleft: played it the other day its just like The Hulk ultimate destruction run around smashing people up the only resemblance to infamous is the free roaming and the ability to climb

You have an odd dislike for almost everything that every one else does like though lol :thumleft:

well if u love aimless running about smashing stuff up then this is for you. i LOVE dead rising one of my all time fave games but this is nothing like it at all.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

well if u love aimless running about smashing stuff up then this is for you. i LOVE dead rising one of my all time fave games but this is nothing like it at all.

Lol, isnt dead rising a game that a lot of others didnt like?

Everyones entitled to their choice of course. One mans crap is another mans gold.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

can see why anyone would hate dead rising, its so much funvery rare for me to play a game more then once but i must of finished it 12 times
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

yea the experienced reviewers talk crap. listen to herb!

:clown:

i think the game looks class. need to ge paid again before i can pick it up though.

and im looking forward to aimlessly running around destroying half a city population with my crazy devil arms and tanks. :twisted:
Rev 3 GTS
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

oh well think what you like :thumleft:
hicks

Post by hicks »

most of the reviews ive seen havent been that great. very average game by the looks of it with lots of bugs and glitches, problems with the aiming system and poor draw distance....
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

hicks wrote:most of the reviews ive seen havent been that great. very average game by the looks of it with lots of bugs and glitches, problems with the aiming system and poor draw distance....

Are the glitches on both formats?

There's so many games I want but cant afford any at the moment ](*,)
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Well GT are normally pretty damn accurate with their reviewing so here it is:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... type/51502

Looks good! I'm gona get it! 8) :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Bought it today for £17! 8) \:D/ Had a GAME voucher and points on my card...thank you very much! :thumleft:

Playing through it now......pretty good so far. :thumleft:

Graphics arn't anything amazing but they do look good and have a good feel to them. Just started the game so early days yet.....seems pretty cool though.
Nails

Post by Nails »

I got it too, think its quite good, does a lot of loading all the time for the video clips, and I think its very quiet, end up having the tv turned right up to hear it, even with the 5.1 on its still hard to hear the talking.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Nails wrote:I got it too, think its quite good, does a lot of loading all the time for the video clips, and I think its very quiet, end up having the tv turned right up to hear it, even with the 5.1 on its still hard to hear the talking.

Really mate? :-k Doesn't seem particually quiet to me....but yeah the voice over's could definately be louder.

I love this game now! 8) :twisted: Best way to describe it is it's Crackdown on speed, with lots more voilence and gore!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :thumleft:

Great game. :thumleft:
Nails

Post by Nails »

I've had to put the subtitles on so I can read the speech as I can't make it out, although it may because Ive got it left turned up so the rest of the game is deafening me?

My lass is in a bad mood because Ive sat on this this for hours on end since getting it lol, but she bought me it coz she was sick of fallout and farcry as they were boring to watch she said, it'll be better when I get the house finished and I can have a seperate games room instead of me switching off corra or some other crap then getting the silent treatment :lol:

Just killed greene and now got to save the city, havent done many side missions but going to do a few or else I think Im going to complete it too quickly.

Havent tried it online yet either.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Nails wrote:I've had to put the subtitles on so I can read the speech as I can't make it out, although it may because Ive got it left turned up so the rest of the game is deafening me?

My lass is in a bad mood because Ive sat on this this for hours on end since getting it lol, but she bought me it coz she was sick of fallout and farcry as they were boring to watch she said, it'll be better when I get the house finished and I can have a seperate games room instead of me switching off corra or some other crap then getting the silent treatment :lol:

Just killed greene and now got to save the city, havent done many side missions but going to do a few or else I think Im going to complete it too quickly.

Havent tried it online yet either.

I'm playing through it slowly mate, doing all the side missions as I go....power up a lot quicker that way! :twisted: Review said it'll last you about 15 hours which is pretty damn good. :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

This game is utterly fantastic. The graphics are average at best, the voice acting terrible, and the controls fiddly with an awkward camera, and yet I haven't had so much fun in ages.

If this is what happens when developers spend more time getting the gameplay right rather than making it look pretty, then I'm all for it. Absolutely stupid mindless fun.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

damn you all!

i just hope i get paid on Friday. Dont wanna wait till next week.
Rev 3 GTS
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

ekona wrote:This game is utterly fantastic. The graphics are average at best, the voice acting terrible, and the controls fiddly with an awkward camera, and yet I haven't had so much fun in ages.

If this is what happens when developers spend more time getting the gameplay right rather than making it look pretty, then I'm all for it. Absolutely stupid mindless fun.

Totally agree mate! 8) :thumleft:

Graphics are really nothing special but the frame rate is very good and there's NO slow down at all even when there's 1000000000000000 things going on onscreen! 8)

The controls definately need getting used to and the lock-on is crap but once you get used to it.......damn its good fun! :twisted:

Return to “Games Consoles”