Copper Rev5 Turbo ar WRC Sales Bradford, anyone seen it in person/can check it?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Copper Rev5 Turbo ar WRC Sales Bradford, anyone seen it in person/can check it?

Post by tonigmr2 »

GHOST wrote:
i2ssor wrote:Mica Orange is a rev5 colour so I doubt it's been resprayed.

Thats me educated then! :whistle:

LOL yes, that and a beige-y type gold and cosmos blue were rev5 only colours.

I keep looking at this Beams one for sale, as it's the only variant of MR2 I haven't had :) :

http://www.nvicars.co.uk/Stock/ORNAGE%2 ... 0F%20L.jpg
Harry

Re: Copper Rev5 Turbo ar WRC Sales Bradford, anyone seen it in person/can check it?

Post by Harry »

Had the Black top beams lovely engines rev well - S/C type feel. Very willing. Great to drive. Also had a 4 AGZE 1600. So something to compare off. But 165 hp v 205 hp. More torque actually a lot more torque off the Beams.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

tonigmr2 wrote:LOL yes, that and a beige-y type gold and cosmos blue were rev5 only colours.

I keep looking at this Beams one for sale, as it's the only variant of MR2 I haven't had :) :

That has caught my eye many a time :) However Tom's not updated his website in quite a while and currently isn't importing anything due to the exchange rate, so I've no idea if it's still there or not.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Nails

Post by Nails »

Dale_V wrote:
Bender Unit wrote:General rule of thumb - avoid any second hand car dealerships in Bradford. 99% of the time it will be a complete sh1tter.

WRC sales have a poor rep like pretty much every other Bradford based second hand car dealer!

I was thinking the same thing, just didnt want to write it though lol :lol:

I've been to LOADS of jap car garages in bradford and the surrounding areas, and they were all shifty and sly! One wouldnt let me test drive the Skyline until I bought it :? yeah im up for playing that game #-o

agreed, same happened to me when I went down there to look for a del sol for my lass a couple of years back, every car looked great in the photos, told me they were fine and in great coniditon on the phone (which all happen to have a dear old man with a fine educated english accent making you think hes beliable etc yet there is no sign of him when you get there), yet when I got there they were all sh1itters, with fist sized holes in them, ecu bulbs removed, badly abused track slags which had no use back on the road again, most of them all were related and swapped cars beween them too.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

toxo wrote:
tonigmr2 wrote:LOL yes, that and a beige-y type gold and cosmos blue were rev5 only colours.

That has caught my eye many a time :) However Tom's not updated his website in quite a while and currently isn't importing anything due to the exchange rate, so I've no idea if it's still there or not.

Think it is. :thumleft: It's also £1K cheaper than it was....
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Don't say things like that Toni, he's only minutes away from here, I'll be going to have a look at it next!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

toxo wrote:Don't say things like that Toni, he's only minutes away from here, I'll be going to have a look at it next!

I'm quite pleased he's an hour from me, LOL, else I would've by now...!
Turbo97

Post by Turbo97 »

I got my Rev4 Turbo from WRC in bradford! and to be fair to them, they were extremely honest!

I spoke with him for a good 30 mins on the phone getting him to go round the car with a fine toothed combe and infrom me of all or any of the little imperfections, cos being from aberdeen, it didnt warrent going to view the car to then go back home and organise bank details and insurance bladdy blah, and when i did eventually go to get the car, it was exactly as he had described!

top blokes and i would defo use again :D Some amazing cars there aswell :thumleft:
whitworthmike

Post by whitworthmike »

I went to have a look at the car last weekend and my opinion is as follows:
The paint code on the car is correct for the colour and the colour is throughout the car (as in it is in the frunk, boot floor etc etc),
Although the colour is genuine the car has seen paint, There is a big paint line on the front windscreen seal, a masking line on the roof on the n/s and a couple of blemishes and some slight bubbling in the paint that would make me think that these parts have been resprayed. There are also imperfections on the rear windscreen surround. Also in the top left corner of the windscreen it looks like there is some filler.
The engine bay is clean, and there is writing on the outer casing of the gearbox and instant gasket on sealing faces which would make me think that someone has been in the gearbox for some reason. Also there is a bolt missing from a stabiliser bar ontop of the box. The boot floor is straight and clean with no signs of cracking in the paint. The boot liner however does appear to have been in and out alot as it is a very loose fit. This could be as a result of the wire that has been run to the o/s reverse light which has been converted to act as a fog light. The interior is tidy enough, an HKS boost guage has been fitted into the stock boost guage position and in the place of what I call the "crotch vent" a cooling fan controller has been fitted which allows you to alter the temperature that the cooling fans on the radiator will kick in. A momo steering wheel has been fitted which means that the driver's airbag is no longer there. It also means that you have to really stretch your fingers to reach the indicator and wiper stalks. I also wonder whether or not this has diabled the passenger airbag. The stock tweeters have been replaced and there is what appears to be a crossover in each of the door cups which means that you have to find something else to pull the door shut with. Also the boot and fuel flap release are not attached to the floor and the panel behind the drivers seat (behind the seatbelt) is not attached either. On the O/s/f wing where it meets the bumper there is a rust hole right on the bend of the wing and on the nearside of the car there is a big panel mismatch/step where the bumper is a good half inch lower than the wing. The front and rear bumpers are a slightly different colour to the rest of the car and the side skirts are only held on with 1 screw at either end so would need to be bonded on. On the front bumper the front position lamps and indicators are the original units, minus the reflectors, inverted and for want of a better word......Stuffed in, They are loose, Rattle and vibrate. There are no front fog lamps although the switch still exists inside the car. There is a vibration/rattle coming from underneath the front of the car that I cannot put my finger on. Inside the frunk is clean and tidy, the brake fluid looks brand new but the spare tyre is cracked and there is no frunk plastic liner or tool kit. There is however a Genuine TRD strut brace fitted here and also in the engine bay. The car has been fitted with adjustable coilover suspension and cusco pillowball topmounts, The ride is very harsh and the suspension did not move at all with all of my seventeen stone bearing down upon it. also if you look under the wheel arches you can see that the wheel arch liners have rubbed away from the 17 inch wheels rubbing on them. The wheels themselves are in quite poor condition and the front wheels are missing the screw on centre caps. The front wheels are fitted with a matching pair of tyres which look like they have been stretched a little onto the rims and on the rear again, the 245 width tyres look to be a little stretched so god only knows how wide the rims are but the tyres on the rear are a mismatch, the sizes are the same but one is a dunlop and the other a Nankang. The rear wheels also appear to have spacers fitted. Behind the wheels are the brakes and to be honest the disks look to be in a fairly poor condition.

The drive was fine if a little harsh and the car definately turns heads. There were no signs of overheating and there appear to be no oil leaks from undrneath the car. The standard airbox has been removed and a homemade bix has been built around a conefilter of somesort. There is also an empty volvic bottle rattling around as somesort of makeshift oil catch can. I didn't get the opportunity to experience boost as the salesman took me litterally around the block. Less than a quarter of a mile. He was rude, pushy and really quite unhelpful.

As desperate as I am to get hold of an orange revision 5 turbo, This is most definately not the one for me....... The hunt continues.

This is only my opinion but at £7500 the car is overpriced and really quite tatty.

:-k
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

outstanding :clap: well done that man :wink:
Ruishy1

Post by Ruishy1 »

I can confirm what the man above says, as i drove from kilmarnock to there on saturday to pick up my uncles skyline, and i had a look at this, not as thourough as our friend.

Its overpriced and i found the salesman to be rather unhelpful aswell, my uncle drove all the way to see the car, and he wasnt even allowed to test drive it himself, despite having insured the car !

Nice car, but not worth the money, but i do love the kit thats on it :mrgreen:
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

@ Whitworthmike - WOW!

Great writeup (although disappointing in the sense of the condition of the car).

I keep seeing this car when I go on Piston Heads and like the other forum guys I kept wondering why it hasn't sold.

The write-up was super educational in what to look for. Too bad your not down in London - I'd pay some money to have that kind of knowledge looking over a potential MR2 purchase.

I guess the moral of the story is don't trust one picture. Although if I still stick to my guns and import then that's exactly what I will be doing! (although pretty much decided to go via Newera - they're never short of a pic or 40!)
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

thats one thing newera are good at, pics and description. But they ahve to be as the car is in Jap land I suppose.

I purchased my supra through Migel, nice guy. Not sure on the motormall people he uses though. If he still does it was 6 years ago.
whitworthmike

Post by whitworthmike »

Thank you. The thing is that £7500 is alot to spend on a 10 year old car so it's worth going over with a fine toothed comb. It's also worth letting everyone else know as some may travel a long way to come and see it and there's no point really. Fortunately I'm only around 45 mins away. I will find one though..... lol
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

whitworthmike wrote:Thank you. The thing is that £7500 is alot to spend on a 10 year old car so it's worth going over with a fine toothed comb. It's also worth letting everyone else know as some may travel a long way to come and see it and there's no point really. Fortunately I'm only around 45 mins away. I will find one though..... lol

I agree £7.5k is a lot of money for a car of that age. Which is what is holding me back from spending out on very good condition MR2s - I want excellent/perfect/pristine for that money!

Quite tricky sticky to your guns tho when all I want is to have an MR2 sitting in MY garage - now!

It seems to me the MR2s are increasing in price where as a lot of the other Japanese performance cars are falling.
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

afennell wrote:thats one thing newera are good at, pics and description. But they ahve to be as the car is in Jap land I suppose.

I purchased my supra through Migel, nice guy. Not sure on the motormall people he uses though. If he still does it was 6 years ago.

Cool. I just watched Skylines and Skyscrapers. Although that video is probably getting on for 6years old it's still helpful to see some of the auction scenes. One thing I always thought that the car would be shipped in its own container rather than a big car park style setup...

PS. dude - your avatar scares me!
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

Racer7 wrote:
afennell wrote:thats one thing newera are good at, pics and description. But they ahve to be as the car is in Jap land I suppose.

Cool. I just watched Skylines and Skyscrapers. Although that video is probably getting on for 6years old it's still helpful to see some of the auction scenes. One thing I always thought that the car would be shipped in its own container rather than a big car park style setup...

PS. dude - your avatar scares me!

I'm in the first skyline and skyscrapers for about a second!! I will have to fish it out and find what time in the vid it is. Migel Organised a small meet for Newera customers over in Northampton, that’s the part of the vid I’m in.

Zelda used to scare me as a kid, but I still had to watch every episode of the Terrahawks.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

Can't really see the justification for the £7k + prices of the rev5 turbo's
at the end of the day they still have all the same issues & problems as the earlier models, just a few cosmetic upgrades seperates them from rev3/4 cars. And thats nothing a few hundred notes wouldnt cost.

yeah low mileage / fresh suspension etc etc but you could buy a tidy rev3/4 uprate all the suspension with pro gear like Tien etc do a few body mods and prob source and fit a low mileage turbo engine and still have plenty of change from 7K :shock:
whitworthmike

Post by whitworthmike »

When buying a rev 5 you are buying the end of an era, you are buying something a little more rare than the rest. It's like my uncle, he owns a 1939 austin 10, he paid ALOT of money for it, as he did with his morgan 3 wheeler, why? Because they are something that not alot of people have, The same with a rare coloured rev 5 but the rev 5 will be cheaper.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Razor04 wrote:Can't really see the justification for the £7k + prices of the rev5 turbo's
at the end of the day they still have all the same issues & problems as the earlier models, just a few cosmetic upgrades seperates them from rev3/4 cars. And thats nothing a few hundred notes wouldnt cost.

yeah low mileage / fresh suspension etc etc but you could buy a tidy rev3/4 uprate all the suspension with pro gear like Tien etc do a few body mods and prob source and fit a low mileage turbo engine and still have plenty of change from 7K :shock:

Agree 100%. Could do a monster rev3 for that price and not to mention, the older the MR2 the better the styling anyway :wink:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”