MR2 WRA at the Jap Tuning Show. 31/5/2009. Silverstone. **Payment Required**

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SuperRedMR2

Re: MR2 WRA at the Jap Tuning Show. 31/5/2009. Silverstone. **Payment Required**

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

this is going to be xxxxxx awesome!
Howling_Mad

Re: MR2 WRA at the Jap Tuning Show. 31/5/2009. Silverstone. **Payment Required**

Post by Howling_Mad »

This puts us over 200 cars now paid :clap:

I know i've already stated it before, but please make sure everyone who is attending has read this thread as it's important:

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewto ... 18302.html

Well done people - see you all there :thumleft:

HM
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

Here is the link for everyone :thumleft:
Just copied and pasted :mrgreen:

WRA CHECKLIST

PLEASE CAN ALL ATTENDEES MAKE SURE YOU HAVE/COMPLETED THE FOLLOWING ON THE DAY

1) Drivers Licence.
New Style - bring your card (required) AND your paper section if you can find it.
Old Style - Paper section required (obviously)

2) Silverstone Tickets.
This consists of:
Green Wristband (sent out with the tickets)
Yellow Vehicle Pass (with registration no completed)
Activity Registration Form (completed)

3) Guinness World Record Participants form
(download and print off the attachment of this thread)
This needs to be completed and returned to one of the WRA organisers on the day. These will be submitted to Guiness for the final number of MR2's in the cavalcade so this bit is IMPORTANT!!!!

4) Circuit Manual.
Read the Silverstone Circuit Driving Manual carefully. Although we are not racing, we will still have to abide by these rules as part of their public liabilty insurance.

5) The cavalcade on the day.
This will be a rolling convoy around the track at NO MORE than 2 cars lengths between you and the person you are following. This will be undertaken at ~20mph. It is NOT a chance for you to put your foot down around Silverstone, it WILL be a little boring and uneventful as far as track driving is concerned, but we are here to break a record - not have tracktime.

YOU WILL JEOPARDISE THE WHOLE EVENT FOR EVERYONE IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE RULES & GUIDELINES.

This is the timetable for the day:

Arrival
You must arrive by 9:30am at silverstone with your yellow vehicle pass displayed or you will not be allowed entry. I suggest you aim to get to the circuit between 8 & 9 am. You will then be directed to the MR2 holding area.

Sign On
Sign on will be at 10:30, so please be by all your cars at 10:15 in the MR2 holding area.

Briefing
Briefing will be at 11:30, so again, make sure you are by your cars at 11:15. We will all have to be briefed about the cavalcade and the route that the cars have to take, so make sure you are by your cars still at this time.

Entrance to the track
We will be moved to the track at 12:15 in preparation for the cavalcade - if you aren't with us by this point - get a seat in the stands!

World Record Attempt Cavalcade
This will start at 13:20. Get your friends ready to video this at this time. 20mph limit must be adhered to and stay within 2 car lengths of the person in front of you.

If we've done all of the above by this point, we can all park up and have a chat about being in the book of Guiness World Records

COMMUNICATION

One thing that was lacking last time was communication!!. This year, we have several volunteers that will have copy forms for you to fill in (if you forgot to fill them in - and you will be shamed if you do!) and will be wearing hi-viz vests at the MR2 holding area before the briefing. Please approach us if you have any questions or need help.

For those of you with walkie talkies, we will all be on channel 2

If anyone is unsure what they have to do on the day - please come and find one of the MR2 WRA organisers wearing a high-viz vest (not any old silverstone staff) or ask someone to point you in the direction of us.

So - to summarise,

Make sure you bring:

1) Driving License
2) Green Wristband
3) Yellow Vehicle Pass
4) Silverstone activity registration form
5) GWR participants form (HANDED IN TO A WRA ORGANISER!!)

Remember those 5 things and we're on to a winner

Hope to see you all there

HM & The WRA Team
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

3) Guinness World Record Participants form
This needs to be completed and returned to one of the WRA organisers on the day. These will be submitted to Guiness for the final number of MR2's in the cavalcade so this bit is IMPORTANT!!!!

er ! what :-k where ! does this apply ???
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

where is the form to print off?
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

marc GT Turbo wrote:3) Guinness World Record Participants form

er ! what :-k where ! does this apply ???

Right at the bottom

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/download/id=10332.html
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

Sorry but you are not authorized to view or download this Attachment

:-k
Howling_Mad

Post by Howling_Mad »

marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

link works thanx :thumleft:
Howling_Mad

Post by Howling_Mad »

marc GT Turbo wrote:link works thanx :thumleft:

Thank god that worked!!

We will be bringing forms on the day for those that have not completed them in advance, but the more that can just hand them to us on the day the better.

HM
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

weather forecast looks good 8)
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

marc GT Turbo wrote:weather forecast looks good 8)

8)
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

We were in the process of getting some new stickers done for MR2 Only Mag and thought it would be good to have some of them printed as a commemorative sticker for the day, so please come and find us either before or after the cavalcade, to pick up your FREE sticker, you can't miss us, there will be two silver Roadsters and a black Mk2, all with MR2 Only logos on the bonnet!

Come on folks get yourself along on Sunday :thumleft:

Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Mick, I've just read the circuit manual they provided with the tickets and it mentions noise limits... presumably we won't have to pass them?
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

toxo wrote:Mick, I've just read the circuit manual they provided with the tickets and it mentions noise limits... presumably we won't have to pass them?

The person at JTS is unsure but i doubt we will need to pass this as we will be only doing 20mph.The Ferrari club held there attempt there and i bet there exhausts are a lot louder than ours.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

OK, that's cool. Just a bit wary as my exhaust is currently completely unsilenced :whistle:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

toxo wrote:OK, that's cool. Just a bit wary as my exhaust is currently completely unsilenced :whistle:

you weait till you hear my Japspeed lol pack your ear defenders :mrgreen:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

lol, the exhaust i have at the moment has damaged my hearing...
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

yeah word of warning, toxos exhaust is ansanely loud, and i only heard it on tickover, dread to think how she is on full boost :shock: :thumleft:
Howling_Mad

Post by Howling_Mad »

Munnsy wrote:yeah word of warning, toxos exhaust is ansanely loud, and i only heard it on tickover, dread to think how she is on full boost :shock: :thumleft:

Wonderful - so all the organisers have ear splitting exhausts :thumleft:

Good examples for all the attendees \:D/

:mrgreen:

HM

Return to “Past Events”