please help

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

possel

please help

Post by possel »

im not sure if im in the rite topic but need some info, iv recentley put some rev3 fuel injectors in my rev1 tubby i got told i was under fueling and got recommened to put rev3 ones in. is there anything else i need to change? i.e do they run at a different pressure?? there doesnt seem to be any difference performance wise.
splintermcinnes

Re: please help

Post by splintermcinnes »

well first off this would be better of in the mechanical section!!

and you cant just change the injectors and expect the performance to change! You are still running a rev 1 ECU. To run the injectors properly you will need either stand alone or rev 3+ ECU and supporting mods! and who told you you were under fueling??? what other mods do you have that would cause this?
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

practice then mate - they make funny noises when they do :oldtongue:
possel

Post by possel »

one of my mates had a drive of it and said it looses power at high revs due to under fueling?? at the mo i am still running rev1 ecu i have a link g1 ecu to be put on and set up yet. other mods are apexi avcr set at 1.1 bar, 1 bar actuator, decat, mongoose system, hks fcd,greddy intercooler, big bore throtle body inlet.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

possel wrote:one of my mates had a drive of it and said it looses power at high revs due to under fueling?? at the mo i am still running rev1 ecu i have a link g1 ecu to be put on and set up yet. other mods are apexi avcr set at 1.1 bar, 1 bar actuator, decat, mongoose system, hks fcd,greddy intercooler, big bore throtle body inlet.

i'm surprised you have even the same power outputs, the car will be overfueling like mad,

you either need to get the ecu changed to the link and mapped or get all the associated parts to make the rev3 injectors works properly, think they all cost around £250 second hand :-k

tbh i would change the turbo to a rev3 one also if i was you :wink:
Andytoyota

Post by Andytoyota »

and the head gasket to Rev3 at that kind of boost!
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

possel wrote:one of my mates had a drive of it and said it looses power at high revs due to under fueling??
Rev1 & 2 turbos do tail off due to the CT26 losing enough puff. Whack a CT20 on it..
possel

Post by possel »

thanks for all your help guys, i thought it was gona be a straight forward swap with nothing else to do, do the rev3 injectors run at a different pressure? got a adjustable regulator today not sure what to set it at???
thebody

Post by thebody »

OMG :shock: Slap your friend
Its the CT26 turbo on the Rev 1+2 the boost starts too tail off after 5k designed for quick spool up.
1.1 bar on a Standard HG that wont last long
Tell your friend he's a plank has no idea and tell him to stay away from it before you cause some damage
possel

Post by possel »

for some reason you can only notice it startin to hold back in 3rd and 4th?? dont no if that means anything??
splintermcinnes

Post by splintermcinnes »

Stick the old injectors back in and it should be fine. My old Rev 2 block was running a CT20b which had been modded with stronger shaft and bearings and all supporting mods, intercooler etc, but at the end of the day, it was still the head gasket that went and warped the head! :evil: and that was an up-rated one! Mine was running 15 to 18 psi on a Greddy Profec B spec to boost controller. fueling was fine with the original injectors! :thumleft:

I agree with whats been said - slap your mate, he knows nothing of the workings of the 3S-GTE lump!!!!

Failing all the above, throw away the pesky little 3S lump and get a 3VZ-FE 3.0ltr V6 in there! i did, and never looked back! :mrgreen: :thumleft:
CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I had a girlfriend for 4 months and she never even came in my room lol.

practice then mate - they make funny noises when they do :oldtongue:
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

You got some bad advise. Rev1/2 ecu wont fuel correctly with rev3 injectors.

The reason you were not getting as much power at the top end is because the Rev1/2 turbo (ct26) cant hold boost till the redline. The rev3 one does, but has different injectors, cams, ecu, and turbo (ct20b).

Return to “Mechanical”