Perspex windows

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nige_B

Perspex windows

Post by Nige_B »

Is there anywhere that does them? Done a search but can't seem to find anything. Just after a rough price at the mo

Cheers

Nige :)
KrisMoyse

Re: Perspex windows

Post by KrisMoyse »

Surely you could make your own quite cheaply coudn't you Nige?

Couple of sheets of perspex from B&Q, Jigsaw etc
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Raceplastics.com
Plastics4performance
Gr4fabrications

Or make your own, quite a few windscreen places will sell you polycarb sheets and even cut to size it you ask nicley.

The stuff in b&q isn't suitable tho!
Nige_B

Post by Nige_B »

I suppose I could make my own. I'd like them with sliders though (too lazy to do them myself) lol. All depends how much they cost I suppose

Cheers guys, I'll have a look at those links :thumleft:

edit: Can't seem to find them listed on those sites but sent email out. I'll report back the prices if anyone else is interested?
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Nige_B wrote:
edit: Can't seem to find them listed on those sites but sent email out. I'll report back the prices if anyone else is interested?

Wouldn't mind being kept up to date, it's one of the jobs I keep meaning to do to the sprint car but there are always more important things to worry about.
crazybrightman

Post by crazybrightman »

i think the problem is the rear windows and rear quarter windows arnt to bad to do but the doors have no frame so fitting plexi glass is a bit harder.
4agte on the way
Nige_B

Post by Nige_B »

crazybrightman wrote:i think the problem is the rear windows and rear quarter windows arnt to bad to do but the doors have no frame so fitting plexi glass is a bit harder.

Ah good point, hadn't really thought of that. I've seen them listed for the Mk2 though, so it must be doable
MarcsMR2

Post by MarcsMR2 »

I was thinking of just doing the back and quarts so will be interested in the prices :)
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

front windows have a curvature as well. theyre a nightmare to fit without the frames, every attempt ive seen has been awful with 10-20mm gaps at higher speeds once the wind gets in behind them

the only way youll do it is to get windows made to the exact same pattern as stock, and fit them in the stock runners (and then fix them in place and remove the electric windows if you want to lose the weight).

personally i dont think its worth it for the weight benefits. if you ditch the electrics and find a winder setup then youre saving 50% of the weight. my glass windows are noisy enough as it is, unless it was on a race car that never ever sees use without me wearing a helmet the noise would be a little too much i feel

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”