LEICESTER OWNERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

xanthus400

LEICESTER OWNERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!

Post by xanthus400 »

Got up this morning to go work at 5.30 and looked out the window to see that someone had half inched both indicator units and looms!!!! i laughed out of shear disbelief. Went out and had a good look round to find that both of my rear light clusters had also been took. On closer inspection they fubard both rear looms in the process. :evil: :evil: :evil: at least they havent took the centre panel.....YET. these were obviously stolen to order as they even took the bloody screws. :pale:

So please fellow leicester members and surrounding areas keep a close eye on ure 2.

I am totally gutted as i was going to the duxford meet this sunday in her.
hoping to get there anyway

A totally gutted Noel
Deegee99

Re: LEICESTER OWNERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!

Post by Deegee99 »

Flippin'eck mate, feel for you, I really do. There is some despicable people about. :(
xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

ive been angry man all day cos of it and the police yet again let us down at least i have a crime number :eye:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I`m getting sick of these morons. Had my dustcaps nicked in leicester a couple of weeks back. Had my car keyed, wingmirror smashed off, dent put in the bonnet. I`m fed up with it. All the money and effort put into sorting your car out and then some idiot does something to make you feel like your driving round in a xxxx heap again. Makes you feel like not bothering.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

i have a spare set of standard front indicator/side lights and looms, you can have them for free, just cover postage :thumleft:

chav scumbags, feel for you mate :evil:
ryan

Post by ryan »

how did they manage that? you need the boot lid up to gain access to the top screw to removed the rear lights, or are we just talking about the triangles?
xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

they must have pulled them out bcos the centre panel is still there one rear loom is fubar :mad:
xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

marty the looms would be good ive got my old front indicators let me know how much postage is :thumleft:
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

What shape are the plugs? There are rounded and squared, both with 3 contacts.

I have some rounded ones if needed.
xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

for the rear?
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Sorry, crossed wires. I thought you needed looms for the front indicators too... :oops:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

xanthus400 wrote:marty the looms would be good ive got my old front indicators let me know how much postage is :thumleft:

couple of quid mate, i am heading to the post office at 3pm so if you are quick i can get them off to you today :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I had something like this happen to my old Clio. They nicked all the later spec trim I'd fitted to it.

What was annoying was I kept it in a garage but it had broken down, I left it at a friends garage (work yard) and asked him to keep an eye on it. He kept telling me it was fine, but when I went down to see it the bits were all missing. I said "what the f have you been looking at"

It was kept in a gated yard by CCTV so how they got in, got it all off and didnt get spotted is beyond me. Wasnt impressed with my mate for not keeping an eye on it either.

So I feel for you mate.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Only just read this mate
If you need any bits give me a shout
xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

rear light looms if you got some and the litlle plug things for the front indicator (the bits that the screw goes into) rev3 light clusters if you got any :thumleft: let me know how much mate n when i can pick them up
cheers trev :thumleft: :thumleft:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Pop round today mate and well have a look whats needed
ive got some lexus lights you can borrow if you like ?
give me a call 07791873788
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

I bet its a Chavvy burger king racer thats done it (Not an Official MR2 Owner if you know what I mean)... They must have known what they were doing to get them off, I didnt even know how to get mine off untill I googled and asked for help :cry: :cry:
xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

having a good look at the centre panel they have broke the lights by breaking them off......a slight bit of justice me thinks :lol: .The police have come round and are actually showing an interest.Apparently its gone on the national database which is a good thing so big up to mr plod for that one :thumleft: . A big thankyou to marty and trev(blz) for helping me out any help i can give back to you guys just ask :thumleft: :thumleft:
Harry

Post by Harry »

:evil: *Appalling * :evil:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”