For Sale section - new structure

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Re: For Sale section - new structure

Post by Scott Barton »

pacman160778 wrote:Sorry but i think its all ar$e about face. I have no idea where to post or where to look for things :?

If you have bodystyling or wheels to sell or buy....you look in the bodywork and wheels section.

If you own a Turbo and you have an Aircon compressor for sale...you sell it in the Turbo OEM section.

If you own an N/A and you need a replacement ECU, you look in the N/A OEM section.

If you want to upgrade you old tired OEM exhaust for a HKS, Berk, Dep 2 etc etc....you look in the Turbo aftermarket section.

As long as you know what you want to buy or sell....then there wont be a problem.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

I don't like it... sorry. Can we take it back to how it was?? Please.

Apologies, but I don't have time to scan 4 more topic forums. Keep them listed. 'For Sale' is 'For Sale' surely?
pacman160778

Post by pacman160778 »

I honestly think you've made a pig's ear of it.

The For Sale section was one of the best things about this forum, now its just a mess, in my opinion of course. And i'm not afraid to voice that opinion. [-(
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Also, have you tried this new structure on a mobile? Say a N95.. Try it on the standard browser, then on something like Opera.. on 'fit to a page'.. :shock:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

pacman160778 wrote:I honestly think you've made a pig's ear of it.

The For Sale section was one of the best things about this forum, now its just a mess, in my opinion of course. And i'm not afraid to voice that opinion. [-(

Im with Pacman on this one :|
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

stevieskydive wrote:
pacman160778 wrote:I honestly think you've made a pig's ear of it.

Im with Pacman on this one :|

Me too. It's an utter mess with far too many categories. Much the same as the now shambles that was the mechanical section.

If people actually learnt to use the title headers to explain things specifically.......
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

It looks a complete and utter mess, it needs changing back asap, please listen to your members on this occaision..... :shock:

Im not sure what the crack is with wanting so many sub forums, can someone please tell me? I gather in theory it should seperate topics, but in reality it doesnt.

Its not user friendly, its time consuming and definatly frustrating clicking back and forth trying to find something you want, when it WAS all under one section :? This place was once clean and tidy, now its getting like mr2oc.co.uk which has always looked like a mess!
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Just had a deeper look into this shambles

and the topics ive listed have so far been put in the NA forum, WHY? because I own an NA? most of the parts I have listed so far are interchangable between na and turbo.. so ALOT of people who own a turbo are never going to go into the NA section, vice versa

go into the turbo section, and there is strut braces, suspension! these only fit on the turbo version do they?? #-o So now people with NA's who are not clued up as most either wont buying, or will be posting more topics and posts asking if these will fit to an NA ](*,)

I think you really have no option this time but to listen to the people on this topic and change it back, maybe in the future there should be some kind of poll for forum members to vote on with regards to subforums :roll:

This new set up is going to be awesome trying to view it on my phone using a slow 3g or gprs connection, ](*,) instead of a quick flick on, its now going to take 10 times longer waiting for pages to load :mad:
pacman160778

Post by pacman160778 »

Yeah thats the points i was making earlier.

I was going to browse through the for sale topic just now, I went into one section and then another, then I couldn't remember which ones I'd already been in ](*,) Head was melted so gave up
Ben

Post by Ben »

I wouldn't mind keeping the separate MK1 and MK3 sections - I get fed up of trawling through pages of MK2 stuff to find stuff for my MK1...
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

i think given a bit of time , and when folks are used to the new look , this will work :thumleft: i like the idea of not having to go through lots of posts to find something . this way you can go straight to the relevent section :thumleft: :thumleft: stick with it i say .
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

benedwards64 wrote:I wouldn't mind keeping the separate MK1 and MK3 sections - I get fed up of trawling through pages of MK2 stuff to find stuff for my MK1...

I totally agree Ben, But all these different sections make it harder to find/sell stuff.
Ben

Post by Ben »

stevieskydive wrote:
benedwards64 wrote:I wouldn't mind keeping the separate MK1 and MK3 sections - I get fed up of trawling through pages of MK2 stuff to find stuff for my MK1...

I totally agree Ben, But all these different sections make it harder to find/sell stuff.

In which case, surely just straightforward MK1, MK2 and MK3 sections would be best? :-k
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

i am with most of the above views i'm afraid, it looks shambolic and the way it was, actually worked very well. It now makes it very difficult to find things as well as being time consuming and confusing. :(
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Too many pages to browse through IMO.

I can see the reasoning behind it, but it just doesn't seem to work too well.

IMO, better off doing:

MK1
MK2
MK3
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

monkeyra wrote:Too many pages to browse through IMO.

I can see the reasoning behind it, but it just doesn't seem to work too well.

IMO, better off doing:

MK1
MK2
MK3

I reckon if we put it to a vote in the Premium Members section (well we do pay for that privalige) it would come out that most people would prefer it like that
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Dale...i have moved your two posts back into the main For Sale forum...
My bad...i scan read it and did not realise you had listed NA parts with 3SGTE parts. Apologies.
Maybe split them out and instead of calling the thread 'Random mk2 engine parts' give them a title that is a bit more specific to the items that you are trying to sell?
For instance, your Crankshaft...is this interchangeable between a Turbo and an N/A? I dont know? Others probably dont either...if you state that it is or isn't then you might target your audience a bit better and it can go in the appropriate section.

Just to add. We are listening to every one's views. We will give it a few days to gather more feedback and gauge if the changes are a success....or not. If the general consensus of opinion is that you would like all the parts jumbled up then everything will be put back the way it was. It will be as though it was never touched. :wink:
redmk1

Post by redmk1 »

it says i cant post :-k why cant i post???
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

redmk1 wrote:it says i cant post :-k why cant i post???

:-k

That is strange mate?? What section you trying to post in?

Return to “Club News and Announcements”