[Mk2] [Generic] rear window vents...........

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CRTwo

[Mk2] [Generic] rear window vents...........

Post by CRTwo »

when bored i took the little plastic vent looking thing out from by the rear window and found it's jst a hole nothing there but the shell, this got me thinking..............basically i'm thinking of drilling through into the engine bay and making some vents that work!

anyone ever done anything similar, im pretty certain it won't matter if i got making holes but i thought id put it on here just incase someone knows of any reason not to be making holes i.e. structural integrity :-k only little holes mind
-:[KM]:-

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] rear window vents...........

Post by -:[KM]:- »

It's been done before.. It looked good because the car looked good, but as to the real purpose.. :-k You'd be better off looking at other ways to cool the engine bay i.e. fans, side vent scoops, etc
CRTwo

Post by CRTwo »

already got a tom's scoop on passenger side right above filter :thumleft: thought it might luk goog, what would you say about the engine lid kits i've seen on the tom's mr2 where the lid is raised with mesh and i've seen the twin fan engine lid set up's but i think it's one or the other with those two really
kameleon

Post by kameleon »

that vent is there for moisture and venting reasons when you shut the door.
wonder if there would be any issue if blocking them off as you say?

would be worse in your climate im sure.

Return to “Modifications”