Demon-Tweeks day out: April 4th 2009

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

wabbitkilla

Demon-Tweeks day out: April 4th 2009

Post by wabbitkilla »

Hi Guys and Gals.

On behalf of MR2ROC Committee, and because you're a great bunch of peeps I'd like to invite you to join me and fellow '2ers on Saturday 4th April at Demon-Tweeks, Wrexham for a tyre-kick, general banter and a bit of fettling.

We're holding another Spring Ding Day there and we'll have about 30 Roadsters in attendance along with the usual suspects from MR2Only magazine.

We've secured shop discount and specials. Workshop deals too. Tweeks will honour a price-match on tyres with free fitting to Club members on the day (contact Kev Manley on 01978 663031 to order and book in). I think we've almost filled up the alignment machines but if you're quick there may be some spaces left (£58 with all adjustments free).

The workshop are also doing us nitrogen fills for £4 all-in - no need to book for that.

On the ROC side, we've arranged cheap dent repairs with a hired-in pro, door linings, code reads, O2 sensor fixes, Greddy diagnostics, compression tests, leakdown tests, assorted banter and various other nuggets as and when we think of them!

If there's sufficient interest from IMOC in any of these, let me know and I'll see if we can logistically cater for any additional demand.

Its going to be a break-even event and we've designed it to run on a tight budget, so whatever we do it'll be really cheap!

But most of all, we'd just like you to come along and mingle with us. There's a lot of passion for the marque among our membership, so it'd be great to see a wider variety of '2s turning up.

Any questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise .... see you there!

Nic (aka Wabbitkilla)
MR2ROC Committee
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Re: Demon-Tweeks day out: April 4th 2009

Post by Scott Barton »

Hi Nic
Sounds great! Thanks for the invite! :thumleft:

I am free that day so its a :thumleft: from me!

Add your name to the list IMOC'ers!

1. ScottBarton
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

This sounds really awesome, I almost made a trip up to Demon today (never been before even though its about 2.5 hours from me! lol) until I realised I was on-call :(

1. ScottBarton
2. Martian_333
spit

Post by spit »

Hi peoples :D

Not much to add to Nic's narrative. We had a great time last time and I'm hoping that by extending the invitation to other Clubs we can have a grand day out.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how your list of attendees is going. If you want to see where we're up to, pop over to these threads on MR2ROC:

Waffling pre-amble!

What's on & Attendance List

If there's anything you'd like me to incorporate into the event, let me know.

See you there
Ste
MR2ROC Committee
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

Come on guys, get your names down and make it along to this meet, good chance to get your annoying dings sorted, plus Demon Tweeks is an aladins cave of performance and motorsport goodies for the petrol head, plus I believe there are discounts!

My folks went along last year in their MR2 and had a great day out, I'm going along this year to snap photos for a bit of an article for MR2 Only Magazine, so its a good chance to see your car in the magazine (make sure its clean! ;0))

Steve - Editor - MR2 Only Magazine
Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
starmist

Post by starmist »

Sounds good, i'll come, it will be my first meet with my mr2.
aw11rally

tweeks meet

Post by aw11rally »

I think I'll bring the AW11 rally car along and whatever other AW11 I can bring to life on the day. I'll probably need tyres by then anyway, know the guys at tweeks by name now so they generally do us some pretty good deals, the more you spend in that place the better it gets!

See you there.

Paul
spit

Post by spit »

That's great guys - I've added you to our attendee list. See you there.

We may have a little spare capacity for dent removal on the day. We've managed to get Alan from DentWhiz back again on a fixed daily rate and we'll shovel through as many cars as we can.
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

just got back into tubby ownership,so would be greatful if someone would add my name to the list.thanks.paul.
spit

Post by spit »

't'is done Paul. :wink:

Looking forward to meeting some of the IMOC crew.

Ste
kirsty

Post by kirsty »

hmmmm may change our plans for next week now we've seen this . . . . although my SC's in Scotland, Dave's car's being a little grumpy, don't want to bring rep mobile - so we'll need to make sure the Striker's ready and the weather's good :)
spit

Post by spit »

April? .... good weather? .... Wales? .... of course you know it'll be a beautiful day! :wink:

Be great to see you and Dave hun. Its been a while.
kirsty

Post by kirsty »

Will keep you posted :wink:
starmist

Post by starmist »

What time does it start?
spit

Post by spit »

We'll be rolling in from about 9.30 and we'll be there all day. Hunt me down when you arrive and say hello.

We've got over 50 cars signed up for the day so if any of you other IMOC'ers are at a loose end and fancy kicking tyres with like-minded folk, this is probably gonna be the place to be! :lol:

Plenty going on to keep everyone happy. Teas and coffees are on the house courtesy of Andy and his butty van :thumleft:

See you there!

Ste
spit

Post by spit »

oops double-post in all the excitement :oops:

Return to “Past Events”