Funny things.......

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Slarty

Funny things.......

Post by Slarty »

Ok, so I was on my way out this evening, weather was warm so the windows were (obviously) down.

Pulling out onto the A13 I caught a glimps of a Merc SL55 AMG waiting to join from the opposite way. No big deal, I like them, they make a fantastic sound if nothing else!!

So I goes about a mile along the A13 to a roundabout. I'm in the right hand lane as I'm wanting to take the 3rd (and final) exit off of the roundabout. Theres an R33 Skyline GTS infront of me, low rise spoiler so it's a bit of a give away that it's not a GTR.

All of a sudden I spotted in my rear view that this AMG merc is coming up to the roundabout (lights were still red btw) at a xxxxxx rapid speed. Possibly circa 70ish mph and only 100 or so yards from the lights/roundabout.

He decides on the middle lane, and slows to an almost sensible speed just behind my car.

At this point, the lights change so we all begin to pull away. By this time, nob jockey in the merc is about 3/4 of a car length in front of me.

As the Skyline pulls away, he (unknowingly) runs over a tin can (I didn't see it either, and I was behind him!!) which I assume was full of a drink (fizzy at that) of some kind.

Cue, can being crushed, Merc along side said can. LOTS of pressure on a can = whoooooooooooooosh.

The entire contents of the can exploded in the general direction of the nob jockeys in the AMG merc :lol:

General cries of "arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" from the merc, and me in complete and utter fits of laughter.

When we got to the next set of lights on the roundabout, I could even see the shoulders of the Skyline driver going up and down, so he was obviously having a bloody good chuckle at it too :lol:

Did I forget to mention that the Merc had its roof and windows down? 8-[

They did however continue to prove the "Rich kid in daddies car" nob jockey status by roaring away from the roundabout at over double the (50 mph) speed limit carving their way through the evening traffic :evil:

So the light summer shower was EVERYTHING they deserved :)
ChrisW

Re: Funny things.......

Post by ChrisW »

Excellent :clap:

If only you could have caught that on video!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

it's quite refreshing to read this, wish i was there, sounds well funny... :lol:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

ChrisW wrote:
If only you could have caught that on video!

Ah if only :lol:

Was one of those once in a liftime things I fear, I don't think you could ever replicate it lol. When the Merc had to put his wipers on I got the full impression of how wet they'd gotten :mrgreen:

Return to “Driving Experiences”