Play with a 360 Modena this morning

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Today I feel like a:

Ninja
No votes
Pirate
No votes

Total votes: 0

Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Play with a 360 Modena this morning

Post by Chr15py »

So, I was driving on the way to work this morning from St Ives to Huntingdon when a 360 pulled out from Houghton in the same direction about 5-6 cars up. We shortly arrived at a roundabout that has the main road into huntingdon on it and the bypass. This always queues for about 50 meters and adds 10 mins to your time. The bypass is a long straight between that and the next roundabout - about 2 or 3 miles. The 360 driver obviously had the same idea as me as I overtook the left turning traffic and went straight across the roundabout.

He didn't pull away or anything. My foot was flat to the floor and I stayed right behind him! At work I checked out the stats and its 0-60 is 4.5ish secs, 0-100 is 9.7ish secs and standing 1/4 is 12.7@115mph. I managed a 13.17 prior to having my car mapped so I think it was quite fair. Gonna spank that 1/4 time next time I go :-P.

The sound was awesome - popping and banging on every gearchange (with accompanying lick of flames)! Love 'rarris :-D

Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
pistol pete

Re: Play with a 360 Modena this morning

Post by pistol pete »

good lad glad to here its fixed too :)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

I bet his face was priceless :lol: as he goes back to the Ferrari garage "I think this thing needs a service lads" "why's that sir" "well I couldn't pull away from this old white MR2, nothing was stuck under my accelerator pedal either.. :-k "
Ry_B

Post by Ry_B »

fair play. end of the day though, what would you rather have, a ferrari or an mr2 :D
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

mr2... :roll: :wink:
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

lol standard or even mildly tuned mr2, ofcourse its the ferrari. But a 500+bhp Pheonix powered or a very specially modded mr2 and I think i'd take the 2. Drove Ferraris and although they feel amazing, i'd rather have some reliability intead of replacing clutches every few k

Driving pleasure doesn't always come down to a badge..
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

mr2nut123 wrote:lol standard or even mildly tuned mr2, ofcourse its the ferrari. But a 500+bhp Pheonix powered or a very specially modded mr2 and I think i'd take the 2. Drove Ferraris and although they feel amazing, i'd rather have some reliability intead of replacing clutches every few k

No, it comes from the chassis and screaming engine, gimme the Ferrari over a 500bhp MR2 anyday!
Good anecdote from the OP though, nice to have a play with supercars sometimes :)
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

mr2nut123 wrote:lol standard or even mildly tuned mr2, ofcourse its the ferrari. But a 500+bhp Pheonix powered or a very specially modded mr2 and I think i'd take the 2. Drove Ferraris and although they feel amazing, i'd rather have some reliability intead of replacing clutches every few k

.... and you think a 500bhp MR2 is reliable and pleasant to drive?

You should try living with that sort of car first!

Return to “Driving Experiences”