seen as you asked for it mr2 vs mr2

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lee @ 3S Service Centre

seen as you asked for it mr2 vs mr2

Post by Lee @ 3S Service Centre »

Out last night with our brother paul gettin some petrol etc when we bumped into JJ.

Car has just been rebuilt with a td06 running 1 bar.

Anyway we had a tootle along the road to show jj how it goes.

Turned back round and it was time for race on :)

this is from my point of view i was bout 5 mile away in a 1.5 civic :)

2nd gear coming off a round about jj seemed to gun it first due to his superior driving abilitys.....or is it wheel bearings ;)

Paul nailed it and seemd to catch up then through 3rd it looked like he pulled a car length or 2 past jj.

then hit the brakes ...... paul sideways......MUST GET WHEEL BEARINGS.

Not a very exciting story i know but just thought id post it.

Quote of the evening from JJ "You could take on the world in that thing oh and it doesnt half make a racket :)"

im sure other will be along soon to chime in.

lee
Sidewinder

Re: seen as you asked for it mr2 vs mr2

Post by Sidewinder »

What do you mean about the wheel bearings? Serious question.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by paul_h »

Nige wrote:What do you mean about the wheel bearings? Serious question.

My front wheel bearings are shot, hence the front wheels kind of steer where they want to. At high speeds this causes the car to wander all over the road and in the case of last night loose the back end :?

never mind they will be done this week.
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

wondered how long it would take you to post :)

Anyway nice bit action last night (private road of course) :wink:

Nice to see the car finally showing a bit of potential, you never know when you start building an engine if all the parts you choose will work nicely together.

The car is still on stock(ish) fuel and standard ECU and intercooler and like lee said managed to pull a car length or so on JJ.

JJ's car although only in a mild state of tune rev3 still managed a 12.9 1/4 recently so i'm pretty pleased my rev2 done well against him :).

Just need to get my intercooler fitted then off to the tuning shop to have it mapped to about 24psi :) hopefully should produce some nice results.

just need to hear JJ's side of the story now see how different they are ;)

later

paul
JJ

Post by JJ »

Bloody hell, this one was quick.. Was gonna put a post up for CT26 V's TD06 !

Hell fire when the boost crank up on yours paul !! jees, even with the windows closed I was twisting my face with the noise.

Hands down, you nailed mine from a 30+ mph rolling start. Lee, I didn't put my foot down first, I heard the induction turned deep on pauls as he was beside me and I nailed mine, mine although laggy, spooled up a tad quicker and showed when mine was first to deliver the torque... mine started pulling hard first, but no match for the TD06 - once that spooled up :shock:

Though consistantly both the cars rocketting to the next roundabout, the TD06 clearly had the advantage and progressed a gradual pull from mine !

Good things come to those who wait paul ! :wink: You've been waiting a good two year and its all starting to come together.

Oh ! sort your brakes out or whatever you use to slow down - thought you were turning left on the dual carraigeway when you stomped on the breaks ! :shock: Luckily I wasn't along side you, I'd need a new side of the car !!! :lol:

Lee - camcorder next time down a track fellar - theres no real footages out there for refined / modified turboed MR2's taking on stock toyota stuff.

11/12 second car me thinks ! :wink:

Latest today - block being rebored... no replacement for displacement. Engine be built by this time tomorrow. Hows about a rematch at the next event against the T04R and a built engine ! :D :D
Last edited by JJ on Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

None of you back at work yet :D
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

lol clearly not the slackers! I thought JJ was a tad quiet, now I know why! :D

Cheers

James
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

hornsey just checked your profile!

seriuous engine work and standard looks how stealth is that! kinda feel sorry for the barry boys and chav's down your way, dunno what there up against! :twisted:
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

Chris 'aka rustboy' Ammon wrote:hornsey just checked your profile!

seriuous engine work and standard looks how stealth is that! kinda feel sorry for the barry boys and chav's down your way, dunno what there up against! :twisted:

:D

all is going well at the moment, just got a few bits to sort out then I can unleash its full potential

I can't wait The rolling road day should have a few interesting cars there. Hopefully JJ wil get his finger out and finish this beast of an engine hes building then I might let him have another crack at the red/pink rocket ;)

paul
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

JJ wrote:

Oh ! sort your brakes out or whatever you use to slow down - thought you were turning left on the dual carraigeway when you stomped on the breaks !

That was the problem I was telling you about with the wheel bearings under hard breaking the car wanders all over due to the play in the fronts then it kicks the back end out :shock:

will all be fixed this week hopefully :)

paul
Stu Wilson

Post by Stu Wilson »

It gladdens my heart that here in the North East we have the most err, eccentric enthusiasts. :D
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

Stu Wilson wrote:It gladdens my heart that here in the North East we have the most err, eccentric enthusiasts. :D

yup there seems to be a few of us up here these days

paul

Return to “Driving Experiences”