[Mk2] [NA] Garage in brighton - radiator leaking

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stevemilton

[Mk2] [NA] Garage in brighton - radiator leaking

Post by stevemilton »

Found my radiator had a leak last night and am requiring to get it replaced quickly, as I need the car to get to work. Just wondering if any one can recommend a place in Brighton or nearby that could do this? Also, what sort of price should I be paying for the rad to be replaced and new coolent?
Cheers,
Steve.
KIYA

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Garage in brighton - radiator leaking

Post by KIYA »

I paid between £150 and £200 for new rad and coolant.

:roll:

I know peeps that have paid under £100 for the rad and fitted it themselves.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Your best bet is to buy a used radiator via the forsale/wanted section and either fit it yourself or take it along to a local garage.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

nah, best bet is to buy a new rad from ebay and fit it yourself. I bought a 2nd hand one from here and a year later it failed too. The rad takes some punishment with the open grill and even mesh's don't stop all the debris so why take a chance on a 2nd hand unit when you're only gonna save 30odd quid from new.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

allan welsh wrote:nah, best bet is to buy a new rad from ebay and fit it yourself. I bought a 2nd hand one from here and a year later it failed too. The rad takes some punishment with the open grill and even mesh's don't stop all the debris so why take a chance on a 2nd hand unit when you're only gonna save 30odd quid from new.

Each to their own mate, I prefer to watch the pennies so if I can pick up a good condition used rad for £20 in the forsale section, I'll go with that!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”