[Mk2] [Turbo] Insurance for lightly modded turbos

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

[Mk2] [Turbo] Insurance for lightly modded turbos

Post by mr2nut123 »

I'm currently with A-Plan but last year I hardly got any discount from a years trouble free motoring so was wondering who else is a good company to try? I've tried Sky but they refuse to insure me because I live in a good area in a certain postcode :roll:

I've heard Tesco are cheap as chips but will they cover you with mods? I'm 22 and will have 3 years NCB when it comes to renewal.
king_ginge86

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Insurance for lightly modded turbos

Post by king_ginge86 »

try Adrian Flux mate, thats who I'm with and they even gave me a discount for having mods :clap:

they also give a discount if you're a member of the owners club amongst other stuff like breakdown cover, legal, and personal injury.

can only ask, i'd avoid tesco though they are cheap but having worked for them i know the insurance policies are a bit dodge from customers. even try Liverpool Victoria i've heard they're good.
daz364

Post by daz364 »

just payed my insurance through adrain flux £576 thats with all mods declared thats filter exhaust dump valve and wheels with 5years no claims i would reccomend them

Thanks daz
Craigo

Post by Craigo »

Noel Dazley
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Cheers for replies guys. Rang them today and got a quote for around the £750 mark with full UK breakdown cover AND all mods declared. Top company, i'll be going with them come renewal time for sure. :thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

adrian flux all the way for me gave me a good quote aswell £375 fully comp all mods declared :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
cherdyboy

Post by cherdyboy »

Alot of the high street insurance companies wont insure grey imports, i know form experience that e-sure dont....
DMC Paul

Post by DMC Paul »

Got a quote with flux fully comp and every single Mod declared £339. The Sky Stepped up to the mark and Quoted £321

Thats an N/A uk car with a Tubby engine dropped in as well :clap:

Sky for me :thumleft: :thumleft:
Dan88

Post by Dan88 »

I cant fault Adrian Flux, insuring me on my first Tubby, im 20 years old with 2 years no claims and 3 points on my licence and got a quote for 1450 fully. May sound bad to some of you guys, but for me thats brilliant :clap:
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

I called Adrian Flux when I changed my NA for a modded turbo - the guy laughed and seemed to suggest that I'd crash it as they are much more difficult to drive :shock:

He then went away for five minutes and when he came back said "I haven't got an actual price but you are looking at well over a grand". :shock: :shock:

Called A-Plan and they did me fully comp for £370 :lol:

I shan't be calling Flux again..

BTW - I was 39 years old with full NCD at the time!

Nick

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”