Me versus Ashley Cole

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

gmtc

Me versus Ashley Cole

Post by gmtc »

Not that much to it really, apart from it being a footy player.

Pulled up to the barriers on the m6 toll road in my M3. Always look in the next lanes to see if there a nice car to accelerate against. This time, to my left was Ashley Cole pushing his card in the machine and Cheryl in the passenger seat. He was in a black Merc CLS55 with dark smoked windows and black wheels. Dont know the spec (suspect AMG) as it was de-badged.

The sound of that car roaring away from the toll was amazing. I tucked in and matched him until a speed i thought was already a bit ott, then backed off. He just kept on going - onto something i estimate must have been 140+. A bit later i saw him enter a 60-zone with the cameras that measure average speed. He just kept on ploughing on at around 90 through them?? i dont understand how he keeps his license.

Anyway, lovely car (and missus). What a kn*bster.
"There is no spoon"
Antstarr

Re: Me versus Ashley Cole

Post by Antstarr »

Plays for the best club though.

8)

Were there quad tailpipes? No guarauntee it was an AMG then...couldve been standard?
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Antstarr wrote:..couldve been standard?

Dont know, on his wages would you go standard?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumleft:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

He's so over rated, hasnt got anything on Evra, just a beckham/victoria wannabee :oldtongue:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Antstarr[b] wrote:Plays for the best club though[/b].

8)

Were there quad tailpipes? No guarauntee it was an AMG then...couldve been standard?

You mean managerless, trophyless and potentially Drogbaless Chelsea?

Hmm, some would say they're not the best ;)

GMTC, should have run him off the road, he's a bell end.
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: \:D/
coverco

Post by coverco »

Being Drogbaless is surely a good thing :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

He's their man goal scorer. For them he's good.
For the game as a whole, he's a disgrace.
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Footballer, therefore complete xxxx. End of! :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lou-Lou wrote:Footballer, therefore complete twit. End of! :thumleft:

A rather harsh and uneducated opinion there.
I dont think you realise quite how much alot* of footballers give back just because they dont shout about it.

*By alot this means that yes, there are some xxxx out there too.
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Why would I want to be 'educated' about it?!?! :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Because calling every football player a xxxx just because you saw a little bad press about some in a red top once is ignorant.

This opinion that all footballers are assholes is spreading due to people only paying atention to the bad press and the fact no one bothers to talk about alot of the good things than an aweful lof of them do.

Couple of recent examples.

Olivier Kapo of Birmingham. His boot boy asked for his boots as an end of season suvenier, he didnt have them so he gave him his Mercedes, drove it to his house for him and paid his insurance for a year!

David Beckham, phoned a crippled BMX rider and waited on hold for 40 minutes while the Dr's got him to the phone then spent half an hour chatting to him.

These people do alot of good things to help alot of people but because that's not a huge paper seller, they chose to report on the select few that do bad things.
eatdrinkfeck

Post by eatdrinkfeck »

...i'd rather have a go in his missus :)
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Not really the same thing but stayed for a w/e in a country hotel recently. Outside, as close to the reception as possible, three local championship players had parked up in disabled spaces. I know they were players because the doorman told me so, they practice next door and he knew them by name. I complained along with a few others (including a driver who had to park further away with his wheelchair bound partner) to the hotels reception that they should get clamped for parking blacked out, huge wheeled, blinged up BMWs so blatantly in disabled bays but the following day found retribution had already been taken as each one of the three now sported 6ft scratches all over and the words "You c**ts" scratched all over.
Nothing against footballers per se but against anyone that arrogant, thoughtless and selfish. Think they're fabulous for playing sport well when they're actually less worthwhile to society than any nurse, teacher or policeman.

R.
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

The blokes a wan--r , should never have left the best footballing team in the World bar None , ask the best left back in the Universe G C .
513BHP at the hubs
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

/\ Oh no gooner alert =;

Read a nice little story in the paper yesterday about John Terry. A popular target for abuse from people who dont know him.

John Gaunt, a Sun columnist let him have it after the CL final for crying and other things.

JT actually got on the phone to him apparently. Gaunty was at a concert in Spain so JT asked nicely if he could phone back the next day, Gaunty said yes. JT phoned back bang on time and according to Gaunty was very polite and well balanced. He explained why he cried and that he wasnt embarrassed about it. His reason was that he loves Chelsea and he loves the fans and felt bad for missing the penalty for them. He said that there had been bad press about him but that was in the past and that now he's trying to be a man, a husband and a dad. Gaunty said Terry wasnt half the man Bobby Moore was. JT replied "If I was even half the man he was I'd be happy"
For some one like Gaunty, who regularly lays into people to publically apologise. Not only that but admit he even had a tear in his eye over some of the conversation says it all.

You might see some of these players getting angry on the pitch but pretty much any average, nice person can lose their temper. Imagine then that it's your livlihood (sp)
I'm not saying I condone it, some players (Terry included) are OTT and set a bad examply. The problem is, the demand on teams to win at all costs has driven them to it IMO.

Then of course there's Joey Barton lol. =;
lukem

Post by lukem »

ashley cole disgusts me. encapsulates all that is wrong with the modern game, primarily serving to highlight how ludicrous the wages are at that level.
as a footballer myself, i hope all other players understand when i say i hope he suffers a career ending injury. football would be richer without him.

:thumleft:
pcp

Post by pcp »

matt_mr2t wrote:/\ Oh no gooner alert =;

Read a nice little story in the paper yesterday about John Terry. A popular target for abuse from people who dont know him.

John Gaunt, a Sun columnist let him have it after the CL final for crying and other things.

JT actually got on the phone to him apparently. Gaunty was at a concert in Spain so JT asked nicely if he could phone back the next day, Gaunty said yes. JT phoned back bang on time and according to Gaunty was very polite and well balanced. He explained why he cried and that he wasnt embarrassed about it. His reason was that he loves Chelsea and he loves the fans and felt bad for missing the penalty for them. He said that there had been bad press about him but that was in the past and that now he's trying to be a man, a husband and a dad. Gaunty said Terry wasnt half the man Bobby Moore was. JT replied "If I was even half the man he was I'd be happy"
For some one like Gaunty, who regularly lays into people to publically apologise. Not only that but admit he even had a tear in his eye over some of the conversation says it all.

You might see some of these players getting angry on the pitch but pretty much any average, nice person can lose their temper. Imagine then that it's your livlihood (sp)
I'm not saying I condone it, some players (Terry included) are OTT and set a bad examply. The problem is, the demand on teams to win at all costs has driven them to it IMO.

This is the same john terry who parks his bentley in disabled bays because he can afford the fine? #-o
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Cant get a drink at chelsea

All the cups are at Old trafford and all the mugs are on the pitch. :lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

pcp wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:/\ Oh no gooner alert =;

This is the same john terry who parks his bentley in disabled bays because he can afford the fine? #-o

Loads of people stick their cars on disabled places.
It doesnt make them horrible people. Just bloody lazy.
Not to mention, some times there's hundreds of dissabled spaces empty and no spaces for able people.

Again, I'm not saying I condone it, but it's not like he's out stealing cars and killing babies is it?

People buy into what the papers say too much about people. They want you to believe he's a nasty bit of work so they print that story. But they dont print about all the good things people do.

Return to “Driving Experiences”