Custom Gauge Mount - Triple 52mm

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gtech

Custom Gauge Mount - Triple 52mm

Post by gtech »

I have had the following gauge mod made up so that others can easily mod their centre panel (Radio/air vent piece) to take 3 x 52mm Gauges.

The modification has been made as simple as possible by providing you with a precise panel that will fit where the top vents went, after you take out the centre bar. You can either then filler and make it an OEM look, or simply bond into position from the rear.

The panel will come in black gel coat, ready for fitting.

You will see from the final pic, that I have had the edges skimmed and primed ready for painting, this will then give the OEM look.

The panel has been designed so that it can fit either LEFT or RIGHT hand drive, and the gauges will be angled towards the driver.

Price for these will be £20 + delivery which will only be about £2.50 recorded delivery. If paying via paypal it will be necessary to add the 3.35% to cover the charges.

How does that sound ????

PICS........

Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
DMC Paul

Re: Custom Gauge Mount - Triple 52mm

Post by DMC Paul »

:thumleft: I'll take one.

Paul
gtech

Post by gtech »

Hi Paul,

how do you want to pay:

Paypal + 3.35%

Direct Bank Transfer (I'm with HSBC)

Cash or Cheque.

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

you have pm
AdDaMan

Post by AdDaMan »

dont suppose you can make it exactly the same but for 60mm?? pleeeeeeeeeease..... :)
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Do you still keep all the plastic clips at the back of the panel. I mean obvioulsy you need to cut out and fill this in place but does it still keep the original tabs.

It's a nice idea, i quite like it.... shame i dont own a 2 no more though lol.

edit* Another idea would be to get a mold made up so for the apexi boost controller, that would look smart mounted up there
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

I think its a great idea...i had a go at making 3x52mm holes using filler and FG, actually it came back up for asale on here not so long ago...its really time consuming, this take out all the hard work of measuring and cutting good effort mate, i would buy one if i wanted my gauges there! :)
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

rossdymond3352 wrote:I think its a great idea...i had a go at making 3x52mm holes using filler and FG, actually it came back up for asale on here not so long ago...its really time consuming, this take out all the hard work of measuring and cutting good effort mate, i would buy one if i wanted my gauges there! :)

You'd buy anything so your opinion dont count :twisted: :oldtongue: :wink:
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Graeme put me down for 2 I will drop the cash off this weekend.

Measured these up and you can get 2 rows of three moving stereo to the bottom din pocket 6 defi's in a row :thumleft:
AdDaMan

Post by AdDaMan »

^^^most defi's are 60mm though^^^

The problem im having . . .
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Mine are the old type white 52mm gauges you must have bf gauges

I got my defi's mega cheap so I cant complain

Best Gauges imo
gtech

Post by gtech »

nofearmadbiker wrote:agreed looks very nice would like one of these myself are you going to still be making these in the future fancy some more guages in mine and that looks very original looking like thay are ment to be there, top man comment said was a bit nasty aswell still some people have been a bit nasty to me with there comments on here which is a real shame but £20 is not expensive :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Yep will ALWAYS be available, so just give me a shout when you are ready, no hurry.....just when you want, there'll be one there for you ;-)
gtech

Post by gtech »

AdDaMan wrote:dont suppose you can make it exactly the same but for 60mm?? pleeeeeeeeeease..... :)

Cannot promise, BUT will ask my man what he can do, might be a tight squeeze though thats the only trouble.

Graeme
gtech

Post by gtech »

Spittinflames wrote:Do you still keep all the plastic clips at the back of the panel. I mean obvioulsy you need to cut out and fill this in place but does it still keep the original tabs.

It's a nice idea, i quite like it.... shame i dont own a 2 no more though lol.

edit* Another idea would be to get a mold made up so for the apexi boost controller, that would look smart mounted up there

Yep all the plastic clips remain in place, all you are losing is the two top vents which just pull off, and the centre bar.

Nice idea about the boost controller......more food for thought ;-)
gtech

Post by gtech »

rossdymond3352 wrote:I think its a great idea...i had a go at making 3x52mm holes using filler and FG, actually it came back up for asale on here not so long ago...its really time consuming, this take out all the hard work of measuring and cutting good effort mate, i would buy one if i wanted my gauges there! :)

thanks bud for the kind comments, you are right, they are not the easiest thing to make up, especially getting the angles correct. What made it slightly more difficult is getting it spot on so that it can be used for LEFT or RIGHT hand drive.
gtech

Post by gtech »

Leakie Tbar wrote:Graeme put me down for 2 I will drop the cash off this weekend.

Measured these up and you can get 2 rows of three moving stereo to the bottom din pocket 6 defi's in a row :thumleft:

That is gonna look well cool......Bit like the Mk3 Cortina GT (yes showing my age)
gtech

Post by gtech »

AdDaMan wrote:^^^most defi's are 60mm though^^^

The problem im having . . .

Leave that one with me and will see what can be done ;-)
AdDaMan

Post by AdDaMan »

That would be lovely matey, let me know
cheers
Ad.
gtech

Post by gtech »

AdDaMan wrote:That would be lovely matey, let me know
cheers
Ad.

Already onto it and speaking to the man.....hopefully he will let me know his response later tonight.......then when he says it can be done.....I'll tell him I need them by Thursday lunch :mrgreen: nahhhh only kidding about the Thursday bit.

But will keep you and the others posted.
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Star Man :thumleft:

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”