[Mk2] [Generic] need a favour

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

fearless

[Mk2] [Generic] need a favour

Post by fearless »

could somebody photoshop my car with a gloss black roof thinking of going all out with black roof and fast and furious style jap graphics, just dont know how it would fair with my colour cheers in advance not the greatest picture im afraid :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Spittinflames

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] need a favour

Post by Spittinflames »

Matt black it... You can do it yourself then and it actually gives a nice effect.

My roof was matt blacked but my plan was to go all matt black. Unfortuantly she broke before i got chance to do it.
fearless

Post by fearless »

the cars ive seen which i like have had really deep glossy black roofs dont like matt finish, im even going to paint my wipers when im off gloss black i do like a shine :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

watch u dont go over the top with all this body painting/colourcoding mate too much looks naff

simmo
fearless

Post by fearless »

i want to colour code seals, rear bumper spats and front lip and rub strips thats why i was thinking black roof and black graphics to break it up a bit, i too agree to much and you can go over the top just makes the car look a lot lower :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

anybody :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Sol

Post by Sol »

have you a better pic of the car? ie not so high..more straight? makes it hard to do the roof for it looks crap
fearless

Post by fearless »

dont quite understand tried to take pic as central as i could and as close as i could :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Sol

Post by Sol »

more.. level so it is 2d

it is a bit 3d at the mo[/img]
fearless

Post by fearless »

think i get what you mean say take pic more of an angle say from front wing maybe
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

very quick job but hope this will do?

RST

Post by RST »

watch u dont go over the top with all this body painting/colourcoding mate too much looks naff
...nofearmadbiker, we've got similar colours and I asked for a photochop last year with a black roof and got a a few neg. comments -I'd never paint everything the body colour. I went against painting my roof gloss black, though I kind of think it would look good with metallic paint still personally, it's very street bling though -you need a car which will pull it off. There's loads of "Max Power" cars going for contrasting black roofs. It's obvious when it's been done from rattle cans and detracts from the whole thing. I wouldn't do matt black personally.
colour code seals
..what seals were you thinking of?
rear bumper spats and front lip and rub strips
...nothing badly wrong with them as they are so long as they're in good nick but if you get a good colour match through paint chips then it will look really good -go for it (I know Halfords can't match my colour but find someone who will)!!!!

If it were me, I'd spend money on less mods and not try and do everything though. If you do summit -do it to the best you can afford and put-off something else. That's my oppinion though.

If you go for a gloss (flat) black roof though I'd be really interested to see it.

(edit, if you paint the plastic parts, make sure you put adhesion promoter (like 3M product) and / or etch primer on them otherwise stone chips will be your enemy.)
Last edited by RST on Sat May 24, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fearless

Post by fearless »

thats great thanks for that gives me an idea what it looks like, how much does photoshop cost and is it easy to use could be a good tool for me giving you idea's without spending out the cash and not liking it, mind you im not to clever with computers i get used to the video and then we have dvd players and setting them to record you have to be a member of mensa, just got used to putting up pics on here after wife showing me 3 times :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

oops sills not the blubber things that swim in the sea looking at it with a black roof the lip spoiler bumper spats and sills it doesnt look to bad, and no i would never spray the roof with rattle cans and no way matt black would get a bodyshop to do it properly, just looking at some idea's at the moment i seem to be really going to town with this car and like it a lot, done over a grand on it already which i know isnt really a lot to most of you guys with the tubbys looking at some jap graphics aswell old school fast and furious type stuff i know its been done loads of times but i quite fancy it what do you guys think :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

If you are not computer literate then i wouldnt even consider photoshop tbh mate..

Photoshop is a tool for the professional, its prob the best / most advanced image editing software package you can buy. therefore altho its user friendly, it certainly isnt simple!

to get the most out of it you would probably need to go on a short course..

its expensive too @ about £550
:shock:
fearless

Post by fearless »

just been looking on ebay at software see what you mean about cost, my wife was a graphic designer a good few years ago and has explained to me about it said her printer she used cost £250,000 and spent a month in germany on how to use it, she,s trained in mac but is really quite good on pc bless her she's always showing me how to do simple things nevermind not spending that much might have been usefull though cheers for advice :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

nofearmadbiker wrote:oops sills not the blubber things that swim in the sea looking at it with a black roof the lip spoiler bumper spats and sills it doesnt look to bad, and no i would never spray the roof with rattle cans and no way matt black would get a bodyshop to do it properly, just looking at some idea's at the moment i seem to be really going to town with this car and like it a lot, done over a grand on it already which i know isnt really a lot to most of you guys with the tubbys looking at some jap graphics aswell old school fast and furious type stuff i know its been done loads of times but i quite fancy it what do you guys think :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Dont forget your computer should already have MS Paint? Click on start > all programs > accessories and it should be on there ??
select File>open>select a picture then have a play
or download this as a free starter and have some practice
http://www.getpaint.net/
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

tbh ... and i hope nobody sees me as a no-gooder for suggesting this... but there are many a ways of picking up a copy of photoshop for free.. particularly older versions -which are not much different from the newer ones.

Yes if you are using the software for business / reward , then a genuine purchase is a definate must. But for an amateur like you and me that just wants to play around, colouring in cars and pshoppin in body kits, then i dont see the harm in using a 'free' copy.
C50

Post by C50 »

i'm not into black roofs but if you do decide to do it, why not go a metallic black?!

I don't like matt black =; seen loads of cars at japfest with it - disgusting
fearless

Post by fearless »

totally agree why do these people spend thousands of pounds making them seriously fast then paint it matt black yuk :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”