Why do Corsa "Barry Boys" think they can beat a 2 ??

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

PJ3074

Why do Corsa "Barry Boys" think they can beat a 2 ??

Post by PJ3074 »

Picked up my 2nd MK1 from Brighton a few weeks ago and was having a nice cruise back to Kent, when I get "Baseball Hat Barry" up my chuff in his Mk1 Corsa jacked up on 40" rims, riding back and forth up to my bumper...tried to ignore the little xxxx but he wouldn't pass, so it was time to have some fun!!

As you come back on the A27 there's some nice straights with a sucession of roundabouts...so as it was all clear, I launched my 2 across three successive roundabouts at around 80mph!!

So the dick head in the Corsa, thinks he can do the same, when he gets to roundabout #2 and almost plants his sad excuse of a car into the central reservation....so whoever you are in that pathetic little car...front engine, front wheel drive barry mobile, will never cut it against an MR2 or any mid-engine rear drive...so get it into your baseball caps!! :twisted:
Alex B

Re: Why do Corsa "Barry Boys" think they can beat a 2 ??

Post by Alex B »

PJ3074 wrote:Picked up my 2nd MK1 from Brighton a few weeks ago and was having a nice cruise back to Kent, when I get "Baseball Hat Barry" up my chuff in his Mk1 Corsa jacked up on 40" rims, riding back and forth up to my bumper...tried to ignore the little twit but he wouldn't pass, so it was time to have some fun!!

As you come back on the A27 there's some nice straights with a sucession of roundabouts...so as it was all clear, I launched my 2 across three successive roundabouts at around 80mph!!

So the dick head in the Corsa, thinks he can do the same, when he gets to roundabout #2 and almost plants his sad excuse of a car into the central reservation....so whoever you are in that pathetic little car...front engine, front wheel drive barry mobile, will never cut it against an MR2 or any mid-engine rear drive...so get it into your baseball caps!! :twisted:

Why bother, it's very clear which motor is the more superior, why risk your own license to prove a known fact?

PJ3074 wrote:Mk1 Corsa jacked up on 40" rims

rofl, that's quite funny :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

My mates old Corsa would have destroyed you through that trust me.

It was powerful enough to leave a mk2 modded tubby behind and handled "enough" to cope when a bend occured.

Dont write them off.

Actually, it was a Nova lol but the same mod can be done to Corsa's.

It had a 285bhp Calibra/Cavalier Turbo engine in it. This is a pretty straight forward conversion so dont be surprised one day, when your looking down apon a crappy Nova/Corsa it flies past you with ease.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Btw, this doesnt mean I like Nova's and Corsa's, just that they are very easy to make very fast.
robbie_742003

Post by robbie_742003 »

PJ3074 wrote:

80mph around roundabouts? You must be mad, that'll be another MR2 disappearing from our world. Glad you dont live near me. :mad:
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

matt_mr2t wrote:Btw, this doesnt mean I like Nova's and Corsa's, just that they are very easy to make very fast.

Yeah whatever - Corsa boy. :wink:

I had a Corsa GSi when I was 18 boy. It was tidy like, 110bhp like. I took off some of the induction piping and it sounded like a V8. I also welded a twin pipe Scorpion back box onto it taken off a Ford Fiesta which must have hiked the power by at least 50 bhp. (until it fell off outside my girlfriends house) Er....like.

It was slammed to the floor boy lowrider style as recommended by the experts at Max Power, so much so that I ripped off one of the side skirts coming out of my neighbours steep driveway. Was worth it though cos boy could you feel the road and you knew it was the right height cos it tram lined all over the shop when you braked and could hardly get over speedbumps. Tidy.

I also fitted a Kenwood sub, sleepy eye lids and some classy white rear light clusters to top it off - class act mate and was more than enough to blow sheds like MR2's and Skylines into the weeds.

Oh the impetuousness of youth... :oops:

PJ3074

Post by PJ3074 »

The only thing missing from that Corsa pic is Ali G (Aye!) :D

Each to their own I suppost, but being a 30 something...I just don't get it!!
draw

corsa lol

Post by draw »

no matter what you do to a corsa it is still a corsa. you cant polish a turd
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

Its the prerogative of the young to insist on modifying sheds. (badly!)

Better we make our mistakes on our first crappy cars than when we can afford something a bit nicer!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

robbie_742003 wrote:
80mph around roundabouts? You must be mad, that'll be another MR2 disappearing from our world. Glad you dont live near me. :mad:

I know those roundabouts and none of them are particularly difficult, they are dual carriageway for most of them and are very open.

In my much younger days, when I was more foolish I have done those roundabouts at speeds that were in triple figures.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

You're not that old Malc. :lol:

and you're still foolish.
robbie_742003

Post by robbie_742003 »

Tiamat wrote:

I know those roundabouts and none of them are particularly difficult, they are dual carriageway for most of them and are very open.

In my much younger days, when I was more foolish I have done those roundabouts at speeds that were in triple figures.

Well, its not just us risking our cars by being goaded into racing, its the other idiots on our roads, oh, and the innocent which get caught up in it.
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Would it matter if he was faster?

He's still in a Corsa.. =;

Even parked up, you still win, why waste the fuel trying to get ahead, your point is already proved! He has a Vauxhall badge!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

"Why do corsa boys think they can beat MR2's" was the subject.

My answer was because some can and do lol.
KrisMoyse

Post by KrisMoyse »

Lou-Lou wrote:He has a Vauxhall badge!

HEY! lol. I know technically it's a Holden but have you forgotten the Monaro??
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

KrisMoyse wrote:
Lou-Lou wrote:He has a Vauxhall badge!

HEY! lol. I know technically it's a Holden but have you forgotten the Monaro??

No! I don't like the Monaro either!
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

i had a corsa try to race me the other day too, 5 door purple thing it was, with 1 modification.....lexus lights #-o
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Butbutbutbutbut Monaro's are awesome!
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

A27??? I know them roundabouts. Used to drive my mini around there - can't remember removing the loud pedal from the bulkhead. Happy days - then I stuffed it it through a farm gate and parked it up a tree :oops:
KrisMoyse

Post by KrisMoyse »

j0nathan wrote:A27??? I know them roundabouts:

That's right on my doorstep! I know what you mean though they are bloody good roundabouts to keep it quick

Return to “Driving Experiences”