Newbie & saw Mk1 MR2 stand at Battlesbridge

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Blue1984

Newbie & saw Mk1 MR2 stand at Battlesbridge

Post by Blue1984 »

Hi All,

Just a quick post to say hello - my other half has bought me a 1987 MK1 in Red which we are picking up on Saturday. I've wanted one for ages and it's an unexpected present :)

I also have a Yaris, on my second one since 2004 after being burnt by the very poor reliability of a 1996 Fiesta as my first car! Definately have a fondness for Toyota's.

I've had a look but couldn't see any posts about it - we were at the Battlesbridge Classic Car Show on Sunday in Essex and saw the three cars that were on your stand & have been at JAE the past three years and saw you guys there too.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi really and gradually pick up info about these funky cars :)

Cheers
mr2mk1chick

Re: Newbie & saw Mk1 MR2 stand at Battlesbridge

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Hiya and welcome

Bet you can't wait to get your MK1. :mrgreen:

The past event section has the Battlesbridge thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96201

However this was organised by the south east area (see thread author) so contact him re local events to you.

For other events see the event sticky at the top of the mk1 section

Pop you location details in your profile :thumleft:

Also to join:
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/howto.html
can now do paypal too

enjoy \:D/
Ad Mayo

Post by Ad Mayo »

Welcome mate, I also have a yaris (t-sport) great reliable, economical cars. You could join here www.yarisclubuk.com aswell if your that into it.
utopia

Post by utopia »

hello and welcome, im new too but everybody is so friendly, great club :thumleft:
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

utopia wrote:hello and welcome, im new too but everybody is so friendly, great club :thumleft:

I think it's something about the type of people who are into MK1's/older retro cars, usually seem to be pretty nice frindly people :thumleft:
(and we kick out the riff raff here too, so no naughiness)
Harry

Post by Harry »

Welcome Tina :D

utopia wrote:hello and welcome, im new too but everybody is so friendly, great club :thumleft:

Welcome Ralf :D
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Blue1984 wrote:Hi All,

Just a quick post to say hello - my other half has bought me a 1987 MK1 in Red which we are picking up on Saturday. I've wanted one for ages and it's an unexpected present :)

I also have a Yaris, on my second one since 2004 after being burnt by the very poor reliability of a 1996 Fiesta as my first car! Definately have a fondness for Toyota's.

I've had a look but couldn't see any posts about it - we were at the Battlesbridge Classic Car Show on Sunday in Essex and saw the three cars that were on your stand & have been at JAE the past three years and saw you guys there too.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi really and gradually pick up info about these funky cars :)

Cheers

Hi ,i'm glad you saw us at the show, did you come over and have a chat with us?
We had a great day, it was our first year at Battlesbridge and will certainly be going again next year.
Hopefully you will join us next year on the stand :D
We should have had more on the stand but a few let us down at the last moment :cry:
We are a very friendly bunch and always make new members welcome!

We have lots of shows going on this year, so maybe you can join us at them . Just let me know and i will get you booked in.
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

Ad Mayo wrote:Welcome mate, I also have a yaris (t-sport) great reliable, economical cars. You could join here www.yarisclubuk.com aswell if your that into it.

Already a member - just havent posted lately, am called Blue84 on there ;)

Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve wrote:

We had a great day, it was our first year at Battlesbridge and will certainly be going again next year.
We should have had more on the stand but a few let us down at the last moment :cry:

We have lots of shows going on this year, so maybe you can join us at them . Just let me know and i will get you booked in.

Nah wasn't quite brave enough to come over and have a chat - did have a look at the cars though. Also spotted info about the Weald Classic Car show and another one in July, although I can't remember all the info about them so will do a google shortly I imagine.

I'd love to come to shows - we're already JAE fans and seeing as it's in Essex now can't really not go with being in the same county. See you're in Romford - I work there so have the daily commute to and fro. It's a 'mare since they shut Gallows Corner flyover!

Get the car tomorrow, can't wait.

Think I'll have a better look around here as I'm still finding my feet - although I used to use forums daily I'm a bit rusty now so got to get back into it again.

Thank you for all the welcomes :)
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Blue1984 wrote:
Ad Mayo wrote:Welcome mate, I also have a yaris (t-sport) great reliable, economical cars. You could join here www.yarisclubuk.com aswell if your that into it.

Already a member - just havent posted lately, am called Blue84 on there ;)

Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve wrote:

Nah wasn't quite brave enough to come over and have a chat - did have a look at the cars though. Also spotted info about the Weald Classic Car show and another one in July, although I can't remember all the info about them so will do a google shortly I imagine.

I'd love to come to shows - we're already JAE fans and seeing as it's in Essex now can't really not go with being in the same county. See you're in Romford - I work there so have the daily commute to and fro. It's a 'mare since they shut Gallows Corner flyover!

Get the car tomorrow, can't wait.

Think I'll have a better look around here as I'm still finding my feet - although I used to use forums daily I'm a bit rusty now so got to get back into it again.

Thank you for all the welcomes :)

Pm me your email address and you will be put on our SE area email list, keeping you up to date with whats going on :thumleft:
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

Got the car today and just been out for my first drive in it as my other half drove it home. I think it's safe to say I am hooked already, the power and feeling of the car is great.

Have PM'ed you aswell Steve ;)
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Blue1984 wrote:Got the car today and just been out for my first drive in it as my other half drove it home. I think it's safe to say I am hooked already, the power and feeling of the car is great.

Have PM'ed you aswell Steve ;)

I got the pm and will get you added.
Great to here you enjoyed the car, they are great fun :)
Hopefully you both will have hours of endless fun :D
Macky17

Post by Macky17 »

I also have a red mk1 and a Yaris. Spooky...
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

That is spooky - ah well must show we have good taste :lol: :lol:

Here's ours:

Image[/img]

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”