WTF Lol?

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Goto10

Re: WTF Lol?

Post by Goto10 »

AdDaMan wrote:were you in the right hand lane?
if so he probably just wanted to come by as he was in a rush.

*Nods*
I have an asthmatic turbo diesel (estate) barge and sometimes come up behind reasonably powerful cars sitting in the right hand lane doing X mph when I want to do X+10mph, they fail to move to the left despite having me sat behind for 30 seconds (I don't tailgate, but it's pretty obvious I've caught up with them, hence going faster), so I often go to make the pass on the inside, almost invariably they then floor it and prevent me from doing so - I'll then catch up and they'll then do the same, sometimes coming back to the left lane, so I then go to overtake on the outside and they floor it off into the distance again before slowing down - usually cutting back into my lane in order to slow me down again. I want to yank them out of their cars and shout "I want to do X+10mph you clearly want to do X mph, what's the big f'king issue! Just let me be on my way and leave me the f'ck alone!"
Hence when I'm in my tubby and some old bag of nails approaches behind me, I don't always see it as a sign that they think they have a faster car, I first assume they just need to be somewhere quicker than I do and therefore pull over allowing them past.
AdDaMan

Post by AdDaMan »

Goto10 wrote:
AdDaMan wrote:were you in the right hand lane?
if so he probably just wanted to come by as he was in a rush.

*Nods*
I have an asthmatic turbo diesel (estate) barge and sometimes come up behind reasonably powerful cars sitting in the right hand lane doing X mph when I want to do X+10mph, they fail to move to the left despite having me sat behind for 30 seconds (I don't tailgate, but it's pretty obvious I've caught up with them, hence going faster), so I often go to make the pass on the inside, almost invariably they then floor it and prevent me from doing so - I'll then catch up and they'll then do the same, sometimes coming back to the left lane, so I then go to overtake on the outside and they floor it off into the distance again before slowing down - usually cutting back into my lane in order to slow me down again. I want to yank them out of their cars and shout "I want to do X+10mph you clearly want to do X mph, what's the big f'king issue! Just let me be on my way and leave me the f'ck alone!"
Hence when I'm in my tubby and some old bag of nails approaches behind me, I don't always see it as a sign that they think they have a faster car, I first assume they just need to be somewhere quicker than I do and therefore pull over allowing them past.

Agree 100% my feelings exactly. nothing stresses me out more than muppets in the right hand lane not letting you past when your clearly travelling faster. Its a game i play all day long in my work van (which is quite quick) and causes me much stress!
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

I was driving my MR2 along a dual carriageway last year with the roof off.
Road drops from 60mph to 40mph.
I look in my mirror and there's a repmobile a couple of hundred yards back so I ease off.
Next thing, I see him dart up the inside of a car in the other lane, veer into the right lane, come past me and then dive back into the left lane about 2ft in front of my car.
W*nker, thinks I.
So, there's a side road coming up on the left and he indicates and slows down.
I indicate and move into the right hand lane to pass him as he turns.... except he doesn't turn. With the roof off I obviously heard him gun the engine and get alongside me.
Now I'm kinda stuck. It's a 40mph zone with cameras and busy traffic so I can't really outrun him so I slow down and indicate left.
He slows down.
By this time I am kinda seeing my ar5e and I see a chance, stick it in 2nd and get back in the left hand lane in front of him.
Next thing, HE pulls into the right hand lane, pulls up alongside me, winds the passenger window of his shiny new Vectra down and shouts "You're nothing special in that f**king fancy car".
Wonderful.
The traffic is now pretty nose-to-tail and we arrive at the roundabout and, wouldn't you know it, despite being in the righ hand lane he drives straight across the roundabout and cuts me up, forcing me up onto the kerb, narrowly avoiding some railings.

Do you suppose guys like that are proud of the way they act? Do they go home and tell their family how they gave some git in a sports car a good hiding tonight?
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

vectra !!! says it all.
DellaMorte

Post by DellaMorte »

Si I dont know how you didn't lose your rag! I got forced onto the kerb on a round about by a tit that clearly didnt understand what 2 lanes means. I chased him stopped my car infront of him and nearly ripped his head off. If there wasnt a queue of cars behind I'd have smacked him up lol He was a polish hand jockey saying how he fights to the death and xxxx I just laughed in the end and got back in my car.

May sound abit extreme but people like that need to know where they stand, you should have got his reg and called the old bill at the least.
ChrisT

Post by ChrisT »

Si_Crewe wrote:I was driving my MR2 along a dual carriageway last year with the roof off.
Road drops from 60mph to 40mph.
I look in my mirror and there's a repmobile a couple of hundred yards back so I ease off.
Next thing, I see him dart up the inside of a car in the other lane, veer into the right lane, come past me and then dive back into the left lane about 2ft in front of my car.
W*nker, thinks I.
So, there's a side road coming up on the left and he indicates and slows down.
I indicate and move into the right hand lane to pass him as he turns.... except he doesn't turn. With the roof off I obviously heard him gun the engine and get alongside me.
Now I'm kinda stuck. It's a 40mph zone with cameras and busy traffic so I can't really outrun him so I slow down and indicate left.
He slows down.
By this time I am kinda seeing my ar5e and I see a chance, stick it in 2nd and get back in the left hand lane in front of him.
Next thing, HE pulls into the right hand lane, pulls up alongside me, winds the passenger window of his shiny new Vectra down and shouts "You're nothing special in that f**king fancy car".
Wonderful.
The traffic is now pretty nose-to-tail and we arrive at the roundabout and, wouldn't you know it, despite being in the righ hand lane he drives straight across the roundabout and cuts me up, forcing me up onto the kerb, narrowly avoiding some railings.

Do you suppose guys like that are proud of the way they act? Do they go home and tell their family how they gave some git in a sports car a good hiding tonight?

I think there are some rather sad individuals who because they can't have/do a particular thing e.g. a sports car, they think that no one else should. You probably got off lightly, imagine how enraged he would have been if you'd been driving a Porsche
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

I know this is old but its pretty funny, I was driving down the dual carriageway not too long ago myself when there was the usual late night - crash barrier style road works (that are gone by next morning) so I slow down as indicated (workforce in road) and up comes these bright headlights like a train right onto my bumper, they sit there all the way through the roadworks, my rear view basically consisting of a grill and two what look like collapsed stars in my rear view mirror - once clear and back to 2 lanes I pull over (its late and I'm tired), so he then flashes me and beeps me and overtakes.

I think WTF? must be a Porsche or something? Nope, its an Espace driven by some bloke.

People carriers are the new white van.

](*,) lol
JJ

Post by JJ »

I drive a diesel people carrier.. you slow ar5ed MR2 drivers ought to get out the way if you're trying to economise with your 56 mph !! :mrgreen:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Martian_333 wrote:I know this is old but its pretty funny, I was driving down the dual carriageway not too long ago myself when there was the usual late night - crash barrier style road works (that are gone by next morning) so I slow down as indicated (workforce in road) and up comes these bright headlights like a train right onto my bumper, they sit there all the way through the roadworks, my rear view basically consisting of a grill and two what look like collapsed stars in my rear view mirror - once clear and back to 2 lanes I pull over (its late and I'm tired), so he then flashes me and beeps me and overtakes.

I think WTF? must be a Porsche or something? Nope, its an Espace driven by some bloke.

](*,) lol

Sounds like the same dude - wasnt in Kent on the A2/M2 was it?
Tommo-GTS

Post by Tommo-GTS »

sure it wasnt frank williams lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDG4ZYTcWN0

:mrgreen:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Martian_333 wrote:

](*,) lol

Especially since the new trend in fleet vans is to limit them to 60/70mph.

Motorway driving at 60 is not fun!
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

I drive a white van alllll day long and if I can`t undertake `i just over the top :lol: :lol: :lol:
513BHP at the hubs
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

Insert <drive> :oops:
513BHP at the hubs
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I cut up a white van on Saturday. Totally by accident but it felt gooood.
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Martian_333 wrote:I know this is old but its pretty funny, I was driving down the dual carriageway not too long ago myself when there was the usual late night - crash barrier style road works (that are gone by next morning) so I slow down as indicated (workforce in road) and up comes these bright headlights like a train right onto my bumper, they sit there all the way through the roadworks, my rear view basically consisting of a grill and two what look like collapsed stars in my rear view mirror - once clear and back to 2 lanes I pull over (its late and I'm tired), so he then flashes me and beeps me and overtakes.

](*,) lol

Sounds like the same dude - wasnt in Kent on the A2/M2 was it?

No mate, up here not too far from Milton Keynes.

You can economise all you want but theres always someone driving a 1980's Audi going 0.0000001mph slower than you so you have to hit boost range to get past them, when you only really want an extra 5mph, before you get run over by a German tank tonking up the "fast" lane.

56mph is about spot on aswell lol

Return to “Driving Experiences”