[Mk2] [Turbo] Anyone had boost creep via the down-pipe flange catching their waste-gate...

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Harry

[Mk2] [Turbo] Anyone had boost creep via the down-pipe flange catching their waste-gate...

Post by Harry »

Anyone had boost creep via the-after-market 2.5 or 3" down-pipe flange corner edge catching their CT 20-CT-26 TURBO's waste-gate...open?
karammander

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Anyone had boost creep via the down-pipe flange catching their waste-gate...

Post by karammander »

this is very common on the cheater ct style downpipes, usualy people tend to open the flange up on the inside.

cheers karam
Harry

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Anyone had boost creep via the down-pipe flange catching their waste-gate...

Post by Harry »

Thanks Karam,Pretty sure I have a GTS Chris, unit so do not think this Is the case with my one but just double checking all round to solve a boost-creep Issue.This point has been mentioned to me. So It Is only with the cheap units?
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

you sure one of chris isnt a cheaper "style" unit?
the ones with the few welds are the ones that sometimes catch.....
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hi Jim, bought It quite a long time back now will enlarge an Image from the top engine view have a look will, PM you mate and a reply to your PM,too :thumleft:

Return to “Mechanical”