Stopped for suspision of armed robbery

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Steve-O 2007

Stopped for suspision of armed robbery

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Well I stopped at the bank this morning at 7:55 to get some money out to pay for my Cambelt change that Im getting done on the weekend. When I went to start the car it wouldnt start, engine was flooded :( . So I waited 5 mins tried to start it again and still nothing, waited again and still nothing. Luckilly I work close to the bank (about a 2 min walk) so I just left it there for 2 hours untill my 10 oclock break. Went over and it started first time so I parked up outside my work and noticed the police in a T5 pulling up at the bank. They then saw me and drove over and stopped infront of me. They said the bank phoned them as there was a high performance sports cars left unattended in the carpark and they were worried it was going to be used as a getaway car in a bank robbery :D LOL. They said if you brake down in a bank carpark to phone the local police and just let them know. Overall they were great and we had a laugh about it :D.

2nd time in 2 weeks I have been stopped in this car, first for illegal number plate and now this :D
Quigonjay

Re: Stopped for suspision of armed robbery

Post by Quigonjay »

:lol:
bet not many people can say they have been stopped for attempted armed robbery in an mr2
:clap:
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

:lol: :lol: :lol: #-o

Very funny story! Of course an MR2 is the perfect getaway car for the gang of bank robbers and all the swag!

If you'd left a old Jag parked up I suspect the police would have given you a full cavity.....

:sick:
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Just for a laugh do it again next week, only this time leave some weird stuff in the boot..
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Lou-Lou wrote:Just for a laugh do it again next week, only this time leave some weird stuff in the boot..

lol, I did have a stock intercooler pipe and dump valve in the boot, supose I could have used the intercooler pipe as a pretend shotgun :mrgreen: :mrgreen: LOL

The thing is, who would use this as a get away car??? Sticks out abit I think LOL (fair enough if it was stock..) -

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... e_id=11795

Then again these banks have had a few attempted robberies in the past few months due to them being so close to a main round about with exits to the motorway and country roads. We had some armed police action a few months back arresting some people about to do a robbery :D MP5's out and everything :D. Im sure the police that stopped me could have been armed as well, they just didnt look like they were dressed as traffic police and theres a armed responce T5 that hangs around the estate :shock: :shock:
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:

The thing is, who would use this as a get away car??? Sticks out abit I think LOL (fair enough if it was stock..) -

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... e_id=11795

Oooh nice, liking that.. great choice of bumper ;) :thumleft:

I dunno.. its pretty subtle :lol:
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

engine flooded?? u put a carb on there? :lol:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

simmo490 wrote:engine flooded?? u put a carb on there? :lol:

no lol, Im getting overfueling problems so Im guessing this is flooding my engine when I suddenly shut the car off after a run without letting it idle for a while.

Lou-Lou, Yup, the Border bumper has to be the best MR2 bumper available :)
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:Well I stopped at the bank this morning at 7:55 to get some money out to pay for my Cambelt change that Im getting done on the weekend. When I went to start the car it wouldnt start, engine was flooded :( . So I waited 5 mins tried to start it again and still nothing, waited again and still nothing. Luckilly I work close to the bank (about a 2 min walk) so I just left it there for 2 hours untill my 10 oclock break. Went over and it started first time so I parked up outside my work and noticed the police in a T5 pulling up at the bank. They then saw me and drove over and stopped infront of me. They said the bank phoned them as there was a high performance sports cars left unattended in the carpark and they were worried it was going to be used as a getaway car in a bank robbery :D LOL. They said if you brake down in a bank carpark to phone the local police and just let them know. Overall they were great and we had a laugh about it :D.

2nd time in 2 weeks I have been stopped in this car, first for illegal number plate and now this :D
Were they pulling you over to ask if you'd seen the high performance car too?
:)
PJ3074

Post by PJ3074 »

Although its a great fast car...the bank staff must be really thick to assume it was going to be used for a bank job...have they seen how small the boot is !! If I was doing a job, I'd be empty'ing the vault and would need an estate car to enough space for the WEDGE !! Would have to be an RS4 Avant though...as would need a fast exit.

Well funny story 8) :lol:
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

I told you wearing that President Nixon mask in public will get you into trouble some day...
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

lol, I should have said to them "Personally I would have chose an Evo" :mrgreen:

Return to “Driving Experiences”