GT5 to include "L" Plates

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy Jones

GT5 to include "L" Plates

Post by Andy Jones »

More of a sugestion than a confirmed inclusion :) so i might start an online petition to Polyphony Digital?

I'm fed up with being smashed into the walls by crap drivers who can't deal with the fact that they are poo at driving games. If they time it right on corners they can get you penalized for a short cut ](*,) and making their car flash for 4 seconds does nothing to change the fact that i am now in last place :evil:

My Idea:

Slap L Plates on any car aggresively swerving left or right (3 strike rule) to violently ram another car that is attempting to overtake. The offenders cars should than flash permanently for a week (along with the L plates being displayed) so their driving has no effect whatsover on all the other online drivers.

(Hazzards flashing would be a nice touch too)

The people who crash into others for fun and deliberatly (who usually quit out once they've caused a pile up to probably wreck havock on another race) would have no reason to load it up for a week and make it a more challenging and enjoyable game for everyone else.

Is this a decent request? and does anyone else want to vent some anger :D
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: GT5 to include "L" Plates

Post by Lauren »

GLOL!

I've just been playing online for the last 4 hours and know exactly what you mean.

i've been doing the same high speed ring race in the 650 expert class. I've noticed that if i start from near the front i can normally have a good race and stand a chance of getting a podium.

However, if i'm starting near the back i inevitably get caught up in someone elses accident or someone decides to use me as a brake. It wouldn't be so bad but the first corner in that race is like 160mph so if someone nudges you a spin is nearly inevitable.

Andy whats your username? Can't remember if you are on my friends list or not.

If you fancy joining me (i can't speak for the learner drivers though) my user is trackdayqueen, i'm driving a tuned elise 111R.

Have to say though after 4 hours straight driving one car in one race over and over, i'm loving the game. Its a real challenge with professional physics on, you have to be so smooth.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Lauren wrote:Its a real challenge with professional physics on, you have to be so smooth.

What difference do the professional physics make? All I noticed (in about 30 seconds playing it in that mode) was the brakes didn't work as good #-o
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

JohnnyC wrote:
Lauren wrote:Its a real challenge with professional physics on, you have to be so smooth.

What difference do the professional physics make? All I noticed (in about 30 seconds playing it in that mode) was the brakes didn't work as good #-o

The brakes don't seem to work so good in the Pro settings and the back end on high performance cars lets go a lot easier (GT40 is a PITFA on Pro for me and usually have a couple of really good laps in it then make a tiny stupid mistake and it's back to last place and all over) Finished all the C & B class on pro settings but had go to to standard for some of the A class because gold just wasn't going to happen on Pro :(
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Lauren wrote:Andy whats your username? Can't remember if you are on my friends list or not.

If you fancy joining me (i can't speak for the learner drivers though) my user is trackdayqueen, i'm driving a tuned elise 111R.

Damorter :thumleft: (and your already on my friends list) I don't think there is any way of us joining/hosting a race together at the moment because it just does player matching and i think those with the best connections are the hosts at the moment from what i've seen :(
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

JohnnyC wrote:

It depends how you have the bad aids set up. Most immediate thing you notice is that you have to be smoother, also its easier to spin up the rear wheels and end up spinning yourself out.

Also you need a decent steering wheel ideally, because playing with the controller more or less nullifies the pro physics IYSWIM.

Check you have turned all the bad aids off:
Stability control
Traction control
steering assist
brake assist
And whatever else there is to hinder your driving.
Azz

Post by Azz »

Wouldn't it be better to make there cars "greyed out ghost's" so people know there scruffs but you can drive right through them, so they cant ram other people and nobody has to worry about them while racing.

Offence #
1: Ghost Car (1 Week)
2: Ghost Car + 5% Power Reduction, (1 Week)
3: Ghost Car + 10% Power Reduction, (2 Weeks)
4: Ghost Car + 10% Power Reduction, Start 100m Away from the Grid, (2 Weeks)
5: Ban
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Know what you mean....Ive been in 1st position few times where all one person needs to do is clip my side or rear and make me spin out on a bend. Worse ive had is lead on 5 laps and last bend comes and they ram me from behind causing me to go into sand!!! ARRRGHH

I like your idea though...they need to introduce some discipline onto the game or at least car damage!!
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Problem with online games tho, always get some willys who ruin in. Yeah crashes happen which is in effect a good thing, but deliberate smashing is annoying.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

nakamura wrote:Problem with online games tho, always get some willys who ruin in. Yeah crashes happen which is in effect a good thing, but deliberate smashing is annoying.

Its always a problem, though this is solved to a large extent by private rooms. Also for example on Toca RD3 you could kick and ban offenders, or use the comms system to great effect "there is a complete numpty, user blah, blah,..... do us a favour and take him out. :+: '

I tend to find unless i start right at the front then i tend to get caught up in other people's accidents, or i catch people up who then try and ram me off the road when i overtake them. Tis a PITA, but i'm kind of used to going from 2nd to last due to someone ramming me up the bum as i turn into a corner at the right speed whilst they use me as a brake.

Return to “Games Consoles”