[All] [Generic] 5 Point twist release Aircraft Harnesses

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiny

[All] [Generic] 5 Point twist release Aircraft Harnesses

Post by Tiny »

Would anyone be interested in a pair of (2) aircraft 5 point harnesses The CAA as soon as thier is a slight Fray in the belts the CAA say they have to be scrapped which is a shame as they are mechanically fine. I can get quite a few but its alot of paperwork for me and would like to know its worth it first.

They have to go though a 9G! Stop and still hold in the bloke in the chair without killing him so they are good!
SFLee

Re: [All] [Generic] 5 Point twist release Aircraft Harnesses

Post by SFLee »

picture ^^

and fitting is same as car one ?
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

I've got an aircraft harness someone sent me a while back. Not the same fitting, you need a bar on the bulkhead behind you to loop it around.
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
rookie-racer

Post by rookie-racer »

I'll have two pairs, one for my tubby, the other for my cousins, if the price isnt excessive - oh what colours are there - if possible can i get one pair blue and another black? but i'll scrounge whatever is going - cheers

ps - I was at 3.8g in a gyrodome (spaceball) ride the\ other day - ouch - so if these harnesses are good for nine g then they are wow - would there be any chance of a copy of the cert for the 9g stop on these - jsut that way my wife will let me put our son in the car with these
CarBen Fibre Creations

Post by CarBen Fibre Creations »

I'd have a pair pending photos :thumleft:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Sorry guys

Unfortunately i have now moved company and dont deal with the returns anymore.

I only have one pair which would need replacement Belts see pics these can be bought easily. http://www.aircraftseatbelts.com/pricing.php

The Y type inertia reels are the best for Car applications as they can be locked into a static mode for a more agressive hold.

Pics
The top pic shows the shoulder releases so that you can quickly undo the shoulder straps and lean forward and adjust something in traffic whilst still being securely held in place by the lap restraing but to release them all its a 45' twist either way :thumleft:

They are no good to me as i have to use my car for Every day use so for the cost of postage you can have them

Now if anyone does still want a set then i can talk to the company in the link above and may be able to negotiate a discount for a group buy but these are not cheap at about £70 each but completely customisable in colour and work great in my friends Tigercat Kit car and he has no problems getting it through MOT's with them fitted.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”