[Mk2] [Turbo] New JDM Winter wheels.....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rob

[Mk2] [Turbo] New JDM Winter wheels.....

Post by Rob »

Big thanks to Si (Aquamr) for my new Winter wheels....JDM A-Tech Final Speed 16" Staggered Monoblocks and Gram Light (I think) lightweight wheel nuts. The nuts are stupidly light - they almost feel plastic.

Im super chuffed with the look of the wheels, just need to get 45 profile tyres on the front to replace the 50's as they are scuffing my arch liner.

Pics......

-:[KM]:-

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] New JDM Winter wheels.....

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Nice!!

Winter wheels? Most people would be happy with those as their main set!!

:thumleft:

** Just had a look in your garage.. those Tom's are dribbly =P~ **
Rob

Post by Rob »

Cheers KM, well I have spent so damned much on the thing over the past year that I was getting fed up seeing the stock wheels during our long winters. I kept an eye out for some simple 1 piece wheels to refurbish but these popped up and I jumped at the chance. 3 wheels are totally mint and 1 has some minor kerbing which I will sort out.
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

Very nice mate - they go really well with the colour of the car (i'd be tempted to keep them on in summer too! :mrgreen: )

Nice motor :thumleft:
Rob

Post by Rob »

Cheers - I am tempted too :D, at least I will have the splits for the shiney show look and the monoblocks for the motorsport look :D
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

I don't really see the point in "winter wheels"....

The weather in the UK is always xxxx and i'm not one to let weather deteermine the look of my car season after season. Ok you can mention salt and grit causing damage to the summer wheels but that just means cleaning the wheels twice a week...... :roll:

These do look really nice though!! As above, i would be tempted to keep em on permanently! :thumleft:
Rob

Post by Rob »

My job means I dont get back until about 7pm so there is no way I am cleaning the split rims twice a week! Besides, I get 2 very different looks to my car throughout the year so I am very happy.

When I had the split rims refurbished the guy doing them said the lacquered rims would probably last 2 years before the salt and water got underneath them. This summer will be my 3rd with them on and they still look mint - so for lacquered split rims there are advantages to having winter wheels.

That said I love the new look so we shall see. I just like JDM rims!
dredd

Post by dredd »

2Crooky wrote:I don't really see the point in "winter wheels"....

The weather in the UK is always xxxx and i'm not one to let weather deteermine the look of my car season after season. Ok you can mention salt and grit causing damage to the summer wheels but that just means cleaning the wheels twice a week...... :roll:

i use the term winter wheels different, they have toyo r1 and my summer ones have toyo r888
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

They look fabulous .... what widths, offsets and rubber?

R :thumleft:

ps. Ever considered colour coding sills, splitter and spats?
Harry

Post by Harry »

Great Rims Rob,what offset are they about 30 33 7&8" wide? sit flush with the arches.Are they an anthracite or just deeper tone than silver.Keep those rare Toms mint mate! :wink: :thumleft:
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks guys :)

From what I can work out they are 7.5 and 8" wide. Offsets are 30 front and 35 rear. The fronts are flush whereas the rears aren't quite flush, but you don't notice it when looking over the car, and I'm glad or it would definitely hit my rear arch rims. I could put a 5mm hubcentric spacer kit on but I really don't think it needs it.

They are an anthracite grey metallic with hints of sea green and blue (honestly). The colour / finish is original and the 'Final Speed' logos are still perfect :D

Return to “Modifications”