[Mk2] [Turbo] anybody no wot power to expect?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CHRISREV3YELLOW

[Mk2] [Turbo] anybody no wot power to expect?

Post by CHRISREV3YELLOW »

hi im currently finishing my rev3 project and just wondering if nebody has an idea wot sort of power it will make? the spec list is as follows. wossner forged pistons compression 8-1, hks hi power muffler, motoria downpipe, blitz panel filter, iridium grade 7 spark plugs, blitz dump valve, apexi power fc and commander wit boost controller kit, will be running 19 psi of boost on ct20 turbo, walbro 255lph fuel pump. any ideas????????bhp sorry 4got 2 mension gredy intercooler kit
Last edited by CHRISREV3YELLOW on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L0rdMike

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] anybody no wot power to expect?

Post by L0rdMike »

19psi must be near on the limits for the CT20
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

300+ defo, but lack of cooling (uprated intercooler/chargecooler) will be your big stopper.
CHRISREV3YELLOW

sori 4got 2 metion greddy intercooler and spool fan
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

Maybe 320 then......... get it RR and we`ll see. :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

maybe around the 320/330 bhp mark...most of the expensive work is now done though...

get your fueling upgraded and with the help of a decent turbo 400+ will be easy... :mrgreen:
CHRISREV3YELLOW

thinking bout getting a td06 greddy wen the funds are gud, wot sort of power wud it do then
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

CHRISREV3YELLOW wrote:hi im currently finishing my rev3 project and just wondering if nebody has an idea wot sort of power it will make? the spec list is as follows. wossner forged pistons compression 8-1, hks hi power muffler, motoria downpipe, blitz panel filter, iridium grade 7 spark plugs, blitz dump valve, apexi power fc and commander wit boost controller kit, will be running 19 psi of boost on ct20 turbo, walbro 255lph fuel pump. any ideas????????bhp sorry 4got 2 mension gredy intercooler kit

I reckon in theory you should be able to hit 320 - 330 fwbhp with a good map. The limit is not the turbo as such, but the stock injectors. As mrtee says, get your fuelling sorted - i.e. bigger injectors - and a turbo upgrade - hmm, let me think: GT30 - and you'll be able to make 400fwbhp easy :D

As you don't have a charge cooler, I would have thought an engine lid fan kit (Rogue) would be well worth it for the summer. :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

mattcambs wrote:
CHRISREV3YELLOW wrote:hi im currently finishing my rev3 project and just wondering if nebody has an idea wot sort of power it will make? the spec list is as follows. wossner forged pistons compression 8-1, hks hi power muffler, motoria downpipe, blitz panel filter, iridium grade 7 spark plugs, blitz dump valve, apexi power fc and commander wit boost controller kit, will be running 19 psi of boost on ct20 turbo, walbro 255lph fuel pump. any ideas????????bhp sorry 4got 2 mension gredy intercooler kit

I reckon in theory you should be able to hit 320 - 330 fwbhp with a good map. The limit is not the turbo as such, but the stock injectors. As mrtee says, get your fuelling sorted - i.e. bigger injectors - and a turbo upgrade - hmm, let me think: GT30 - and you'll be able to make 400fwbhp easy :D

As you don't have a charge cooler, I would have thought an engine lid fan kit (Rogue) would be well worth it for the summer. :thumleft:

well said matt and i'd also recommend a garret turbo, they out do the others in every way... :-k
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

I dream of a Garrett GT series turbo =P~ =P~ =P~

They absolutely slay anything else in terms of spool up time.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

310-320 should be possible...
tho thats alot of boost for a ct20b..

fresh engine will definatly help..
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

is it really that mush quicker to write 'wit' and 'wot' as opposed to 'with' and 'what'? It's one button lad! :-$
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Skywalker wrote:is it really that mush quicker to write 'wit' and 'wot' as opposed to 'with' and 'what'? It's one button lad! :-$

I was finkin dat, innit :D

Hey, luke, with no Lauren at the moment someone needs to enforce IMOC rules on text speak! :thumleft: \:D/
CHRISREV3YELLOW

does it realy bug you that much, you should try going out the house more it might help lmao \:D/
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

CHRISREV3YELLOW wrote:does it realy bug you that much, you should try going out the house more it might help lmao \:D/

We're just a bunch of p1ss taking bastards that's all :lol:
No offense, mate :)

But you are right, I do need to get out the house more. I'm on IMOC every night!
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

It is annoying yes, and I for one generally don't reply to posts written so badly, if you can't be bothered to even write correctly so I can read it without having to ask my 15 year old neice to translate it why should I be bothered to help you.

I know I am not alone too!
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

WHy did u guys moan about his cooling? I thought Greddy is good for 400bhp?!
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Antstarr wrote:WHy did u guys moan about his cooling? I thought Greddy is good for 400bhp?!

Not moaning as such, but I would be a little concerned about any side mount IC running 400bhp + without additional cooling.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”