3.0L V6 vs 1.3L

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

scottish_mr2

Re: 3.0L V6 vs 1.3L

Post by scottish_mr2 »

MRV6 wrote:Never said I tried to race faster cars??????

my mistake mate.. i was getting you confused with BarronMR.. it's all this thread editing thats been going on.. pretty confusing stuff.. and in anycase - this threads about a 1.3 against a V6.. if you've not raced one.. what can you add to the discussion?.. apart from confirming your car's slower/faster than one?..
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Never said I could add to the discussion mate????
scottish_mr2

Post by scottish_mr2 »

MRV6 wrote:Never said I could add to the discussion mate????

ok....

so the point of your posts is what exactly?....
GeeUK

Post by GeeUK »

If nobody did things differently, then what a boring place this world would be?

V6 is not as fast as the 3SGTE..so what!! LOL

And by the way ant standard 1.3 car would get owned by a V6 engine MR2, my car is far from standard!

Sorry this thread brought some negativity towards your V6 conversion mate, I never intended or thought this would happen.
OlberJ

Post by OlberJ »

Can i bring my Hyabusa into this debate?

It's a 1.3 after all.
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Well I don't want to have a go at anyone/any mr2. I've never had a dig at anyone's car. If they want to paint it in a bright colour, do something to the interior, engine, wheels it's their choice mate. We might not agree but fair doo's to em, they have had the balls to do it.

Sorry if I sound sad but I like mr2's whatever flavour they may be and what people want to de wi em is their buisiness.
scottish_mr2

Post by scottish_mr2 »

OlberJ wrote:Can i bring my Hyabusa into this debate?

It's a 1.3 after all.

i reckon that would own most things mate.. especially if it was in a Mini?... 8)
scottish_mr2

Post by scottish_mr2 »

MRV6 wrote:Well I don't want to have a go at anyone/any mr2. I've never had a dig at anyone's car. If they want to paint it in a bright colour, do something to the interior, engine, wheels it's their choice mate. We might not agree but fair doo's to em, they have had the balls to do it.

Sorry if I sound sad but I like mr2's whatever flavour they may be and what people want to de wi em is their buisiness.

fair enough mate.. it's Phil isn't it? aka Tuffy/Tucky?

i've still got the mag with your feature in it.. one of the best V6's in the country IMHO.. 8)

i rmember yours because it was a 1MZ-FE and not the run of the mill 3MZ-FE's.. very nice and still a very rare conversion in this country! :th:
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Aye it's Phil mate and it's Tucky.

And I don't want to fall out with anyone about a mr2 cos they are still one of the sexiest cars around. They never age IMO. We cool on this Scottish mate 8) :thumleft:
scottish_mr2

Post by scottish_mr2 »

MRV6 wrote:Aye it's Phil mate and it's Tucky.

And I don't want to fall out with anyone about a mr2 cos they are still one of the sexiest cars around. They never age IMO. We cool on this Scottish mate 8) :thumleft:

i'm fine with it Phil.. nowt personal on my part and you should be proud to have probably one of the best V6 conversions in the country.. although i do like Jim Greens as well! lol!..

:thumleft:
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

No mate no probs, all MR2's at the end of the day. That's fine by me :thumleft:
scottish_mr2

Post by scottish_mr2 »

MRV6 wrote:No mate no probs, all MR2's at the end of the day. That's fine by me :thumleft:

in case you thought i was speaking out my ar$e..

Banzai - June 2006 Issue 56:

and a poor attempt at stitching them together:

one of the best MR2's in the country - let alone what engine is in it (although the 1MZ-FE with SC is a piece of art! - absolutely lovely motor mate).. love your car to bits ..

a lot of animosity on my part and others isn't directed at you (or any V6 owner per-se) .. its at PW and his clique who always spout out crap and stir xxxx up on threads with facts/figures they cannot prove - which is a shame really as i think the general consensus would like an open and honest/validated/fact based discussion on the merits of the different types of engine.. but unfortunately PW and Co resort to petty name calling and threats which tends to result in getting the threads deleted or locked.. ...

you're one of the good guys who enjoy their car for what it is and don't tend to get involved in arguments or the politics of it all and make ludicrous claims or flame baiting etc..

if only every V6 owner was like you Phil! lol!...

PS for what its worth we have had lenghty discussions in the past on the topic.. but i don't expect you to remember as it was years back! lol!... 8)
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

scottish,i dont know who you think you are or what your problem is with me but lets get some facts straight,our information and facts are based on real world experience of driving these cars (35 plus conversions built up to now) and a video of a v6 mr2 returning an equal time to a mk2 turbo on the quarter mile,also with a timeslip to prove that.

I have never falsified information knowingly or otherwise,i dont need to,the conversions sell themselves.We just carried out a 3s-gte to v6 swap for lee,he went to crail and told me he was getting within 0.2 of his best 3s-gte time and is 100% happy with that as he now has the best of both worlds.

Im asking you politely to stop baiting me on the forums,that goes for mikee and shibby as well,i have never done anything to you or gone out of my way to cause trouble for you,so please give it a rest.

You are happy with your mr2 (assuming you have one?),why are you running a hate campaign against a conversion we carry out?

We also do 3s-gte into mk1 and 3vz-fe into mk3,and 1mz-fe into mk1 and mk2 models as well... what is it about this particular conversion that warrants these childish attacks? have you even driven one? do you know what they are all about and why people love them?

I have also been legally advised that if you continue to defam my name or business that i can take legal proceedings against you.I have never worked on a car you own,or given you bad service of any nature,so ive been advised to tell you formally of my intentions should you persist to defam my character.

Thats my final word on this thread.
scottish_mr2

Post by scottish_mr2 »

PW@Woodsport wrote:scottish,i dont know who you think you are or what your problem is with me but lets get some facts straight,our information and facts are based on real world experience of driving these cars (35 plus conversions built up to now) and a video of a v6 mr2 returning an equal time to a mk2 turbo on the quarter mile,also with a timeslip to prove that.

I have never falsified information knowingly or otherwise,i dont need to,the conversions sell themselves.We just carried out a 3s-gte to v6 swap for lee,he went to crail and told me he was getting within 0.2 of his best 3s-gte time and is 100% happy with that as he now has the best of both worlds.

Im asking you politely to stop baiting me on the forums,that goes for mikee and shibby as well,i have never done anything to you or gone out of my way to cause trouble for you,so please give it a rest.

You are happy with your mr2 (assuming you have one?),why are you running a hate campaign against a conversion we carry out?

We also do 3s-gte into mk1 and 3vz-fe into mk3,and 1mz-fe into mk1 and mk2 models as well... what is it about this particular conversion that warrants these childish attacks? have you even driven one? do you know what they are all about and why people love them?

I have also been legally advised that if you continue to defam my name or business that i can take legal proceedings against you.I have never worked on a car you own,or given you bad service of any nature,so ive been advised to tell you formally of my intentions should you persist to defam my character.

Thats my final word on this thread.

what's defam?... - maybe i also don't take too kindly to being threatened?..

can i ask that you stop SPAMMING this thread with your guff and maybe add any comments you have in the correct thread?:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 980#810980

](*,)

FWIW: i think you should maybe look up the definition of DEFAMATION:

In law, defamation (also called vilification, slander, and libel) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressively stated or implied to be factual

and maybe whilst you're at it - the defences for defamation:

Fair comment on a matter of public interest, statements made with an honest belief in their truth on a matter of public interest (official acts) are defenses to a defamation claim, even if such arguments are logically unsound; if a reasonable person could honestly entertain such an opinion, the statement is protected.

Truth is an absolute defense in the United States as well as in the common law jurisdictions of Canada. In some other countries it is also necessary to show a benefit to the public good in having the information brought to light.

so where are all the 13 second quarter V6's Mr Woods? forget the legal action - someone should take your UNPROVEN claims up with Trading Standards..

:thumleft:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

:evil: Right, I've locked this thread and referred it on to the committee (for tidying up or unlocking or whatever). I don't have time myself....

Return to “Driving Experiences”