hlp fitting head unit please

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DamienMR2

hlp fitting head unit please

Post by DamienMR2 »

right, i got a 1995 m reg rev 3 uk GT T-bar, and i got this goodmans cd player head unit, ufin special cos im not that into sound systems, and ive been told to find out if the car has a built in amplifier, if it has this cd player wont work? so i was wondering will my car have an amp, if so how do i find out for certain?

thanks in advance for any help
dallisonc

Re: hlp fitting head unit please

Post by dallisonc »

If youu look behind the passenger seat there will be a box if you have an amp it should be in there.

This link will tell you where everything is

http://www.mr2-tech.com/bgb/mechanical/ ... tem/13.htm
cstevo

Re: hlp fitting head unit please

Post by cstevo »

Hi,bought my car a month or so back (import t-bar) it has the standard toyota sound system i beleive they call it the active system,8-speakers+sub, i fitted a jvc mp3 player and hard wired to all the original speakers, sounds superb, trying to add aftewrmarket stereo to the toyota amp system is a nitemare unless you want to shell out £40 on an autoleads converter ,i think the lead is the pc9-406 halfords would be able to order one for you.but it isnt that difficult to rewire the speakers to your newe head unit,after all it doesnt give any more than most aftermarket head units ie 4x40w. hope its some help!

Return to “Electrical”