Rev 3 MR2 V Evo IX

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

splashnatz

Re: Rev 3 MR2 V Evo IX

Post by splashnatz »

wonder if it was Aidy ? maybe he's been reading the EVO posts on here and decided to revert to mr2-dom ?
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

Azzazzel wrote:your welcome now get me my pipe and slippers b1tch!

:lol:

Get it yourself you fat f*cking fart ;)

:lol:
M5
Azzazzel

Post by Azzazzel »

Right after I finish squirelling your inheritance away in the mistresses knickers flower :lol:
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

V8Killer wrote:Its true. One advantage the Evo has, especially the 6 speeders are short gear ratios, which helps with acceleration. In 6th at 80MPH am at around 4100rpm.!!!

As the generations have evolved with the Evo, the transmission have got more and more efficient.

RC Developments just dynoed the new Evo X and it estimated it to have just less then 20% transmission losses!!!

They are low geared but my Tommi Mak is doing 3700rpm in 5th at 80 mph and my mate has a 9GT running 427bhp which sits around 3k at 80mph, have you fitted an aftermarket final drive to yours?

Apart from the obvious 5 speed and 6 speed options the transmissions (diffs,ayc, props etc..) are pretty much the same bar the RS/RSX which don't have ayc and some Tommi Maks have front LSD :mrgreen:

That X at RC developments produced 202bhp @wheels which is pretty pants and a bit MORE than a 20% loss if you work it out......
Azz

Post by Azz »

Mine does 3990rpm @ 100mph (Its a needles width under 4K)
dellams

Post by dellams »

Hi Guys,

I agree its pretty close between the evo and MR2. Just to add my few cents my mate has an evo 8 I think he said is running either 260 or 280, I have my rev1 running between 210-230 depending on heat, etc since the cooling is crap in mine!

We did a 1/4 mile drag strip at Dakota and have to say we were very close to each other where I won some and he won some, all depended who got the better start. But once we were moving we were pretty much the same speed.

I guess like you said must be due to the 4wd power loss, maybe a bit of wind resistance too. :)

I think hes best time was about 9.1 and mine was 9.4 so he was a tad quicker cos it was a very hot day so I had cooling issues and he was sat there with his intercooler spray button pressed down continuously!

I think on a cold day it may be have been a different story since I notice I BIG difference in power then.

Cheers.

p.s. I do love evo's though, prefer them to scoobys, they just look bigger and meaner, I love the back of them with his huge ironing board! lol Also love their symbol, im afraid to say its my fav car manufacturer symbol, looks like bio-hazard, like danger, keep out my way! :twisted:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

9.1 qtr mile?
Are you sure?

You'd need 400-500 bhp to get that!
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

Sure you need more than 400hp to achieve a 9sec quarter
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

congrats dellams - you're the first uk 2 in the 9s - and damn near an 8 LOL - think that'd make you worlds fastest ...

nah, you've got your times mixed up somehow (maybe 1/8th mile ?) but i get what you're saying ... more evenly matched cars than you'd expect given the book figures.
dellams

Post by dellams »

lol sorry my bad! I meant 1/8 mile! :)
dellams

Post by dellams »

Yeah both my evo mate and scooby mate were really surprised and impressed at what a 2 could really do, especially in straight line performance! :)

Hes planning on doing stage 2 tuning to it to bring it up to 320-350ish, and im currently about to get a rev3 tubby running somewhere between 350-450, so im pretty sure I know what the next result will be! :twisted:

My scooby mate was so impressed he said hes taking his next time since he didnt fancy racing last time, but now wants a go against me now hes seen im no push over! :) Think hes running about 240ish so I reckon my rev1 may just have the edge over him but will prob be close again.

Cheers.
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

Stage 2 will net you more than 320bhp in an Evo.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

My first race at Santa Pod was against a non STi bug eyed scoobie. I destroyed it. My first race lol.

My car was around 235bhp btw at the time.
dellams

Post by dellams »

Yeah sounds about right, the 2 seems to make the most use out of its power. I seem to recall someone on hear who had owned all 3 and said out of all the cars if they had equal power his money would always be on the 2. :)

On a track though it would prob be a different story. Saying that though I just took mine on the track at JapFest and was only 10 secs behind this skyline and scooby which I thought were really kicking my ass due to lapping me. It was my 1st time on the track too and you could tell these other guys had been on there before! :)

In the straights I was keeping up with them but the fear made me slower in the corners, pushed it once to see what would happen and as predicted I 360 it! lol

Was a lot of fun though! :thumleft:
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

I just love the way you all look upto the Evo and aim to match it's performance!

Mr2's a great car in it's own right so just let it go guys it'll never be an Evo.
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

anthonyg wrote:
just let it go guys it'll never be an Evo.

thank god for that !

nah, evo's are okay, definately prefer them to scoobs, but hell, i don't want a family saloon ...

Return to “Driving Experiences”