Rev 3 MR2 V Evo IX

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

V8Killer

Rev 3 MR2 V Evo IX

Post by V8Killer »

Who was the ugly bloke in the white MR2, white wheels, the other day on the A444 heading towards nuneaton off the M6 roundabout?

He tried it on the inside of the roundabout coming off the Makro stretch and i just drove right around the outside of him! Exited the turn off and was gone!!!

I was in the grey Evo IX!

I did put my hazards on, but you never ackonwledged! Misreble git!
M5
Antstarr

Re: Rev 3 MR2 V Evo IX

Post by Antstarr »

I sat in 2 EVO 9's last week very nice rides. One was an FQ360 as well...plenty of neck snapping due to the torque...flung the corners hard and brakes were like hitting a wall!!

Cant say im not impressed....
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I doubt it would have been one of us!
If it was he wont admit getting owned.
There's alot of tubby drivers here that just think they're faster but it's silly.

On the other hand, you probably did twice as much fuel as him and now need a full service :whistle:
Morth666

Post by Morth666 »

matt_mr2t wrote:On the other hand, you probably did twice as much fuel as him and now need a full service :whistle:

:lol:
alias

Post by alias »

Lol... what is the saying about Evo's?

Overtake anything apart from a petrol station. :D

Seriously though, bloke on my street was bragging about getting an MR - washing it, then revving it till the curtains twitched... :roll:

Don't get me wrong, I like Evos, especially from 7 onwards, but they are not the quickest out there, and I don't think the vast majority of Evo owners even realise the difference between a tubby and an n/a, than alone what a decent tubby can do...

- apart from the 7 i raced at the pod last year when he was with his club on a day out, and i posted a 13.4 to his 13.7. :thumleft:

There are plenty of Evos that would kick my ass, and plenty of MR2s that would kick theirs...etc.

It's all subjective at the end of the day, eh?

Cheers
Last edited by alias on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

Oh believe me, my MR2 puts sum serious bus lengths on my Evo (400/400).

I just wanted to know if the owner of the MR2 is here - thats all!! Aand tell him how ugly and misreble he is :eye:
M5
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

matt_mr2t wrote:
On the other hand, you probably did twice as much fuel as him and now need a full service :whistle:

Mmaybe if i was in MY MR2 :twisted:
M5
alias

Post by alias »

Feck, you have an Evo 400/400 AND an MR2 that can beat it?

Dream-land for me fella, must be tough choice each day, eh?

Just wish I had ur funds :shock:

p.s. it WAS a bit miserable of him, though we all have chill-out moments, even in a tubby, so maybe you caught him on one..... or maybe it was simply no match...

regards
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I dont think a standard MR2 turbo would pose much of a threat for a standard Evo dont they start at 280bhp ?

I really hate this "my modded tubby can beat an evo" what about a modded evo!
mcoppen

Post by mcoppen »

Only 30bhp more, heavier and have 4wd transmission loss. Not going to be much in it.
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

alias wrote:Feck, you have an Evo 400/400 AND an MR2 that can beat it?

Dream-land for me fella, must be tough choice each day, eh?

Just wish I had ur funds :shock:

p.s. it WAS a bit miserable of him, though we all have chill-out moments, even in a tubby, so maybe you caught him on one..... or maybe it was simply no match...

regards

Evo

MR2

The MR2 is pushing 550 / 500.

Cheers
M5
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

mcoppen wrote:Only 30bhp more, heavier and have 4wd transmission loss. Not going to be much in it.

Thats 80bhp over a rev1 or 2 and it'll put the power to more use than fishtailing down the road.

The sub 300 bhp Evo's are rarer than the 300+ ones too it seems.

My MR2 is around the 300bhp mark and I wouldnt expect to keep up with a 300+ bhp Evo on the basis of a few kilo's and 4wd.
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

Its true. One advantage the Evo has, especially the 6 speeders are short gear ratios, which helps with acceleration. In 6th at 80MPH am at around 4100rpm. Plant the throttle and am doing silly speeds in no time!!!

To put it into perspective, i've pulled on a 997 Turbo (ex-MR2 owner by the way), and been neck and neck with a Gallardo, again to silly speeds. Thats with me miss-shifting into 3rd. The 4WD transmission losses do play a part, i admit, but not to the extent people make out. As the generations have evolved with the Evo, the transmission have got more and more efficient.

RC Developments just dynoed the new Evo X and it estimated it to have just less then 20% transmission losses!!! Still looks like an Astra though :)
M5
Azzazzel

Post by Azzazzel »

Is he ugly and a miserable git because he didnt acknowledge you? Maybe he saw your hazards and was pre-occupied thinking 'what the hell?, wheres the hazard?' to bother acknowledging the 'more attractive and happy' guy in an evo.

From what you've put it sounds like you were going at a speed and he was going faster or wanted to go faster and tried to pass you(even if it was illegaly). Then you showed him your car is 'faster', 'better', pick your adjective.

If I understand the 'between the lines' stuff appropriately then I wonder what the guy in the mr2's problem was.

:-k but well done for beating an mr2! You showed him! Bravo
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

Azzazzel wrote:but well done for beating an mr2! You showed him! Bravo

M5
Azzazzel

Post by Azzazzel »

You aren't seeing it are you :thumleft:
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

Azzazzel wrote:You aren't seeing it are you :thumleft:

If it makes you feel better the MR2 just wiped the floor with my Evo :+:
M5
Azzazzel

Post by Azzazzel »

have a cookie :lol: :thumleft:
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

Azzazzel wrote:have a cookie :lol: :thumleft:

Thanks darling :clown:

xx
M5
Azzazzel

Post by Azzazzel »

your welcome now get me my pipe and slippers b1tch!

:lol:

Return to “Driving Experiences”